Uw's jimmy lake interviewing at Cal

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
sondevil89":wp4km54p said:
Do you have a link where he has said that? Because let's face it, regardless of what you do for a living you aren't going to announce that you are open to a move. He has been named as a potential candidate at several schools but being smaller schools it isn't seen as a vertical move. I believe he is waiting for the right opportunity and given his success at this level, it is not far off.

Think about it, there is a reason Lake didn't take the Cal or Oregon job and that is that Petersen wants continuity at that position and has communicated that to Lake. He will be a very good DC and someday a very good HC.
I'm just going off of what I've heard, not what I've read. And what I've heard is that Coach K loves being a DC and has no real desire to be a HC. Could that change? Possibly, but I don't like it's likely. The guy has been coaching since the late 80's and has never been a HC and that's by his choosing.

sondevil89

Reaction score
CPHawk":3ri7w2kr said:
Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Question for ASU fan, why would any UO fan not want Pete to leave? everyone knows he's a hell of a DC.

In terms of recruiting Jimmy Lake is far more valuable to UW than Coach Pete is.

On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

I guess there are some people who just don't tolerate liars and trolls well.

sondevil89

Reaction score
CPHawk":2sm15vjx said:
Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Question for ASU fan, why would any UO fan not want Pete to leave? everyone knows he's a hell of a DC.

Softy is the ultimate homer, in fact he is the standard by which all other homers are judged.

Add to that, that he is a certified idiot, and "Just going off of what softy said," isn't likely to inspire much credibility, I would avoid starting sentences with that particular declarative clause.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sondevil89":1tp9rlrc said:
CPHawk":1tp9rlrc said:

In terms of recruiting Jimmy Lake is far more valuable to UW than Coach Pete is.

On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

You seem like a very angry person. Want a hug?

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1eztrlib said:
sondevil89":1eztrlib said:
CPHawk":1eztrlib said:

I get that you want to play "shoot the messenger" but that only reveals a certain sense of inadequacy. Freud describes it as a marginal defense for fending off what is distressing or unbearable. It would seem that most trolls share this proclivity.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sondevil89":2mp2t8eu said:
JSeahawks":2mp2t8eu said:

I get that you want to play "shoot the messenger" but that only reveals a certain sense of inadequacy. Freud describes it as a marginal defense for fending off what is distressing or unbearable. It would seem that most trolls share this proclivity.

You've been here for 10 days and you want to call quality posters who have been here for years trolls? I would like to congratulate you on being the first person in the 12ish years i've been on the different versions of .net to be put on my ignore list. Well done.

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2m55ufqm said:
sondevil89":2m55ufqm said:
JSeahawks":2m55ufqm said:

You've been here for 10 days and you want to call quality posters who have been here for years trolls? I would like to congratulate you on being the first person in the 12ish years i've been on the different versions of .net to be put on my ignore list. Well done.

I've seen the mods call you out on your constant trolling of the Huskies so don't pretend I'm the first one.

But yeah, if you can't stand the heat...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
sondevil89":1v5xcd74 said:

Anyone who says a message board should be more like Dawgman or educk deserves to be banned IMO. Those Scout boards are garbage, and they are run by terrible people.

sondevil89

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3jzhossf said:
sondevil89":3jzhossf said:

Anyone who says a message board should be more like Dawgman or educk deserves to be banned IMO. Those Scout boards are garbage, and they are run by terrible people.

I don't remember saying that .net should be more like those so please don't attribute that to me. Having said that, I couldn't agree w/you more, and they are probably not good examples, but the point was that there are rules internet wide re: college recruiting.

cesame

Reaction score
"there are rules"

Internet police over here. Nerd alert.

This forum has functioned just fine for years. If you don't like it feel free to leave.

sondevil89

Reaction score
cesame":q59gspm7 said:
"there are rules"

Internet police over here. Nerd alert.

This forum has functioned just fine for years. If you don't like it feel free to leave.

