What a brutal offseason this is shaping up to be

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sure, tear off one name, replace it with another. So, after accusations of being bandwagon jumpers, the next term applied to fickle fans will be, "velcro loyalties"?

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares what anyone thinks. Do what you want.

If you are bandwagon, who gives a rats ass. if you are a long term fan, who gives a rats ass.?

Were all fans, period.

For me, I'm done with jersey buying with a players name on the back. None are loyal like me, they don't deserve my loyalty. I'm loyal to the TEAM.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3jnq9la2 said:
This is the kind of offseason that separates the good front offices from the bad. When the market is flush with talent even a blind squirrel can find a nut. There are good players, bargains and good fits out there (in free agency and the draft) Pete and John just need to identify and target them.
Absolutely it does.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kearly":1uc9skbv said:
I've never seen a free agency period that got less for the dollar. No name players and even dudes were were borderline busts are getting huge deals. And the draft looks pretty weak, outside of the occasional gem.

In an offseason like this, the teams that do the least may end up being the biggest winners.

You said that about last years draft as well. DTs look pretty deep in this years draft. Agree with your free agency assessment but which years did you think were good draft years without the value of hindsight? To me, the fact that so much talent has been on the defensive side of football, that the lack of offensive players has given the draft only the perception of being weak.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
kearly":2cxzap55 said:
I've never seen a free agency period that got less for the dollar. No name players and even dudes were were borderline busts are getting huge deals. And the draft looks pretty weak, outside of the occasional gem.

In an offseason like this, the teams that do the least may end up being the biggest winners.
. I hope you are correct because so far we seem to be doing the least.
Early last season I posted that our Oline could not be worse... Right now I fear the office read that and took it as a challenge.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Largent80":qepujbnk said:
Who cares what anyone thinks. Do what you want.

If you are bandwagon, who gives a rats ass. if you are a long term fan, who gives a rats ass.?

Were all fans, period.

For me, I'm done with jersey buying with a players name on the back. None are loyal like me, they don't deserve my loyalty. I'm loyal to the TEAM.

Spoken like a true long term fan :thirishdrinkers:

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Wait until teams start cutting down. I bet we sign better talent in the pre-season than we did in the first phase of FA.

When teams give out bad contracts they always regret it. There's always better players they could've signed instead, or more cap space that could've been rolled over. There is ALWAYS a consequence for giving out bad contracts. Sometimes it hurts right away, sometimes it takes a year or two, but the time always comes when you regret the bad contract.

Just say "no" to bad contracts

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Some teams still got good value the Boykin and Knighton signings were solid, the raiders could get a steal with aldon smith at 6ish a year. Denver got great value on Okung.