Von Miller (arrest warrant issued)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Alleged assault of a woman in Dallas
(Apparently his live in girlfriend)
The initial report says that she is pregnant and that elevates the charge to a felony status.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You just never know. I was arrested for "felony domestic violence" because my coo-coo bird roommate panicked when I was going to throw her out of my apartment for letting her cat crap all over the carpet and not cleaning it up. I told her to get the F out (I was livid), she ran to her room and promptly called 911 claiming I threatened her life.

I did no such thing.

Still, the police arrived and believed this poor wittle cute blonde who was in tears. I was arrested and spent three days in King County Jail for a crime I never committed.

I am NOT saying Von is innocent (how would I know?), but that it is incredibly easy to be arrested for a crime you didn't commit.

I remember sitting in the pokey, absolutely freaked out, surrounded by REAL CRIMINALS. One of them listened to my plight and all he said was, "Well here you are, you might as well have clocked the B***."

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
not a good look...
Right

But I like to reserve judgement until we know the details.

Obviously assaulting anyone isn’t good and it being a woman makes it worse (IMO) but the media loves dirty laundry and typically sensationalizes stuff like this.
There is also the chance that the accuser has made a bigger deal out of it than it actually was, or possibly even lied about things.

I’ll simply be keeping an eye on the story as it plays out.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
You just never know. I was arrested for "felony domestic violence" because my coo-coo bird roommate panicked when I was going to throw her out of my apartment for letting her cat crap all over the carpet and not cleaning it up. I told her to get the F out (I was livid), she ran to her room and promptly called 911 claiming I threatened her life.

I did no such thing.

Still, the police arrived and believed this poor wittle cute blonde who was in tears. I was arrested and spent three days in King County Jail for a crime I never committed.

I am NOT saying Von is innocent (how would I know?), but that it is incredibly easy to be arrested for a crime you didn't commit.

I remember sitting in the pokey, absolutely freaked out, surrounded by REAL CRIMINALS. One of them listened to my plight and all he said was, "Well here you are, you might as well have clocked the B***."
sounds like an unlawful arrest lawsuit.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

I did no such thing.

Damn, Aros, sorry you had to go through that, that’s some serious BS! That’s ruining your life! I hope you were able to resolve what happened and nothing came about it afterwards! But damn, I can imagine, how that could have (if it did anyways) impact all phases of your life! Man, that really sucks! It’s women like that, that really makes men not trust women and have no desire to pursuit any kind of relationship even if it’s a roommate type deal. Man, that sucks! Hope you are in good shape now! And I hope that roommate is no longer living with you!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn, Aros, sorry you had to go through that, that’s some serious BS! That’s ruining your life! I hope you were able to resolve what happened and nothing came about it afterwards! But damn, I can imagine, how that could have (if it did anyways) impact all phases of your life! Man, that really sucks! It’s women like that, that really makes men not trust women and have no desire to pursuit any kind of relationship even if it’s a roommate type deal. Man, that sucks! Hope you are in good shape now! And I hope that roommate is no longer living with you!

Thanks man. No, this was 23 years ago. I have looooooooong moved on from her craziness. She's damn lucky I wasn't a psychopath. I knew where she worked. I could have made her life a living hell but I'm not wired that way. Besides, I enjoy my freedom, lol.

I'm a Scorpio and I do loves me some revenge but not at the cost of breaking the law.

To add insult to injury, she filed a restraining order against me and I was served at my work. If ever there was a time to go postal that would have been it. I arrived at the court and she of course never showed (coo coo bird) so the judge dismissed it on sight.

It cost my family $5,000 in lawyer fees when all was said and done. I remember the attorney said to me after all charges were dropped...

"I have a daughter close to your age. I always tell her it's not worth meeting new people. Keep your friends and family close, it's all you need."

Indeed. She was the last stranger I have ever invited into my life. Never again.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Thanks man. No, this was 23 years ago. I have looooooooong moved on from her craziness. She's damn lucky I wasn't a psychopath. I knew where she worked. I could have made her life a living hell but I'm not wired that way. Besides, I enjoy my freedom, lol.

I'm a Scorpio and I do loves me some revenge but not at the cost of breaking the law.

To add insult to injury, she filed a restraining order against me and I was served at my work. If ever there was a time to go postal that would have been it. I arrived at the court and she of course never showed (coo coo bird) so the judge dismissed it on sight.

It cost my family $5,000 in lawyer fees when all was said and done. I remember the attorney said to me after all charges were dropped...

"I have a daughter close to your age. I always tell her it's not worth meeting new people. Keep your friends and family close, it's all you need."

Indeed. She was the last stranger I have ever invited into my life. Never again.
Wow, man, that’s crazy!

Served papers at work too?! Man, how did you handle that??

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

I did no such thing.

I did nearly 30 days for slapping a washing machine lid, got stuck with a DV charge. Especially in WA, even the hint of possible violence, just slamming a door can get you convicted of DV.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I did nearly 30 days for slapping a washing machine lid, got stuck with a DV charge. Especially in WA, even the hint of possible violence, just slamming a door can get you convicted of DV.

30 days for slapping a washing machine lid?? There has to be more to the story here brother.

Not dismissing your story, just that I can't believe you would get 30 days for no physical evidence of hitting your partner.

RiverDog

Reaction score

I did no such thing.

Any time a domestic violence complaint is levied, someone goes to jail as a sort of cooling off period, and unless there's clear evidence to the contrary, it's always going to be the man. I don't necessarily like it, but that's the way it is. But 3 days? They must have had some sort of quota that needed to be satisfied in order to keep the clerks on the job.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They just told me it was a "72 hour of investigation" hold. Whatever. I felt I had no rights at all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score

I did no such thing.

That sucks, and it's a common trend even in this day and age. Men are just automatically assumed guilty AF when women claim ANY form of abuse.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's true. I was stripped of my rights the second the cops saw the petite, cute little blonde in tears. I was instantly the perp, even though she kicked me in the stomach (I showed them the mark) and I never laid a finger on her.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's true. I was stripped of my rights the second the cops saw the petite, cute little blonde in tears. I was instantly the perp, even though she kicked me in the stomach (I showed them the mark) and I never laid a finger on her.
And the ****ed thing is, all she'd have had to do to get you in REAL trouble is grab a knife, slash some part of her body with it, then run to the sink and start washing herself off with the knife in the sink to muddy up the lack of your fingerprints on it, and you'd probably have been successfully convicted of assault and thrown in jail.

WARNING: To any crazy chicks on .NET, this is NOT ADVICE OR A GUIDE!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dude, that sent shivers down my spine even reading your theoretical scenario. She SO could have done something like that because she WAS batshit crazy. Thank God she wasn't smart enough to think of that.

Word of advice for young men living alone in an apartment thinking it's a great idea to share the rent with a cute girl you know nothing about her history.

Don't. Do. It.

What I called "eccentric, artistic" early on to describe her, quickly became "psychotic, nutjob" within a couple months.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
These days all your guns would be taken too, and good luck getting them back, even after you are fully cleared of the false allegation. Red flag laws, what could go wrong?