We Mailed It In.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I kind of disagree with this take, Aros.

The Hawks defensive effort was decent. Not great, but they had no help.

Aaron Donald wrecked plays, Lewis was freaked out by how quick he was getting Donalded. The offensive line was a bag of penalties. C-Mike was trying like hell, but had no blocking to follow. Russ was pressing, the OC forgot his left tackle and tight end were gone. I have given Bevell a lot of credit, but yesterday he called a bad game, it was like he was trying to get a backup DE from the Rams to the pro bowl.

It doesn't really bother me, the players that were most affected by all the shit show factors yesterday were all the players I don't want complacent, so hoping they got the memo. THe reality is this, Seattle has kind of been a better road team than home team this year, and yesterday was a reminder that this season has been part tough teams to play, part shooting self in foot.

And a loss next week won't bother me either. Healthy and pissed off is fine for the road warriors.

Think about how much it sucks to be a Steelers player or fan right now. Good enough to beat any team in the AFC, might not have a playoff game. I said a month ago I could see the Steelers being the 86 Seahawks part 2, and it looks very much like that for them right now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This game came down to a ton of mistakes and the offensive line being absolutely garbage. I was skeptical of the line play being much improved and think it had more to do with change in offensive play calling, RW getting the ball out quick and playing against average defensive lines. This unit played a terrible game. Luckily for Seattle they won't face a dominant line the rest of the way and I still think this team will be fine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I half agree.

The DEFENSE mailed it in. Too much dancing around pre-snap acting like they were about to make a play, and not enough actually making plays.

Offense? They were bad too, but that was more about stupid mistakes and the Rams front 7 bitch slapping us around for four quarters.

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":orhz34l6 said:
I half agree.

The DEFENSE mailed it in. Too much dancing around pre-snap acting like they were about to make a play, and not enough actually making plays.

Offense? They were bad too, but that was more about stupid mistakes and the Rams front 7 bitch slapping us around for four quarters.
Huh? The Rams had one scoring drive over 28 yards which was the drive where they fumbled twice and recovered both. Defense gave up 16 which should be more than enough to win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
nanomoz":yiaydat5 said:
I agree, but it doesnt make me feel any better.

If this team cant get up for a divisional game with playoff seeding implications against an opponent that beat you because of a similarly weak performance earlier in the same season . . . Well, I dont like what that says about he team.

A lack of focus and intensity in a game with pretty good reasons to be taken seriously can be a problem just like poor execution can be a problem.

This.

I have a problem with them not getting up for a divisional game, no matter the implications. We're doing nothing but giving the Rams confidence that they own us. It happened with the Niners too; they swept us a couple of years before they got good under Harbaugh, and they started to act like they were our big brother. I don't like giving divisional rivals that kind of confidence.

The other problem I have is that in our last two big runs to the SuperBowl, intensity and desire were never doubted, at least on the defensive side of the ball. We all act like the Seahawks can just "turn it on" when it's important, but this is a bad precedent to set, and there's no guarantee they just turn it on.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3bvkj4xv said:
I kind of disagree with this take, Aros.

The Hawks defensive effort was decent. Not great, but they had no help.

Aaron Donald wrecked plays, Lewis was freaked out by how quick he was getting Donalded. The offensive line was a bag of penalties. C-Mike was trying like hell, but had no blocking to follow. Russ was pressing, the OC forgot his left tackle and tight end were gone. I have given Bevell a lot of credit, but yesterday he called a bad game, it was like he was trying to get a backup DE from the Rams to the pro bowl.

It doesn't really bother me, the players that were most affected by all the shit show factors yesterday were all the players I don't want complacent, so hoping they got the memo. THe reality is this, Seattle has kind of been a better road team than home team this year, and yesterday was a reminder that this season has been part tough teams to play, part shooting self in foot.

And a loss next week won't bother me either. Healthy and pissed off is fine for the road warriors.

Think about how much it sucks to be a Steelers player or fan right now. Good enough to beat any team in the AFC, might not have a playoff game. I said a month ago I could see the Steelers being the 86 Seahawks part 2, and it looks very much like that for them right now.

