Washington Post on Seahawks players' responses to the game

daveca5150

Reaction score
Sherman the villain, people love to hate him. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Michael Bennett's comment was pretty clever, bringing up a legitimate complaint about the number of penalties playing too much of a role in the game without sounding too much like whining. Reminds me of Holmgren after XL talking about having to 'play the team in the stripe jerseys too'.
[/size]

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ehh, so it's a washington hack who is being a sore loser. That's pretty pathetic, IMO.

That said (and I'll get crap for this, no doubt) I think sore winning is even more pathetic than sore losing.

For those that are irked by Sherman and some other Hawks players sometimes (and I'm not, really), I think his penchant for being a sore winner is what rubs wrong.

For instance, Sherman was too upset to comment after the Chargers game? That sounds fair. Well what if after the Chargers game Phillip Rivers went on a rant about how Sherman is garbage and doesn't even belong in the league? It's weird sore winning and a major jerk move.

What if after winning Eric Weddle went on a rant about how Seahawks fans should buy referee jerseys because Harvin getting a TD when he had a full foot out of bounds 30 yards out was the only reason the crappy Seahawks didn't get blown the heck out? That's weird sore winning and a major jerk move.

Of course segments of any fan base will love the swagger when players from their team do stuff like this and cry bloody murder if players from their opponents did the same thing, but as a neutral third party, I TOTALLY understand why sore winning irks people.

Edit: Just to be clear, it doesn't really irk me personally, as I don't get to worked up about perceived morality and immoratlity when it comes to game playing, and instead just find it kind of entertaining.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Did this fool forget DeAngello Hall, Pierre Garçon, and Trent Williams plays for the Redskins? Humble isn't even a word in their dictionary!

Oh well I don't blame this guy, I don't believe he's mad. He just has nothing interesting to write about covering that team.

ManBunts

Reaction score
You'd think the Post would have better things about their team to cover. Oh where to start:

- Your team name is blatantly racist and EVERYONE agrees on it except you
- Your field is so crappy it cost you your top player, perhaps permanently (let's face it, RG3 hasn't been the same). It cost us Clemons that game as well
- Your owner is so cheap he's selling old World Cup beer
http://deadspin.com/washington-keeps-se ... 1639512311

And at the end of the day, guess what, he DID pull Sherman's dreads, and there were some really really bad calls (Carp's "unnecessary roughness" penalty for instance) that cost us points, and thus momentum. It easily could have been 45-10.

Oh well, haters gonna hate. Next!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ManBunts":2ga66gh8 said:
- Your team name is blatantly racist and EVERYONE agrees on it except you

Speak for yourself, not EVERYONE; or take it to the shack.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Michael Bennett needs his own reality show. The guy is friggin' hilarious.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Richard mentions the crowd reacting that he was holding Garcon. He was probably actually hearing the vocal, predominantly Seahawk crowd complaining about Garcon pulling his hair and facemask.

Actually, I was a little disappointed that no one took the opportunity to rip that fat bastard Trent Williams.

But of course the writer completely ignor sSherm's nice comments about DeSean Jackson...

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
LawlessHawk":3rxedlz4 said:
But of course the writer completely ignor sSherm's nice comments about DeSean Jackson...

The writer was just butthurt that they lost and instead of delving into gametape, tersing apart reasons for the loss, and coming up with how the team improves, he decided to nitpick what the players said to highlight negative comments.

I don't have kids, but I wanted to give him a sippy cup and turn on Saturday morning cartoons tp calm him down.

byau

Reaction score
First Lynch loses a dread, then Sherman

Who's next?

:)

(I guess ET3 and Irvni technically lost theirs first)