Again, trying to attribute something to me out of context. I gave examples of college team fan boards and then referenced "internet wide rules" within that context. The reason being, college teams will suspend access to those sites who violate those rules. That obviously is not the case here with this being a Seattle Seahawks board. I get that, but this constant trolling of anything UW and unsubstantiated claims is BS. And, I haven't noticed you doing that.

I actually was impressed by your ability to objectively judge the hospitalized players situation but I also realize that you duck people can dish it out but cannot take it. I would offer back that if you can't take it, feel free to leave.

CPHawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":2mhm7r49 said:
CPHawk":2mhm7r49 said:

What rumor did I start? That coach K doesn't want to leave UW? Or that Lake is looking to move up so he can be a HC? Neither of those things are rumors, they are facts. Lake wants to be a HC, and if someone offers him a job that he thinks will get him there quicker, he'll take it. As for the Cal gig, it was everywhere, but it sounds like the buyout stopped the move. I'm not sure why your so sensitive about coaches leaving, Alabama has replaced 13 coaches in the last 3 years, coaches want to be HC at some point.

sondevil89

Reaction score
CPHawk":cx3cx4l5 said:
sondevil89":cx3cx4l5 said:
CPHawk":cx3cx4l5 said:

What rumor did I start? That coach K doesn't want to leave UW? Or that Lake is looking to move up so he can be a HC? Neither of those things are rumors, they are facts. Lake wants to be a HC, and if someone offers him a job that he thinks will get him there quicker, he'll take it. As for the Cal gig, it was everywhere, but it sounds like the buyout stopped the move. I'm not sure why your so sensitive about coaches leaving, Alabama has replaced 13 coaches in the last 3 years, coaches want to be HC at some point.

Where did I say you started a rumor? I'm not the least bit sensitive about coaches leaving, it's a fact of life in all sports. What I am sensitive about is when people make declarations that are unsubstantiated. For instance, re: Lake, "looks like he'll stay another year." Really? Did he say that? Can you provide a link? "Coach K doesn't want to be a head coach" I have never read that he has said that, have you? Or, "looks like the Oregon DE is going to decommit this weekend." That could in fact happen but there isn't information out there that says that is going to happen other than a campus visit. Or even, "a Husky insider told me" inferring that they have a direct conduit to inside info, what a crock!

It's the kind of crap that unethical people post about their rivals knowing that kids involved in the recruiting cycle might see because it's their 15 mins of fame and they are all over social media.

sondevil89

Reaction score
CPHawk":3mptdile said:

One more thing, and I am not trying to lay this on you as others have speculated also. This idea that Lake didn't get the Cal job because of buy-out money is rumor too. Have you read where either admin or Lake himself has said that? Not taking that job was smart, the job would have only paid 50K more than he is making now as a co-defensive coordinator AND there was simply no upside in terms of building your rep with little in the way of player personnel. You could actually end up hurting your rep with a really bad defense. Same with Oregon, duck fans will have you believe that it was a 100% the coaches fault but the truth is they just didn't have much in the way player personnel either. The Huskies could have probably scored 100 points if they hadn't put their 3rd string in. I'm sure that wasn't lost on him.

Lake made the smart call, UW was the best spot to increase rep with a good year and great coaching staff. Will he leave in a year? Who the hell knows? He might end up being the next DC here and stay for several years. He has stated his ambition to be a HC and I'm sure he'll get that opportunity at some point, but I don't see it happening until he's been a head DC for awhile.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The fact that there are few limits as to what can be said on this board is a big reason why I post here. I like the jabs at my Huskies from Duck fans, and vice versa. I also don't mind if somebody wants to post a rumor they've heard, regardless of how substantiated it is. I'll read it, and take it for what it's worth. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2m3w8erc said:
The fact that there are few limits as to what can be said on this board is a big reason why I post here. I like the jabs at my Huskies from Duck fans, and vice versa. I also don't mind if somebody wants to post a rumor they've heard, regardless of how substantiated it is. I'll read it, and take it for what it's worth. Just my opinion.

Exactly. This forum is the best part of .net and has been for years because we can talk crap to each other, make fun of each others teams, and nobody gets upset or pissed off about it because its all done good naturedly.