And I agree with this. I think the Rams defensive line has our offensive line intimidated.

We were missing blocks like the guys just didn't want to make them. It's hard for me to understand how the OL looked so improved the last 5 weeks, then turned in another week 2 performance without it being something mental.

oregonhawkfan mentioned it could be the holidays. I can agree with that also, it's a good point. Less practice and more family times.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":k1rzm69y said:
Sgt. Largent":k1rzm69y said:
I half agree.

Huh? The Rams had one scoring drive over 28 yards which was the drive where they fumbled twice and recovered both. Defense gave up 16 which should be more than enough to win.

How many 3rd down conversions did they give up? No pressure whatsover on Keenum? Interception drops? Sherman getting burned for TD? Earl getting run over for 1st downs? Long drives? Inability to recover fumbles?

Sorry, the Rams have a TERRIBLE offense, and we made them look good, with a 3rd string QB.

At least the offense had an excuse, with how well the Ram's front 7 dominated our O-line. Defense should have put the hammer down yesterday on a bad offense, and didn't make ANY plays.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I think that the Hawks might be better off being the 6th seed. I have a feeling that they can beat any of the teams they would play in the Wild card round. If they are the 6th seed and win the WC game, they will probably play the Panthers in the divisional round. I would much rather face the Panthers than the Cards. We might even get lucky and the Cards lose a game before the NFCCG. If we can make it to the NFCCG, we may lose to the Cards, but at least we made it that far.

In yesterday's game, I think the Hawks were ambushed by a team that was trying to actually injure players. I've never seen a game with six concussions prior to yesterday. Gregg "Bountygate" Williams is a jerk. It looked ugly, and the Rams are the dirtiest team in the NFL. They injured 3 QQ's on dirty hits this year already (Big Ben, McCown, and Bridgewater), and it looked to me like they were trying to kill Russell. On his first run, he ducked between two oncoming helmets. Funny how both missed him and hit each other, both going out with concussions. And on his frst slide, Russell got hit late and hard...I know that the Hawks have had fewer penalties called on their opponents for the last 2 years straight, but they really need to call stuff like that when it comes to dirty teams like the Rams. The Rams are out of control, and someone is going to get serioulsy injured or killed, and it will be partially on the NFL and the refs.

Only players that know they'll be watching the playoffs from their couch would be willing to injure themselves just to inflict injury on others. I think that this onslaught affected every Seahawk player on that field, especially Russell. Given the wet conditions which Russell never does well in anyway, it was just too much for them. Having said that, they really did make too many mistakes, but again, that could have something to do with players simply hoping they make it out alive!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":311l3t2e said:
nanomoz":311l3t2e said:
Even if they mailed it in, it sucks to get swept by the friggin' Rams.

I'm with you there brother.
:13: They're like my number 3 most hated team behind Pissburgh and Dallas. That likely won't be the case once Coach Cheap Shot leaves though.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Willyeye":dqc08302 said:
I think that the Hawks might be better off being the 6th seed. I have a feeling that they can beat any of the teams they would play in the Wild card round. If they are the 6th seed and win the WC game, they will probably play the Panthers in the divisional round. I would much rather face the Panthers than the Cards. We might even get lucky and the Cards lose a game before the NFCCG. If we can make it to the NFCCG, we may lose to the Cards, but at least we made it that far.

In yesterday's game, I think the Hawks were ambushed by a team that was trying to actually injure players. I've never seen a game with six concussions prior to yesterday. Gregg "Bountygate" Williams is a jerk. It looked ugly, and the Rams are the dirtiest team in the NFL. They injured 3 QQ's on dirty hits this year already (Big Ben, McCown, and Bridgewater), and it looked to me like they were trying to kill Russell. On his first run, he ducked between two oncoming helmets. Funny how both missed him and hit each other, both going out with concussions. And on his frst slide, Russell got hit late and hard...I know that the Hawks have had fewer penalties called on their opponents for the last 2 years straight, but they really need to call stuff like that when it comes to dirty teams like the Rams. The Rams are out of control, and someone is going to get serioulsy injured or killed, and it will be partially on the NFL and the refs.

