What if Alabama beats Georgia?

Chapow

Reaction score
Look at Iowa's schedule. They've played 1 good team (Penn State) and they lost that game 31-0.

Their philosophy is basically, we play great defense and have a barely functional offense.

That game was over as soon as Michigan got out to a 10-0 lead.

Chapow

Reaction score
Honestly, the SEC championship was a good game, but other than that, conference championship game Saturday has been a pretty big dud. These games just haven't been very entertaining, interesting, or compelling at all.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think the committee would have preferred Georgia, Michigan, UW, FSU all to win because it would have made their job very easy. It's awfully easy to justify keeping the top 4 the same if they all win.

Now that Georgia has lost, they've got some very tough decisions to make.
On paper I wanted all 3 teams to win but FSU to lose because they will be like crap in playoffs.

The best would be in no order Bama Georgia Michigan and Texas

Welshers2

Reaction score
hopefully washington gets florida state somehow. thatd be amazing and mean washington would get to go to the national championship game

Welshers2

Reaction score
The CFP committe isnt going to want to do this:

1. Michivan vs 4. Alabama

and

2. Washington vs 3. Florida State

those would be the most fair rankings and semifinals but the CFP is going to want michigan vs Alabama in the championship game so I dont see it happening like that

NoGain

Reaction score
On paper I wanted all 3 teams to win but FSU to lose because they will be like crap in playoffs.

The best would be in no order Bama Georgia Michigan and Texas
Michigan is overrated. Their offense is nowhere near the Husky offense. Georgia didn't play anybody this year. Alabama isn't going to scare UW at all. Oregon was playing better than all four of these teams late in the season, and UW beat them twice.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Michigan is overrated. Their offense is nowhere near the Husky offense. Georgia didn't play anybody this year. Alabama isn't going to scare UW at all. Oregon was playing better than all four of these teams late in the season, and UW beat them twice.
stop. you're actually making me start to believe UW could really win the whole thing. don't give me hope like that. just dont do it. the pac 12 always chokes and it will be heartbreaking

QWERTY

Reaction score

Yet Michigan D will be enough for the Huskies

QWERTY

Reaction score
On paper FSU and UW earns it after perfect season but they wouldn’t look good if they played Bama or Georgia

NoGain

Reaction score
stop. you're actually making me start to believe UW could really win the whole thing. don't give me hope like that. just dont do it. the pac 12 always chokes and it will be heartbreaking
Did you watch Michigan tonight? Did they look scary on offense at all to you? Alabama is well coached, but this Alabama team isn't nearly as good as Alabama teams of the last decade plus. Same for this year's Georgia team. People are overrating these teams just because of their name recognition, rather than how they've actually looked. Alabama, except for a Hail Mary TD pass would be out of it. Florida State has a very good D, but are now terribly flawed offensively. Texas is probably the best of the bunch now, but they're beatable as well.

People keep talking about UW being overrated when actually it's these other teams that are.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Did you watch Michigan tonight? Did they look scary on offense at all to you? Alabama is well coached, but this Alabama team isn't nearly as good as Alabama teams of the last decade plus. Same for this year's Georgia team. People are overrating these teams just because of their name recognition, rather than how they've actually looked. Alabama, except for a Hail Mary TD pass would be out of it. Florida State has a very good D, but are now terribly flawed offensively. Texas is probably the best of the bunch now, but they're beatable as well.

People keep talking about UW being overrated when actually it's these other teams that are.
you make good points and maybe the fear is just subliminal name recognition more than anything. it just feels like these are the teams that are always there and always win. washington winning it would be so incredibly out of the norm it doesnt feel real. what scares me is michigan has the experience in the playoffs as they were there both the last two years.

if UW gets a 2v3 matchup vs FSU then i think they will play in the national championship vs michigan or alabama and have a chance to win it all

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
none of the teams besides UW have a good QB. I'm amazed at how bad the qb talent is. Trash.

NoGain

Reaction score
There's no dominant team or teams this year relative to the rest near the top of the pack.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I don't see how Alabama passes Texas. Especially considering they have a H2H.

UW has a very good chance to win it all. Best QB & WR in the CFP.
good point. So I think it has to be

1. Mich
2. Washington
3. FSU or Texas
4. FSU or Texas

right? I mean watch them screw washington and put FSU as #4

SonicHawk

Reaction score
On paper FSU and UW earns it after perfect season but they wouldn’t look good if they played Bama or Georgia
Bama and Georgia aren't special. SEC is a cupcake league with a top heavy schedule.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
good point. So I think it has to be

1. Mich
2. Washington
3. FSU or Texas
4. FSU or Texas

right? I mean watch them screw washington and put FSU as #4
I think they do put FSU at 4.

Latest posts