Were all of us rubes?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore. I say we dip our hands in green and blue ink and cut off a finger and send it to Goodell. One a day from all the twelves! After a week he'll have so many piled up he'll have to do something. Like make a commemorative box to store them. Oooh, I'm gonna want one of those. 12 fingers in each box! Just the rumor that one of them is Pehawk's is gonna make it worth something on ebay someday.

After several weeks he'll have to meat our demands. What are our demands?

After a few weeks we can get t-shirts that say, "I can't pick my nose."

SC

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
When we win again in February what are they going to do then? They gave us the worst possible schedule, they changed the rules on us just like Pittsburgh back in the day. I figure the best revenge is to just win baby!!!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
For the record, I'm not saying anything could or should've been done. Just wanted to see if anyone else fell for it, like me, aka dummy.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
It's annoying, especially with loser teams like the Redskins being given more attention, but what can anyone on here do about it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3izmibie said:
When we win again in February what are they going to do then? They gave us the worst possible schedule, they changed the rules on us just like Pittsburgh back in the day. I figure the best revenge is to just win baby!!!

I'm actually not taking the schedule too personally. We had more 10 am EST starts last year. It looks like the NFL wanted the NFC West to duke it out the last part of the season, as all of our division rivals are playing each other late. Ask AZ in a week if they feel the schedule was favorable after drawing a Rams team that looks to be really gaining steam.

Then again, if we had lost out the end of the season and missed the playoffs, I'll bitch about the schedule. Hey, I'm still a fan !

As for Pe's rube comment: I never really thought we'd get extra primetime games. Once we weren't the Cinderella anymore it was over. The NFL doesn't want teams travelling all the way to Seattle for late prime time games. Because, well, that's just unfair, right ?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawks46":7dtrpvsg said:
MizzouHawkGal":7dtrpvsg said:

I'm actually not taking the schedule too personally. We had more 10 am EST starts last year. It looks like the NFL wanted the NFC West to duke it out the last part of the season, as all of our division rivals are playing each other late. Ask AZ in a week if they feel the schedule was favorable after drawing a Rams team that looks to be really gaining steam.

Then again, if we had lost out the end of the season and missed the playoffs, I'll bitch about the schedule. Hey, I'm still a fan !

As for Pe's rube comment: I never really thought we'd get extra primetime games. Once we weren't the Cinderella anymore it was over. The NFL doesn't want teams travelling all the way to Seattle for late prime time games. Because, well, that's just unfair, right ?
I agree about the schedule I'm fine with whatever primetime games we get because we have a history of playing well in them no matter the location. It's the excessive 10am games that get me and this year we didn't have an unfair amount.

As the the rube's thing? I suppose it's just as fair to play primetime games in Seattle as in Kansas City, Green Bay, New England, Denver, or Baltimore to name a few....

StoneCold

Reaction score
This is a joke thread. right? The NFL didn't feed us that line. We made it up when we saw the schedule and started crying.

SC

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3jvdmgv8 said:
This is a joke thread. right? The NFL didn't feed us that line. We made it up when we saw the schedule and started crying.

SC

No, they fed us that reasoning. That home primetime games for the Seahawks make bad television.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2zx1vm72 said:
Pretty sure that's line we came up with. Can you link the memo?

SC

No I cant. It was all over sports radio and this board. Sorry your memory is fried.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I understand hometown people like to have some prime time games at home, but on the flip side, this team plays SO GREAT on prime time, that I rather like getting our away games scheduled for that slot. IMO it is probably worth an extra win per season

StoneCold

Reaction score
pehawk":10ifkmht said:
StoneCold":10ifkmht said:
Pretty sure that's line we came up with. Can you link the memo?

SC

No I cant. It was all over sports radio and this board. Sorry your memory is fried.

Article that started it all is linked above. As I skimmed a few others they all reference that article. While I was wrong about who started it still seems like weak sauce to me.

SC

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":1zn7dgac said:
I understand hometown people like to have some prime time games at home, but on the flip side, this team plays SO GREAT on prime time, that I rather like getting our away games scheduled for that slot. IMO it is probably worth an extra win per season
I love it because it removes the chance that we get 10am games. Nationally everybody thinks we just win because of our homefield advantage and have no clue that we have a history of doing well in any primetime game (beyond TNF but that's a whole other issue, no road team does well in those games historically).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's all about the Benjamins.

The Hawks are certainly gaining nationwide fans as a high rate, but they're nowhere near the national fanbases of the other "rube" teams you mentioned like the Packers and Pats.

Ratings are high for Packers and Patriots home primetime games, no matter the score of the games. Therefore the league is more likely to give them home primetime games even if they regularly blow teams out at home.

On the flip side, ratings do drop off for Hawk home primetime games when we're blowing teams out. Because we don't have that national following that keeps TV's on in Boston, Miami and NY when the score's 24-3 at halftime.

Rubes? No. Ratings? Yes.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Get back to the shack where you belong man-boy!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":8vrq8sg3 said:
It's annoying, especially with loser teams like the Redskins being given more attention, but what can anyone on here do about it?
Saint Rog has a hard on for his "legacy teams", that's why he is pushing so hard to expand the playoffs, as he wants to pretty much guarantee *allas and Pissburgh are in every year despite them being mediocre at best. He wants the big fanbases involved in the postseason and if he has to give them a little or a lot of help in the process so be it. He'd be better off letting the game stand on its on merits than to always tinker with shit like he always does.

IMHO the current playoff system works very well, outside of a team with a losing record hosting a playoff game, but I can see the other side of that argument as well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":1pov346o said:
Were all of us rubes when the NFL fed us that line of shite that they were "too fearful of blowouts" to schedule primetime games in Seattle? Were we all too giddy and too busy sniff each others privates to realize, that same rule wouldn't apply to; GB, Denver, Pats, Giants, Jets?

We're dumb.

There's two types of people in this world; (Jon) carnies and rubes. All of us, each of us "12's" are kind of rubes. We bought that hook, line and sinker. Hopefully Paul Allen reminds the owners he could buy and sell all of them next offseason.. Because, this is just sickening.

XOXO

Michael Frier's Clean Shoe Soles
Don't count me in on this, I've said all along Saint Rog has no problem with his "legacy teams" blowing teams out.
He doesn't consider Seattle one of those on his special little list yet, maybe if we win it all again that will change, but who knows. He should embrace Seattle as the new "bad guys" of the NFL and run with it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":3t18vngm said:

I agree. Good thing that the next road game is a prime time game against the Cards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1txbji0v said:
It's all about the Benjamins.

The Hawks are certainly gaining nationwide fans as a high rate, but they're nowhere near the national fanbases of the other "rube" teams you mentioned like the Packers and Pats.

Ratings are high for Packers and Patriots home primetime games, no matter the score of the games. Therefore the league is more likely to give them home primetime games even if they regularly blow teams out at home.

On the flip side, ratings do drop off for Hawk home primetime games when we're blowing teams out. Because we don't have that national following that keeps TV's on in Boston, Miami and NY when the score's 24-3 at halftime.

Rubes? No. Ratings? Yes.

Also the Bears and the Cowboys could be included. The Bears are awful this season and they weren't all that good last year but have been on prime time a lot.