UW Putting Together Best Team in 30 Years

D

DomeHawk

When Penix announced at the banquet that he was returning I was shocked. Then some of other top players announced they were staying and it looks like we have switched the states top prospect so.....It's clear that the players are communicating w each other to build this team.

Probably not going to keep Odunze with him m being projected a 1st rounder but we have picked up some other WR's so that should be another loaded receiver room.

How far can they go? They will be top-10 coming right out the gate and for sure a Pac championship contender. I think they have a chance to be a solid CFP contender.

In either case it's going to be fun watching Penix and crew for another season!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Their run defense and defense overall needs to get much much better. Had a great offensive turn around in less than one season, that needs to happen on the other side of the ball as well.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Yep, and it's a glaring weakness but we got 10 wins w this shitty D. They have two D players in the portal, an edge rusher and an LB. Need more. Problem right now is our recruiting is still not good. Another good season next year should help to fix that.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

This could turn out to be a very good team with Penix coming back and portal transfers BUT I am really disappointed at our recruiting. Currently we sit at consensus 43. That isn't going to cut it and we need to hire a top notch recruiting coordinator.

Edit: 247 now has us at #25 and #25 in transfer portal rankings. Still, should be higher after a 10-win season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This could turn out to be a very good team with Penix coming back and portal transfers BUT I am really disappointed at our recruiting. Currently we sit at consensus 43. That isn't going to cut it and we need to hire a top notch recruiting coordinator.

Edit: 247 now has us at #25 and #25 in transfer portal rankings. Still, should be higher after a 10-win season.
True but who had Penix as one of the best QB’s in college football this time last year. So the experts are not always right.