We Will Not Win Another SB Under Pete

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I look at the team and see an undisciplined, unprepared, poorly coached, predictable, group of players that run on a leash thats a mile long. The philosophy is stale and lazy and needs a reboot. I know Pete brought us a SB a few years ago and I am forever grateful for that, but unfortunately this is a 'what have you done for me lately' league. Last season was the first time I felt like the magic was gone and the team didnt have a chance of winning some games at certain points and its gotten worse. Yes the Oline is horrible, but thats just one area in a myriad of issues. People were claiming 12 to 14 wins before the season started and that was a pipe dream. I predicted 10 and this team will be hard pressed to achieve even that.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Pete is another Rex Ryan. A player's coach who now has a completely undisciplined team.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":26ymabte said:
I look at the team and see an undisciplined, unprepared, poorly coached, predictable, group of players that run on a leash thats a mile long. The philosophy is stale and lazy and needs a reboot. I know Pete brought us a SB a few years ago and I am forever grateful for that, but unfortunately this is a 'what have you done for me lately' league. Last season was the first time I felt like the magic was gone and the team didnt have a chance of winning some games at certain points and its gotten worse. Yes the Oline is horrible, but thats just one area in a myriad of issues. People were claiming 12 to 14 wins before the season started and that was a pipe dream. I predicted 10 and this team will be hard pressed to achieve even that.

I agree with much of this but not all. I would like to add they are obviously poorly conditioned. Yes the weather was hot as hell, but that was for both teams, and by early 3rd quarter our defense was literally spent. Age is catching up with the D, and it will only get worse. We gave up 21 points in 6 minutes of 3rd Q....PATHETIC!!! :pukeface:

Pete comes with Cable and Bevell, and since they are a package, he has to step down at the end of this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qa7bk0y said:
It's going to be a long season.

...because of posts like this.

Correction: It will be a long season because of the reasons behind posts like this.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1344cpzu said:
This place has gotten pathetic... Bunch of entitled crybabies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wanting to hold piss poor execution accountable is entitled? There's a first for everything.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I completely agree.
I'd love to see an angry PC; that would show us that he cares and that he recognizes that something's not working so they can fix it. I mean, recognize bigger, base problems. Instead it's always the same hiper-positive BS.
This team is now one of the most unwatchable teams in the NFL. I really feel embarrased about them and normally close the Game Pass after the first quarter because I can't really bear watching them sucking like that week after week. I understand the frustration of Sherman realizing how this window is closing (I think it's closed) because of the coach/FO current incompetence.

rogerwilliambruce

Reaction score
I have watched as a fan and when we had one our first superbowl everyone was drinking the koolaid, but when pete did not give the ball to marshaun he threw the fans and the team under the bus. Pete has demostrated really bad end zone judgement ever since then. We do not need new OC, we need pete to get out of the way. Pete always interferes with Offensive plays and Defensive plays. We know from too many failures of peteball that the team is not behind him. He has grown very fearful and avoids risk most of the time. Instaed of big balls he should be called no balls pete. We should have fired Pete back in 2015.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yep.

It is a bummer to see all the concerns we had back in 2017 still would not let us escape them.

It was clear as day but still completely unavoidable.

endzorn

Reaction score
If I’m Pete I mortgage the future. Turn all but $2m of Wilson’s salary into a signing bonus so free agents know he isn’t going anywhere, then extend Lockett, then start bringing in offensive reinforcements from free agency. Take these next two years to swing hard as hell for the fences. In two years you’ll be at Wilson’s final season of his deal and then I start talking trades. Go for it all these next two seasons and then set the team up for the future as you ride into the sunset.

Latest posts