Only players that know they'll be watching the playoffs from their couch would be willing to injure themselves just to inflict injury on others. I think that this onslaught affected every Seahawk player on that field, especially Russell. Given the wet conditions which Russell never does well in anyway, it was just too much for them. Having said that, they really did make too many mistakes, but again, that could have something to do with players simply hoping they make it out alive!

If we do make it to the NFCCG that would be 3 in a row...and less than a minute in Atl to being 4 in a row....

hawkfannj

Reaction score
nanomoz":2qk7o0la said:
Even if they mailed it in, it sucks to get swept by the friggin' Rams.
Usually I would give a crap . But I heard the Rams were practicing their golf swings today .Still pathetic bottom dwellers even if they beat us twice. sucks they can't beat anyone else .we are their super bowl and that's pathetic in its own right ! Cause they sure ain't ours. Dig on that ! Bigger picture here is you still suck Rams and that's a fact . They are dirty down to the punter who is in fact coached to be a douch believe that !

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Wow.

This, from an average poster, would get you flogged.

The Rams kicked our ass. Deal with it. Ghesh.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nbk35zw":1xycp8y7 said:
Wow.

You know, I've been reading your posts from this past evening and you could spend a little less time telling us how to feel and post and spend a little more time actually being constructive and bringing something with substance to the table.

More substance, less critiquing fellow fans. The latter gets you nowhere fast around here.

Just sayin'. :1:

mort

Reaction score
I'd just like to be reassured they do t have our number going forward. That said, eyes on the prize. Someone said it earlier but Pete is wicked cagy going preseason-esque in showing his hand in season garbage time.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nanomoz":i1qt99ww said:
I agree, but it doesnt make me feel any better.

If this team cant get up for a divisional game with playoff seeding implications against an opponent that beat you because of a similarly weak performance earlier in the same season . . . Well, I dont like what that says about he team.

A lack of focus and intensity in a game with pretty good reasons to be taken seriously can be a problem just like poor execution can be a problem.

So many things seem different about this team's Defense. Players like Kam and Earl used to get this team playing with an edge about them. This year, for whatever reasons, Earl is not playing like the Earl we know, and Kam seems to have backed off a notch as well. That's not how you win the closely contested battles. I have a feeling Earl's still wearing the shoulder brace, but Kam doesn't seem to have an excuse, other than his whiney-little-girl issues with salary. Hopefully a light comes on for the post season. This late-season Rams game should have been the yearly slugfest it has always been, with them running out of steam and cheap shots in the second half, and us just playing better football for longer than them.

Oh well, strange year for sure! About the point of the season where the D came together last year, we see the offense takeoff instead, and the D sort of remain the same, IMO. The numbers have improved because the O is actually scoring points and sustaining drives now, but the D itself really isn't scaring people anymore.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2eahc8kw said:
So many things seem different about this team's Defense. Players like Kam and Earl used to get this team playing with an edge about them. This year, for whatever reasons, Earl is not playing like the Earl we know, and Kam seems to have backed off a notch as well. That's not how you win the closely contested battles. I have a feeling Earl's still wearing the shoulder brace, but Kam doesn't seem to have an excuse, other than his whiney-little-girl issues with salary. Hopefully a light comes on for the post season. This late-season Rams game should have been the yearly slugfest it has always been, with them running out of steam and cheap shots in the second half, and us just playing better football for longer than them.

Oh well, strange year for sure! About the point of the season where the D came together last year, we see the offense takeoff instead, and the D sort of remain the same, IMO. The numbers have improved because the O is actually scoring points and sustaining drives now, but the D itself really isn't scaring people anymore.

I agree with everything you said.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Aros":6zmgf4jn said:
nbk35zw":6zmgf4jn said:
Wow.

You know, I've been reading your posts from this past evening and you could spend a little less time telling us how to feel and post and spend a little more time actually being constructive and bringing something with substance to the table.

More substance, less critiquing fellow fans. The latter gets you nowhere fast around here.

Just sayin'. :1:

My good sir, would your assessment of "mailing it in" also not be one of emotion. Are you not telling me what happened based on how you feel?

Pardon me for following your lead by sharing subjectivity with emotion.

Latest posts