We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":n2wsjvzw said:
Hawk-Lock":n2wsjvzw said:
cymatica":n2wsjvzw said:
Hawk-Lock":n2wsjvzw said:
I get your sarcasm that they aren’t the best, but trust me, I’ll take their word over a fan on a Seahawk forum.

So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.

That wasn't the point. You stated the officials know more than the guy on his couch. Well there are plenty of guys on the couch and in the stadium that see how bad some of these calls are, frequently the officials throw a flag because they think a penalty had to have happened when it didn't. I don't think any guy on the couch would have whistled Wilson down on that fake sack and almost everyone would have called a foul when 3 guys hit him on a slide. The reviews in New York have made some mistakes as well, overturning calls with insufficient evidence or vis versa.

People on here generally don't act like they know more about the rulebook, they just recognize how bad the games are officiated and like to vent because it happens almost every game.
And ^ another guy that gets it ^ :vodka:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":38mhz1hp said:
cymatica":38mhz1hp said:
Hawk-Lock":38mhz1hp said:
cymatica":38mhz1hp said:
So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.

That wasn't the point. You stated the officials know more than the guy on his couch. Well there are plenty of guys on the couch and in the stadium that see how bad some of these calls are, frequently the officials throw a flag because they think a penalty had to have happened when it didn't. I don't think any guy on the couch would have whistled Wilson down on that fake sack and almost everyone would have called a foul when 3 guys hit him on a slide. The reviews in New York have made some mistakes as well, overturning calls with insufficient evidence or vis versa.

People on here generally don't act like they know more about the rulebook, they just recognize how bad the games are officiated and like to vent because it happens almost every game.

Notice you had no response to the picture that was posted clearly showing DK lost possession.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":31o7m5yp said:
scutterhawk":31o7m5yp said:
cymatica":31o7m5yp said:
Hawk-Lock":31o7m5yp said:

Notice you had no response to the picture that was posted clearly showing DK lost possession.
Only thing I notice, is that you're still not paying attention, HE NEVER LOST CONTACT WITH THE BALL!!! LOOK at your photo...DO YOU NOT SEE where DK STILL HAS CONTACT with his forearm, then gets his hand back on the ball BEFORE going across the GOAL LINE?????
There was an ASSUMPTION by the Refs that because Tartt had two hands on the ball, that Metcalf had lost contact.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2vreu66q said:
HawkStrong":2vreu66q said:
scutterhawk":2vreu66q said:
cymatica":2vreu66q said:

Only thing I notice, is that you're still not paying attention, HE NEVER LOST CONTACT WITH THE BALL!!! LOOK at your photo...DO YOU NOT SEE where DK STILL HAS CONTACT with his forearm, then gets his hand back on the ball BEFORE going across the GOAL LINE?????
There was an ASSUMPTION by the Refs that because Tartt had two hands on the ball, that Metcalf had lost contact.

Please state in the rules where it says contact with the forearm denotes possession. Similar to the out of bounds player, you are arguing points that have no basis in reality.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":r0w73838 said:
scutterhawk":r0w73838 said:
HawkStrong":r0w73838 said:
scutterhawk":r0w73838 said:

Please state in the rules where it says contact with the forearm denotes possession. Similar to the out of bounds player, you are arguing points that have no basis in reality.
I'll ask you to post from the rules book that "denotes" otherwise, if you can show me this, I'll concede.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":ncyfdaj0 said:
HawkStrong":ncyfdaj0 said:
scutterhawk":ncyfdaj0 said:
HawkStrong":ncyfdaj0 said:

I'll ask you to post from the rules book that "denotes" otherwise, if you can show me this, I'll concede.

By the NFL rulebook, a fumble is defined as: "A fumble is any act, other than a pass or kick, which results in a loss of player possession."

Possession is defined as: "A player is in possession when he is in firm grip and control of the ball inbounds."

No where in the rules does it state merely having contact with the ball maintains possession. We can see in the video replay and still image that DK does not maintain a firm grip on the ball.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
rcaido":3ycq8al5 said:
Anybody know what was the ballboy's problem. During the play, it was called a 1st down and down at the 2 for the SEahawks. He wouldn't give the ball to the refs delaying the next play.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FykXrls?nid=885666211

He might have the K balls? Also could have been due to the confusion as to which team has possession? Each team uses their own set of balls.

rcaido

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3pgvn873 said:
rcaido":3pgvn873 said:
Anybody know what was the ballboy's problem. During the play, it was called a 1st down and down at the 2 for the SEahawks. He wouldn't give the ball to the refs delaying the next play.

He might have the K balls? Also could have been due to the confusion as to which team has possession? Each team uses their own set of balls.

