What do you think?

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Speaking of our D we were watching a show on NFL network about the 86 bears superbowl. One thing we noticed is how many things they did then that are illegal now. We both were saying how with all the rule changes how can they compare the 86 bears D and our D last season.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Jerhawk":hczc82f0 said:
I think the loss of Red Bryant could hurt our run defense at the beginning of the season, but
Quinn should figure out how to replace that loss by the midway point.

Benson Mayowa I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring. He has great speed as a pass rusher, which could
force the QB into some bad throws. Cliff Avril already said Mayowa has the potential to be a great D end.

Our interior D line looks solid, and I'm hoping Schofield can fill Clemon's shoes at LEO. Overall, our D line looks solid with plenty of depth. Whoever out of the bunch doesn't make the team will be quickly picked up by other teams.

Umm, no... Michael Bennett should see plenty of snaps at 5T at 50 pounds less than Bryant, he's still an elite run defender when graded as a 4-3 DE. Furthermore, Tony McDaniel is also going to see a lot of snaps at 5T and he has the size, the skill set, plus the experience to be just as good as Bryant if not more complete (in providing more of a pass-rush) as a 5T.

And as others have stated Kevin Williams also brings strong pedigree of being a quality run stuffer plus a great pass-rusher and that was at NT. His natural position and the position in which he dominated the league at for a decade is at 3T.

Rush Defense might be better than it was a year ago.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we are left with a bunch of young guys who know they have the opportunity to step up and be part of a historically good defense whom have had the past year or two to witness how it all pays off.

I'm not worried about the D-line.

Can't wait to destroy Rodgers.

HawkWow

Reaction score
With GB suddenly having a much more balanced attack, I don't think we could ask for a better test for our defense. I will be stoked if we hold them to 20 and I predict we will put 30 + on them.