Were the commentators for the game as bad as I thought?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3jeeyn1r said:
Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

Yes and to add to this....our Giants game is scheduled on CBS as well as the Texans (which is normally CBS anyway), so that'll make 3 straight weeks on CBS.

I'm concerned about the Giants game, because the other CBS game is Broncos/Chargers and two west coast teams might push the Seahawks/Giants out of my market. FOX in my area would have definitely aired it as they consider themselves a Seahawks channel, but the local CBS does not, so it's hit and miss. I'll definitely be awaiting the 506 maps for next week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I actually think Spero Dedes is one of the best announcers in the game right now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":2gpf8qb9 said:
Aros":2gpf8qb9 said:

Yes and to add to this....our Giants game is scheduled on CBS as well as the Texans (which is normally CBS anyway), so that'll make 3 straight weeks on CBS.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yep, I did.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I always mute the TV and listen to the KIRO radio broadcast on ear buds. I find it a major advantage to know what plays are coming, and what to watch for, this is because there is normally a 5-10 broadcast delay on the TV. There are few, if any NFL broadcasters anywhere near as good as Rabs & Moon at calling Seahawks games. IMO-The majority of NFL broadcasters are pretty darn poor, at best, in describing live game action + individual team and player bias is often an ongoing concern. Some of them talking heads need to meet the chopping block due to their overall complete incompetence.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hawkpower":15gqgc8a said:
OpHawk":15gqgc8a said:
It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

Raible and Moon on the radio broadcast didnt mention it as a possibility either until about 10 seconds before the announcement was made

To be honest, it's a pretty rare play and for a commentator mentioning it off the cuff would be exceptional.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Aros":1mbysnfd said:
kidhawk":1mbysnfd said:
Aros":1mbysnfd said:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yep, I did.

The good news is Russ will make some good plays against the receivers in the Giants secondary, so there's that...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":274uyiw1 said:
It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.

That's what I thought too.

As Charles would say: "Turrible, just turrible"

jammerhawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":ela5ec8p said:
It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.

That's what I thought too.

As Charles would say: "Turrible, just turrible"

misfit

Reaction score
OpHawk":2h45dqbn said:
It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

I thought gurley stepped out of bounds before the ball came loose honestly

253hawk

Reaction score
One of them also kept saying 'Goaf' instead of 'Gawf'.

CBS is just all-around terrible. Boring personalities, bland presentation, mediocre production quality...let the AFC keep it. The only redeeming quality is being able to laugh at how terrible they are when they butcher player names or common phrases.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Announcers usually show a little more love to an up and coming home team, I remember how much they would gush about us in 2012, 2013. The Rams had been media darlings up to this point for their young coach and Goff and Gurley.