Value charts say

warden

Reaction score
Now I am by no way saying we should do this but the number 37 pick and the number 20 picks combined would be enough to grab the number 8 pick.

The endless possibilities.

Here is an example, QBs take the top four spots, we pick Anderson. Carter drops to the number 8 and we grab him too. The odds of this are very very low but it does remain a possibility. The wonders of having four picks in the first two rounds

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind but I don't know if Carter would get past Detroit at #6. Nice to dream a bit of possibilities.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
That cap hit tho
This could be a subtle hint of them intending to trade down to avoid such costs. Hopefully they keep the #5 then maybe trade back on the other 1st round pick. They are up against the cap wall and they know it. They mentioned they don’t like restructuring contracts (although they will probably do it if needed).

Jegpeg

Reaction score
That cap hit tho
Do trades (other than trading players / 2024 pick) have much impact on total Cap cost?
When I looked it up Pick #20 gets about $15m, Pick 37 gets about $10. Pick 8 gets about $23m giving you $2m for a UFA to fill the extra roster spot. Alter the deal to move the cap betwwen years but doesn't that aply whereever you pick them?

HawksNation

Reaction score
Now I am by no way saying we should do this but the number 37 pick and the number 20 picks combined would be enough to grab the number 8 pick.

The endless possibilities.

Here is an example, QBs take the top four spots, we pick Anderson. Carter drops to the number 8 and we grab him too. The odds of this are very very low but it does remain a possibility. The wonders of having four picks in the first two rounds
We would take the draft winner crown