Went to game yesterday - Section 149 / Row 21 / Seat 7

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Since I live in Connecticut and have been a lifelong Seahawk fan and having the SB right down the street (well 1 1/2 hour drive away) it was a no brainer that after Sherman tipped that ball to Smith (and Warren Moon made the greatest screech sound ever). I was going to the SB.
I watched tickets for the last 2 weeks. I wanted to sit lower level (my wife did not get in the way of pricing) and in the Hawks endzone. I surmised from pictures the sections I wanted were 149, 148, 146. Last Friday a pair of tickets came up at 200 over face value. I was very busy at work and had to take care of some issues. By the time I got back to my computer they were gone. I spent the next 48 hours looking at prices that were going up and kicking myself for not taking those Friday tickets.
So we charge all our electrical devices Saturday night without tickets or a parking plan but knowing we are going. I get up in the middle of the night and check prices. No change. I check Sunday morning. No change. I call Stubhub to see if I can negotiate. Since prices are changing every second the guy on the phone gets me 2 tickets in section 149 (lower than what was listed on computer) I also buy a parking pass and we are off to the game.
I'm driving there in a haze...wait a second I'm driving to THE GAME with Hawk playing in it. We get there and I pick up the tickets. I look at them and am floored. These are SB tickets just like I've always seen. I've heard about them. Read about them. Seen pictures of them. But I was holding MY SB tickets. NOTE - when I figure out how to put a picture next to my sig name it will be a pic of my tickets.

In the spirit of Mr. Kearly my Random Observations:
1.) I thought the Orange turnout was fairly decent. But later I learned a lot of them were Giants or Jets fans. The guy next to me. Brand new Orange 18 jersey but wearing a Jets jacket over it? Also when they honored the 2014 HOF inductees (Way to go Walter) for Strahan it was louder than the Walter Jones noise. I noticed many of the noise makers dressed in Orange. Must be Giants fans dressed in Orange.
2.) I have never been to Qwest/Century Link. I have never been able to attend a game with Seahawks painted in the endzone. It gave me chills and pride to sit right in front of it.
2.) We watched all pregame warmups from the front row. Hawks were out there early and stayed late. I was focused on Hawk. I never really heard the orange fans raise their voices in the pre pad wamups. Did 18 even go out there for them? Russ was out there. I had to ask my son if he saw orange 18 and he didn't know.
3.) For the pads/jerseys warmup Denver left the field with 2 or 3 minutes left of practice time. Hawk stayed out until about 30 seconds to go. I wasn't sure if them staying out there until the last second was nerves or focus. I do remember saying it will be nice if this is how the game ends with Hawk being the last team on the field.
4.) During pregame throws I thought TJ looked spot on (leading receivers nicely) where RW's throws were slightly a little back towards the body (not leading the receivers that much). When I say slightly I mean maybe a 3-6 inch window difference. He did throw nice fades to corner of endzone and 1 or 2 nice deep sideline throws. When he missed that opening throw to Miller I was very surprised. He seemed pretty to very accurate in pregame.
5.) Although it's not supposed to be like a regular game it kind of felt like it. I went to the playoff game at Fed ex last year. Yes there was more pomp and circumstance this time but the aura felt the same. They were here to get it done.
6.) Very nice version of National Anthem. Beautifully sung. Nice flyover.
7.) I don't like pop music (I grew up on metal and hard rock and drummed along to Sad But True intro) but (and I don't know if it was the 22-0 high) I thought half time rocked. I was into it. Actually since I have such good memories those 3 Bruno Mars songs will be purchased for my player. Just BTW - It takes a celestial shift for me to buy pop music.
8.) After the halftime show it is a little bit like...woah...wait a second we still have 30 minutes of football left...back to work.
9.) I kept waiting and waiting for the stress of either 15-7 or 22 - 7 but it never happened. I almost feel a little guilty not having that stress.
10.) For anyone in our section my son got a stomach virus or something and started throwing up in the 4th quarter. then during post game celebration (after MVP was awarded) he puked on me and some of our stuff (ride home was not fun). It was time to leave then (I wish I could have stayed all night).
11.) For a Northeast outdoor venue the weather was perfect. It is snowing here today (3-6 inches) so a day later would have been a logistical nightmare for the league.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Awesome story, sounds like you had a great time as you would expect for any 12 in attendance. If you took some pics please share!

OP
OP
cgfcgf

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Let me see what I can do about pics. I have a lot of work to catch up on as I played hookey today (I got home at 1:30 a.m. and started drinking and watched the game from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.).

I'll also be watching again tonight as I eat dinner.