Week 17 SNF Flexed Out

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I looked here and on line but can't find the answer.

Does anyone know when the "Flex SNF" must be announced by if they are indeed going to flex a game into it?

I thought it had to be done 10 or more days in advance to give people time to change travel schedules.

Currently there is no game scheduled for Week 17 for SNF.

If everything goes as planned, the NFC West Title and major NFC Playoff Seeding will on the line in that game so I don't see how any other game would be considered unless FOX has the right to deny it but since there is NO game scheduled yet I assume they get the game they want, period.

Thanks in advance for any of your responses.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

Polaris

Reaction score
I believe the Week 17 flex is announced this coming Monday.

Fade

Reaction score
It is decided after the week 16 games are played (Monday or Tuesday, somewhere in there).

80-90% chance it is the 49ers @ Seahawks.

The only other candidates are PIT and BAL, or TEN and HOU.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The rules state that it must be decided 6 days before the week 17 games. That means they must decide by Monday. What time Monday I have no idea. With that said, that doesn't mean they can't decide sooner, it just means they can't decide later. It's not impossible to see a decision announced during SNF on Sunday. That would be an efficient time to announce it unless they really want to see the Monday results first, although I don't think they need to see that one first. IMO the decision should be a simple one.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":y0gum6e6 said:
The rules state that it must be decided 6 days before the week 17 games. That means they must decide by Monday. What time Monday I have no idea. With that said, that doesn't mean they can't decide sooner, it just means they can't decide later. It's not impossible to see a decision announced during SNF on Sunday. That would be an efficient time to announce it unless they really want to see the Monday results first, although I don't think they need to see that one first. IMO the decision should be a simple one.
I think one would expect it to be announced before close of business, so around 4/5 pm EST.

JonRud

Reaction score
the only way I see it not being 49ers vs. Seahawks is if somehow the Ten vs. Hou game is a winner takes the South, loser is out of the playoffs. I'm not sure what has to happen for this scenario to occur (of if this is even possible exiting Week 16).

seems very unlikely it won't be 49ers vs. Seahawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":2abagdkm said:
Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I remember them announcing the week 17 matchup during the week 16 SNF game as you suggested could happen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1px9ut7g said:
I don't think there is a Sunday Night Game for week 17.
That's my belief as well. The rationale is they don't want division titles and seeding determined hours before a team has a chance to play their last game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There will be a sunday night game. The amount of revenue from that game will not be lost because they have no game to put there. All the seedings will not be completed, and they will fit one in. It is all about the money.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":237erer5 said:

Seems like this would be an easy thing to google and see that there is indeed a game sunday night week 17

HawkStrong

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":33nbte69 said:

They don't have it listed on the NFL schedule, but only because they haven't flexed a game yet.

kidhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":109tiry2 said:
TorontoHawk":109tiry2 said:
That's my belief as well. The rationale is they don't want division titles and seeding determined hours before a team has a chance to play their last game.

They don’t have MNF on week 17 but they do have SNF. They make up for the Monday night by adding the double header week 1

Largent80

Reaction score
Man I hope they dont move the game time. I'm tired of games starting at 7 at night for me. It sucks.

OP
OP
12HawkFan

12HawkFan

Reaction score
When trying to find the answer to this question I found that the NFL DID NOT schedule a SNF for week 17 up front and has the ability to flex any game they want to the SNF time-slot, no network protections available like with all other weeks of the season.

They want the absolute best game available for max ratings as it is all about the money from ad time.

My money is the Hawk-49er game will be the one unless there is big time crazy upsets, or injuries to key players this weekend.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

jmahon316

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1208824803899170823[/tweet]

Flexed

Jville

Reaction score
EMacAaSVAAA00XP[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1208829420384878592[/tweet]