I just dont understand how a ballboy would deny two refs screaming for the football. It was just odd. Can you imagine if it was only a few second left of play and the offense was trying to hurry up.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
rcaido":1426hnv4 said:
HawkStrong":1426hnv4 said:
rcaido":1426hnv4 said:

I just dont understand how a ballboy would deny two refs screaming for the football. It was just odd. Can you imagine if it was only a few second left of play and the offense was trying to hurry up.

That is SF's sideline, there was obviously confusion as to who had possession at that point. Ref was signalling the runner was down, so ball boy probably realized he shouldn't give him the ball until it was signalled SF ball. Just a guess, no way to know from the video.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":4rizck4k said:
HawkStrong":4rizck4k said:
scutterhawk":4rizck4k said:
HawkStrong":4rizck4k said:

No response?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3j1a7whs said:
HawkStrong":3j1a7whs said:
scutterhawk":3j1a7whs said:
HawkStrong":3j1a7whs said:

What color is the sky in your world?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":gp7cext9 said:
scutterhawk":gp7cext9 said:
HawkStrong":gp7cext9 said:
scutterhawk":gp7cext9 said:

No response?
I was ready to just let you blather, but, it's obvious that you can't just leave shit alone, & I don't do well with 'Cocky. It's entirely possible to lose grasp on the ball, and re establish JUST AS DK DID, and because neither player was down, the ball was still live...….There's an old phrase you should learn...."Till Hell Freezes Over"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":x1msog4n said:
scutterhawk":x1msog4n said:
HawkStrong":x1msog4n said:
scutterhawk":x1msog4n said:

What color is the sky in your world?
Are you HawkStrong's Lap Dog? :lol:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":34hcxw0t said:
HawkStrong":34hcxw0t said:
scutterhawk":34hcxw0t said:
HawkStrong":34hcxw0t said:

No response?
I was ready to just let you blather, but, it's obvious that you can't just leave $h!t alone, & I don't do well with 'Cocky. It's entirely possible to lose grasp on the ball, and re establish JUST AS DK DID, and because neither player was down, the ball was still live...….There's an old phrase you should learn...."Till Hell Freezes Over"

I take it you've just been trolling because there's no way this could be a serious response.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No I think the thread should remain open here, there is a fair discussion ongoing here and the rules issue and lame refereeing is in fact Seahawks related b/c the Hawks are penalized a lot for subjective rule interpretations.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":374a9pl0 said:
scutterhawk":374a9pl0 said:
HawkStrong":374a9pl0 said:
scutterhawk":374a9pl0 said:

No response?
I was ready to just let you blather, but, it's obvious that you can't just leave $h!t alone, & I don't do well with 'Cocky. It's entirely possible to lose grasp on the ball, and re establish JUST AS DK DID, and because neither player was down, the ball was still live...….There's an old phrase you should learn...."Till Hell Freezes Over"

I take it you've just been trolling because there's no way this could be a serious response.
It's too late for either you or Hawkstrong to apologize, though I've been known to accept bribes.
Look, if you don't like my opinion on this matter, you & HawkStrong are welcome to stick with your own.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":i7bedkcn said:
Hockey Guy":i7bedkcn said:
scutterhawk":i7bedkcn said:
HawkStrong":i7bedkcn said:
No response?

It's too late for either you or Hawkstrong to apologize, though I've been known to accept bribes.
Look, if you don't like my opinion on this matter, you & HawkStrong are welcome to stick with your own.

I am sticking with the facts. You are sticking with an opinion not based in reality. Cheers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3l4bxvnu said:
scutterhawk":3l4bxvnu said:
Hockey Guy":3l4bxvnu said:
scutterhawk":3l4bxvnu said:

I am sticking with the facts. You are sticking with an opinion not based in reality. Cheers.
There were SEVERAL calls that were wrong >FACTUALLY<...I've seen Bang-Bang plays, where the calls went CONTRARY to the NFL Rules, and games lost because of interpretational error, and so have you.
"FACT" -- > That play in particular (open to interpretation), could have also gone the other way.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":19miopt3 said:
HawkStrong":19miopt3 said:
scutterhawk":19miopt3 said:
Hockey Guy":19miopt3 said:

There were SEVERAL calls that were wrong >FACTUALLY<...I've seen Bang-Bang plays, where the calls went CONTRARY to the NFL Rules, and games lost because of interpretational error, and so have you.
"FACT" -- > That play in particular (open to interpretation), could have also gone the other way.

I don't disagree with what you are saying in principle. We have more than enough evidence to see this was ruled correctly, even though you don't like it. If the teams were reversed, I am sure you would it that way.