We are Al Davis's Raiders

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3xpgdloy said:
getnasty":3xpgdloy said:
I agree we could have traded down once more to get him .

You willing to bet your house on that with fact someone asked to trade for him and the reports that the Browns had targetted him at 33?
Yep Browns, but I think the Pats would have grabbed him at 31.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
endzorn":18esv2nx said:
How many teams have a worse track record in the draft in the last five years? This is another illustration of how bad Schneider has become at the draft. We just drafted a rotational player for a roster riddled with holes. I don’t mind Penny, but I hate that Schneider and Carroll don’t give a damn about value anymore. This kid will have to be a far more productive player than the backs drafted tonight for this pick to make even remote sense.

They trade picks for veterans who aren’t worth their salt and when they do use picks they fall in love with one player and overdraft him. Ruskell hit on as many picks as Schneider has in the last five years. That’s the truth.
Don’t know where you get the “rotational” business from, Penny is a 3 down back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Al Davis' Raiders?

Really? The Hawks haven't picked early in the first round with a who pick ever.

I get you don't like the Penny pick and likely pan the trading down season after season too. However, I suspect your basis for the "pick value" of Penny is based upon some non head office draft "experts" who don't get fired if they get the pick wrong. Look at Penny's play in the Snr. Bowl, his record of last season, some film, his health, reported character, and combine results. This is a player that was criminally undervalued and one which likely fits our team better than you might be willing to acknowledge. Besides he doesn't have a lot of mileage on his wheels.

The more I see the more I like the pick. we all develop player blinkers and believe we understand their value but the team usually knows best how the player will fit in our scheme. Besides we don't have Coach Cable here to screw him up anymore.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ci570jt said:
endzorn":1ci570jt said:
How many teams have a worse track record in the draft in the last five years? This is another illustration of how bad Schneider has become at the draft. We just drafted a rotational player for a roster riddled with holes. I don’t mind Penny, but I hate that Schneider and Carroll don’t give a damn about value anymore. This kid will have to be a far more productive player than the backs drafted tonight for this pick to make even remote sense.

They trade picks for veterans who aren’t worth their salt and when they do use picks they fall in love with one player and overdraft him. Ruskell hit on as many picks as Schneider has in the last five years. That’s the truth.
Don’t know where you get the “rotational” business from, Penny is a 3 down back.

Not until he learns how to block. He's miserable in pass protection.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":blh6pjx5 said:
Sports Hernia":blh6pjx5 said:
endzorn":blh6pjx5 said:

One doesn't get a lot of practice when one is carrying the whole offense, ask Wilson how great his run production last year was, he failed miserably didn't even gain a 1000 yards as our best running back.

Yeah it's tough being perfect at everything when your asked to do almost everything at the same time.

razor150

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39jtfqj7 said:
Sports Hernia":39jtfqj7 said:
endzorn":39jtfqj7 said:

1 thing. He is also really good in the passing game, that will get him in on 3rd down. He'll be doing a lot less blocking than Graham was asked to do.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33y8hp2k said:
Sports Hernia":33y8hp2k said:
endzorn":33y8hp2k said:

So you know more than our head coach and GM? Noted.
They said in the presser he is a 3 down back.

toffee

Reaction score
Al Davis as head coach and general manager won multiple Super Bowls, until his health failed him. He was also the first owner to hire a black head coach.

His team was dominant for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
How many rookie RB's CAN pass block? Very few are actually good at it. Zeke was the last one that stands out to me...I'm sure there's more but my point is most college backs aren't asked to pass block.

It is very coachable, the guy seems dedicated to the game so he will learn, I have no doubts.

The whole "this analyst said he's a 2nd round pick" is utterly ridiculous. John and Pete had the pick of the bunch, they could have picked any single RB outside of Barkley and they chose Penny, that tells you a lot.

There was no wondering if a player already taken was 'their guy', their guy was quite clearly Rashaad Penny.

Latest posts