What has Jameis done?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Big Ben is a great comp, but some of his interceptions are the dumbest thing about about him. He has a Jay Cutler quality to his picks, where you want to go test his blood sugar and see if diabetes made him hallucinate.

ctrcat

Reaction score
lobohawk":2bsdp07v said:
Reminds me a lot of Newton, albeit with less of an impact from running. Has a high ceiling, but don't see him reaching the top 5 QBs in the NFL. The difference with Mariota is that he may have the intangibles, like Wilson or Luck, to elevate his game above his excellent athletic ability.

Reminds me of a more athletic Byron Leftwich. Cam is far more athletic with an infinitely quicker release and stronger arm.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I liked his press conference today.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I do not want to like the guy. In fact, I don't, though oddly enough the stunt he pulled when he was suspended and still tried to full dress and get on the field is the part I hate the most. The rest is nothing I can put into a real context.

But he is by far the best QB in this draft. He can run play action, real play action, and that puts him way ahead of Mariota.

CPHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2edkpiyq said:
lobohawk":2edkpiyq said:
Reminds me a lot of Newton, albeit with less of an impact from running. Has a high ceiling, but don't see him reaching the top 5 QBs in the NFL. The difference with Mariota is that he may have the intangibles, like Wilson or Luck, to elevate his game above his excellent athletic ability.

Reminds me of a more athletic Byron Leftwich. Cam is far more athletic with an infinitely quicker release and stronger arm.

Unless a 5 flat 40 and a 28" vert is more athletic than Leftwich, he isn't a more athletic version.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":272a5g2c said:
I do not want to like the guy. In fact, I don't, though oddly enough the stunt he pulled when he was suspended and still tried to full dress and get on the field is the part I hate the most. The rest is nothing I can put into a real context.

But he is by far the best QB in this draft. He can run play action, real play action, and that puts him way ahead of Mariota.

Haha, we'll see, but when he's hanging out with Leaf and Johnny Foosball, and Marcus is still in the nfl, I doubt you will ever admit you said any of this.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":172c5raa said:
Scottemojo":172c5raa said:

Haha, we'll see, but when he's hanging out with Leaf and Johnny Foosball, and Marcus is still in the nfl, I doubt you will ever admit you said any of this.
Mariotta is no where near the caliber of QB as Winston.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ivotuk":2fr2wkr4 said:
pehawk":2fr2wkr4 said:
I want to hear all these supposed redflags. Here's what I've heard so far and why I think its dumb;

1) Sexual Assault - If he did it, then yeah, he's a bastard. But, I've experienced first-hand false accusations along these lines. I was 19 and girl couldn't come up with a reasonable excuse for not coming home, so, she cried "rape". It went as far as detectives and polygraphs. She flat made it up and once she cried wolf felt dumb recanting. I take this accusation with a reasonable and justified grain of salt. I'm a short little nothing and I had a woman say that about me, cant imagine being Jameis in such instances.

2) Shopliftting - WHO CARES!! I probably gave you a wedgie in HS if you didn't shoplift occasionally. Young equals dumb...don't care.

3) Yelling "blank her in the blank". Again, who cares! Its a joke and meme for people younger than us. It's nothing but a catch phrase. The outrage is from phonies reaching for something out of context.

Is that it? Really?

From what I've heard dudes teammates LOVED him. Pros will love him too. I don't get the redflags. Dude's a beast.

So, a guy has a chance at millions and taking his team to the top but he risks it all, along with all the hard work of team mates who aren't as physically gifted as he is, to "have a little fun."

Remember the DBs who risked our Superbowl Championship year for a little weed? Smoking weed, not a big deal, putting smoking weed up there on a scale with Superbowl or NFL Career? Beyond stupid.

Jaimes WInston is a piece of shit and not only has some poor girl possibly been victimized at Florida State, but people there threatened her and tried to destroy her reputation. Does Penn State and Joe Paterno ring a bell?

I think the sexual assault thing is much worse than all the little stuff because the police covered it up/blatantly refused to prosecute. The dumb little stuff is just that. Your example of "to have a little fun" is the thing: he's having a BB gun fight with his buddies (which most of us who grew up in a rural area have done) and not thinking that something like that is going to somehow affect his draft stock. He doesn't correlate it, probably until later.

In the NFL, he'll have teams hire guys to help him watch his ass. It will be different. I'd be more worried why he throws so many INT's, and the on field stuff that English referred to.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3pr7hvo3 said:
CPHawk":3pr7hvo3 said:
Scottemojo":3pr7hvo3 said:

Mariotta is no where near the caliber of QB as Winston.

Agree. I like Mariota, but Winston has a natural touch to his throws and is a special talent as a passer. Good point about the play action, as well. There are certainly character concerns and I think he needs to go to an offense that will either limit his turnovers (much like ours) or forgive them (Arians-style), but as a quarterback prospect, he's stronger than Mariota. I think Tampa is an okay fit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well due to Johnny Footballs antics last season and lack of being able to step it up I think a lot of things will push him down, hand size, speed and his background. Collectively all things will make him slide, but I think smart teams are going to keep that to themselves hoping a QB needy team wants to swap places for choices with them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RG3 ran a better 40 than Wilson and Luck.. how's that working out for the Redskins?

Give me Jameis over Mariota any day.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hard to say. Winston may be the better NFL qb to pick, but he just seems so much like a mixture (persaonality wise) of Cutler, Kaep, Leaf, Manziel etc. Means a lot to have a competitve, hard working, good person + talent like an MM and and RW.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":2quu7t6e said:
hard to say. Winston may be the better NFL qb to pick, but he just seems so much like a mixture (persaonality wise) of Cutler, Kaep, Leaf, Manziel etc. Means a lot to have a competitve, hard working, good person + talent like an MM and and RW.

Yeah but he played under center, and in a pro set O, and no qb who has ever played in that type of O and been a top 10 pick, has ever not made it in the NFL.