What a game! From a Falcons Fan.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Can you guys please beat San Francisco next week? Thanks, that would be great. Unfortunately, I feel like the Seahawks were the only team that could put it on the Niners, now I'll have to watch Harbaugh's stupid ass win a Super Bowl.

It was good, I guess, to see Tony Gonzales win a playoff game. He's a good guy, but I would've preferred if he ended his career with the same amount of playoff wins he started with.

Good game, it was exciting.

OP
OP
E

Exar0s

Reaction score
seahawk2k":saevsfp3 said:
Can you guys please beat San Francisco next week? Thanks, that would be great. Unfortunately, I feel like the Seahawks were the only team that could put it on the Niners, now I'll have to watch Harbaugh's stupid ass win a Super Bowl.

It was good, I guess, to see Tony Gonzales win a playoff game. He's a good guy, but I would've preferred if he ended his career with the same amount of playoff wins he started with.

Good game, it was exciting.

If any team wants to put it to the 49'ers as much as Seattle it is Atlanta. We had to deal with them during their "prime" years in our division. We still have a sour taste in our mouth here in Atlanta with the way the 49'ers handed us our . . . . you know, for so long. It would indeed be sweet revenge. We did beat them in 98 on our way to the Super Bowl so perhaps they are a necessary hurdle.

Best of luck next year. I'm not really excited to be playing Seattle again any time soon.

Bohern317

Reaction score
I want to tell you all something. I am from Atlanta and I am a big Falcons fan. My son and I went to the game today and he is 8yrs old. We had two Seattle fans (husband and wife) sitting in the row behind us, they loved his passion so much they actually requested for him to take a photo with them. All game we all talked back and forth about the game. The gentleman who was the Seattle fan actually told me my son was the coolest Falcon fan he had met all weekend. At one point they were talking to my son more than me and he was doing likewise. They got to talking to my son so much that they became friends just enjoying this game we all love.

during the game not hearing what was said I asked what the convo was, I was told just good friendly smack by the husband. I told them, well that is OK I am just making sure he was not being rude. bottom line is we had good banter back and forth all of it just being good fandom.

I just wanted to say that the fans I encountered today were classy and passionate, that is something i like. I will say you all are the best I have ever ran into as far as having passion and still remaining classy.

your team is a very tough opponent and I am glad you are not in our division. You have a bright future ahead of you for deep run into the playoffs.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bohern317":8choqlcd said:
I want to tell you all something. I am from Atlanta and I am a big Falcons fan. My son and I went to the game today and he is 8yrs old. We had two Seattle fans (husband and wife) sitting in the row behind us, they loved his passion so much they actually requested for him to take a photo with them. All game we all talked back and forth about the game. The gentleman who was the Seattle fan actually told me my son was the coolest Falcon fan he had met all weekend. At one point they were talking to my son more than me and he was doing likewise. They got to talking to my son so much that they became friends just enjoying this game we all love.

during the game not hearing what was said I asked what the convo was, I was told just good friendly smack by the husband. I told them, well that is OK I am just making sure he was not being rude. bottom line is we had good banter back and forth all of it just being good fandom.

I just wanted to say that the fans I encountered today were classy and passionate, that is something i like. I will say you all are the best I have ever ran into as far as having passion and still remaining classy.

your team is a very tough opponent and I am glad you are not in our division. You have a bright future ahead of you for deep run into the playoffs.
That's awesome to hear, man. Makes me proud of the 12th Man.

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":9zc9inqu said:
theoaklandphenom":9zc9inqu said:
FlyingGreg":9zc9inqu said:
I can't say "thanks" because it's easy to go to another teams forum after a win.

And the monkey is not off your back yet. Unfortunately for you guys, the 49ers are coming to town. And I don't see any way in the world you can beat them, even in your house.

But I'll be rooting for you guys!

The monkey was winning a single playoff game, and it is off! I didn't see it because I was a chicken and refused to watch any of our last offensive drive, but I heard the rest of the crowd and it is off.

If all you guys wanted to do was win a playoff game, I feel sorry for you.

Wrong. The monkey is not off -- this is all meaningless unless you win next week. Blowing HFA would put the monkey right back.

No, winning a single playoff game is not all the Falcons want to do. But that's what the talking heads questioned their ability to do. Nobody was talking about the Falcons and their inability to win a Super Bowl or inability to defend HFA. It was to win a playoff game. That was the monkey. It's off their backs.

Twisted

Reaction score
Exar0s":3121hgvg said:
I won't lie, I have not been so emotionally tore up since the 1998 Atlanta vs. Minnesota NFC Championship game. I along with everyone else in Atlanta thought Seattle dead after the 3'rd quarter ended and being down by 20 point. What a tough little SoB Wilson is! Man, you can only imagine the horrible feelings of doom we all had after Wilson and company took the lead with 30+ seconds left. The place went completely quiet, all the feelings of the past three playoff games came roaring back reminding us of how we can never seal the deal.

Then Ryan hit Gonzo to put us in FG range. What a moment, no one in the world deserves to play for a NFC title than Gonzo. Once the kick was made, (thanks Pete!) the place wen't absolutely nuts! I high five'd and fist pumped until my hands were bleeding it felt like. I hugged strangers (and my wife) until I was in tears. My uncle, who has been fighting cancer for 7+ years broke down in tears right beside me.. The guy has been a Falcon fan for 20+ years longer than me. What a feeling! The big ass fat gorilla monkey monster was off our back.

Man, what a game. Best of luck to you guys in the future. I was wrong about Wilson. I said I would rather see him dropping back than see Lynch running the ball. How wrong was I!? Seattle has a reason to be excited, Wilson is the truth.

Hopefully this emotional lift will carry us to the SB. Either way it is nice just getting this monkey off our back. As a Falcon fan I know disappointment more than most. Don't sweat it though, Wilson and company will be back next year and beyond stronger than ever. That was one hell of a game.

its easy to make long FGs, when you get two trys... :roll:

I'm not impressed with the Falcons play in any event, all they will get out of this year is the ability to say, "well, at least we got that playoff monkey off our backs, barely"

lol, they got some work to do if they plan on getting by the Niners, a lot of work.. ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Falcons fans...It's a reminder that we are all the same (just happen to root for different teams). The passion we share, the angst, the sadness, the heartache, the excitement, the thrill...It's a unifying force that we ALL (at some point or another) get to experience, so in that essence we are kindred spirits. I never condone violence or asshatery from drunken fans. It's disgusting and inexcusable, no matter the situation. That's why I like to hear good stories from fans of their respective teams, playfully smack talking but never more than that. It's just a game. As much as we live and die this damn game, it's just that. A game.

The Falcons seem like a classy team as well. Not a lot of trash talk going on today, no dirtbag moments. Just two teams trying to prevail.

Good luck next week.

Latest posts