Vikings, what happened?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":deezcpbv said:
1.They are still a relatively young team who lost several key players to injuries AND now we know there was friction among the coaching staff. They are now transitioning to a new OC.
2. Offensive line continues to lose players to injuries and will likely be reshuffled. Still the offense shows flashes with the few playmakers they have in Diggs, Patterson, Theilen and Rudolph. Adrian Peterson plans to return from IR in December which means center Kalil will remain on IR and out for the season.
3. Early in the season Bradford was passing on time and with anticipation now he is caught holding the ball too long trying to extend plays--not his strength.
4. Defense has the talent, size and speed to be dominant but lost players like Floyd, Rhodes and Kendricks to injuries for stretches of this season. Rhodes is often-injured but a physical run stopper at corner. He should be playing against Arizona and likely Kendricks too. Floyd is also due back soon.

With Harrispn Smith (ballhawking probowl safety), good stable of corners, big Linval Joseph plugging up the middle, Griffen flying around the end and the big speedy linebackers providing support this vikings team should still be problematic for Arizona's offense.
They are a streaky team bouyed by the stout defense BUT don't have enough talent on offense to make a playoff run.
Nice write-up:
In many ways, I see the Vikings following a similar building path as the Hawks ... say circa. 2012. They were in that nice period where they could build around an ascending QB still on his rookie contract ... but then that came crumbling down with the injury to Teddy. I also think a 1st and 4th was way too much of a price for Bradford, but I can see their reasoning as they had a shiny new stadium to unveil/sell to their fanbase and at that stage of the game, Bradford was likely their best option.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":34npedvq said:
Sam Bradford is what happened..The Vikes not anywhere near our level

Bradford has nothing to do with their struggles. He's actually played very well.

The Vikings OL may be worse than ours now. And they have a ton of injuries on the defensive side of the ball as well. This is a team that started 5-0 and may finish with 6 or 7 wins this year. Crazy.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Watching this game against the cards, their offense ran quite a few similar roll out plays that we've gone to with JFG

djb28

Reaction score
My father was complaining about losing their line to Injury. I told him to shut up. We play without a line every year!

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Back to back plays where Bradford's arm gets hit on a pass, first one ruled incomplete, second an obvious fumble. Arrians blows a challenge on first one then gets the ball on the very next play. It's hilarious.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mrt144":1hfx2y9a said:
Watching this game against the cards, their offense ran quite a few similar roll out plays that we've gone to with JFG
Shurmur likes Bradford's mobility on those roll outs. He's calling a good game so far. Sparking the offense with some different looks. Sam Bradford lined up as receiver twice, LOL.
It's a good thing Bradford isnt the finisher that vikings team needs to go deep in the playoffs.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I don't think it's Bradford. It's the Offensive Line, which is worse than any that the Seahawks have ever had. It's amazing that they could do anything with those clowns.

The big problem with Bradford is just that he doesn't have the ability that Russ Wilson has to make up for bad Oline play. And so this offense is just not very good. And, like our Defense sometimes, the Vikings D is breaking down from being on the field for too long.

Latest posts