What exactly is wrong...

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
With Thomas Rawls?

He recovered from a broken ankle in the offseason to return and get a shin injury.

It must be a deep bone bruise? Pete said contusion. I'm concerned that it's worse. Is there any possibility that it's a broken bone?

I guess I'm just excited to get all of our guys back, but we are really thin at RB with Michael. Prosise has been injured, Rawls injured, and Collins has ran poorly. Tried out guys earlier in the week.

Is there a chance Pete is hiding a bad injury?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1sdv6oyt said:
With Thomas Rawls?

He recovered from a broken ankle in the offseason to return and get a shin injury.

It must be a deep bone bruise? Pete said contusion. I'm concerned that it's worse. Is there any possibility that it's a broken bone?

I guess I'm just excited to get all of our guys back, but we are really thin at RB with Michael. Prosise has been injured, Rawls injured, and Collins has ran poorly. Tried out guys earlier in the week.

I share the concern about the severity and possible longevity of this new leg injury to Rawls. But very much doubt Pete is hiding anything; even when he says there's an outside chance they could still use him Sunday.

edit, the Vikings put AP on IR today, that's a comparatively very serious blow to a possible playoff contender

dogorama

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3aj8vu7t said:
With Thomas Rawls?

Contusions are more commonly known as bone bruises but unlike regular bruises, they can involve actual fracturing that is too small to be seen on an x-ray. It can impair mobility.

LargentFan

Reaction score
dogorama":1t43xof4 said:
Contusions are more commonly known as bone bruises but unlike regular bruises, they can involve actual fracturing that is too small to be seen on an x-ray. It can impair mobility.

This isn't actually true. A contusion and a bruise are the same thing. No bones need be involved. It's kind of like the word "laceration." Contusion is the medical word for bruise like laceration is the medical word for cut/tear.

dogorama

Reaction score
LargentFan":3eyqqag8 said:
dogorama":3eyqqag8 said:

This isn't actually true. A contusion and a bruise are the same thing. No bones need be involved. It's kind of like the word "laceration." Contusion is the medical word for bruise like laceration is the medical word for cut/tear.

You may be right, I asked my ex, who is an MD what a "bone bruise" was w/o offering the "contusion" term and that is what she told me. On further investigation she is correct and the confusion comes from the term "bone bruise" being a misnomer. They are often referred to as bone contusions however.

http://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-inte ... -misnomer/

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bone Bruises are no joke and hurt like the bone is broken. I got kicked in the shin a couple years ago at my football game, and I had a dark purple bruise from just below my knee damn near all the way to my toes. When it happened I was certain I broke my leg due to the pain and swelling.

In past years we have been lucky to avoid injuries for the most point, but it seems to have caught up to us this year. Before the season started I thought we could be easily 3-1 or 4-0 going into our bye. If we go 2-2 considering all the injuries that would almost be a win at this point.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1lqwso6l said:
Bone Bruises are no joke and hurt like the bone is broken. I got kicked in the shin a couple years ago at my football game, and I had a dark purple bruise from just below my knee damn near all the way to my toes. When it happened I was certain I broke my leg due to the pain and swelling.

In past years we have been lucky to avoid injuries for the most point, but it seems to have caught up to us this year. Before the season started I thought we could be easily 3-1 or 4-0 going into our bye. If we go 2-2 considering all the injuries that would almost be a win at this point.

This is so true. I had us being 3-1 at the break with a loss at the Jets. Now I think we will be lucky to be 2-2 and with a lot of questions coming out of the break. We shall see.

Latest posts