What is Frank Clark’s price?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are sort of violently agreeing.

My frustration is that this team did not sign him already.

The solutions from this point forward are lesser.

But I don't see losing Clark is going to be better for us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3h1578zg said:

If I thought we were in the mix to win a SB this year I'd agree with you, gotta extend Frank.

But I don't think that, I still think we're 2-3 years away from building the next dominant defense........and that's going to be hard to do if we overpay Clark. There won't be much D-line money left to add another playmaker on the line, and add much needed depth.

If that means trading him for a 1st rounder, or multiple picks to help find his replacement, or multiple pieces? Then so be it.

Worst thing you can do as an organization is panic and think you're only option is to overpay. You gotta trust your scouting, player development and schemes.

I love Frank, and I'd love to see him in a Hawk's uniform for the next 5-6 years. But not at 20-22M a year. IF that's what he's asking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's likely not as easy as "we should have signed him already"
A lot more goes in to it, especially the guarantees. Easy for the fans to say what the team should or shouldn't do.
If we have to choose 2 guys of the 3 (Russ, Wags and Clark) I still think Clark would be the one to not sign long term.
IF a team offers something big for him, it would be hard to pass up for the Hawks. Every team loses guys to cap numbers, you can't keep everyone, it's not realistic. He's a damn good player, but not 20 mil good.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wo0t434 said:
We will see how much they pay the guys they bring in to replace him.

Betting they produce nowhere near that same impact but that we spend almost as much.

Tate looked like he was expensive at the time too. Remember WRs were a dime a dozen?

If this team would quit blowing money on crap FAs, a lot of the issues with not being able to keep our performing players would be solved anyway. That said, I expect a platoon of crap FAs as our solution to try to replace Clark if we lose him.

Tate wasn't about money, jesus you guys need to remember shit better, there was a conflict with your prize QB no matter what they sweep under the rug.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1n45yjfp said:
We are sort of violently agreeing.

My frustration is that this team did not sign him already.

The solutions from this point forward are lesser.

So we should have signed Clark, Thomas and Wilson all by now, might as well throw in Wagner as well to meet your idealisms.

But if they get hurt like Chancellor or Avril then they are idiots for giving them big contracts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I never had a problem with Chancellor or Avril.

Frankly, Kam did so much for this team - even his bloated contract was probably worth it just to create a track record that this team DOES 'take care of its own'

It was the bringing in underwhelming FAs from other teams and paying them big coin to underwhelm us here that put us in the worst spots. The Kam and Avril deals wouldn't have been as significant if we were not peeing away 10M to the likes of Joekel and that RB that likes to eat Chinese Food.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can't blame this front office for being careful about big contracts. And this team has never had a problem giving big contracts. But some have bit them in the butt, and not their fault on some of them.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1105525796406521856[/tweet]

....................... this should help find an answer to the question of Frank Clark's price.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2z35sjwp said:
I never had a problem with Chancellor or Avril.

Frankly, Kam did so much for this team - even his bloated contract was probably worth it just to create a track record that this team DOES 'take care of its own'

It was the bringing in underwhelming FAs from other teams and paying them big coin to underwhelm us here that put us in the worst spots. The Kam and Avril deals wouldn't have been as significant if we were not peeing away 10M to the likes of Joekel and that RB that likes to eat Chinese Food.

Ummm....I believe the correct term is China food. :lol: :lol:

knownone

Reaction score
massari":2ohm70mk said:
The Patriots were only able to get a late 2nd (#61) for Chandler Jones in 2016 and he was pretty much the same player and age as Clark is now.

Colts, Jets, Bills, Browns, Raiders seem like the most probable trade candidates.
The Patriots traded Jones for a 2nd and Johnathon Cooper, who was the #7 pick in the draft 2 years prior. Jones was also coming off a strange synthetic marijuana incident which may have diminished his value.

Frank is worth at least a 1st.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":y0lryzu5 said:

....................... this should help find an answer to the question of Frank Clark's price.

I'd say that's the bottom for Clark's market. I'd take this deal for him in a heartbeat. But Clark had almost double the sacks, which is why I think Clark is asking for more in the 20M per year range with even more guaranteed money.

Osprey

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nboamuj said:
Jville":3nboamuj said:

I'd say that's the bottom for Clark's market. I'd take this deal for him in a heartbeat. But Clark had almost double the sacks, which is why I think Clark is asking for more in the 20M per year range with even more guaranteed money.
Flowers is arguably the more well rounded player being scheme flexible and stouter against the run. That said Clark will most likely come in above his APY. Enjoy his play, but I wouldn't say he deserves elite pay like Mack.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Osprey":1pkq7pkx said:
Sgt. Largent":1pkq7pkx said:
Jville":1pkq7pkx said:

Flowers is arguably the more well rounded player being scheme flexible and stouter against the run. That said Clark will most likely come in above his APY. Enjoy his play, but I wouldn't say he deserves elite pay like Mack.

I totally agree, but there's a reason DE's covet sacks so much, because they know that's the #1 thing that gets them paid.

Cliff Avril's said many times on air that he'd prefer getting a normal sack over a fumble recovery returned for a TD, because that's how D-lineman get paid.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1105627917998972930[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
warden":rolf3rpi said:
HawkGA":rolf3rpi said:
So this makes Clark's price . . . . ?
Yep five years for ninety million

I suspect the model for Clark is the Flowers contract, but it will need to be something similar which maybe too rich for the team to digest, while keeping RW and BW, Reed and hopefully a few others.

Trade value established with the Ford trade of a 2020 2nd rd. pick doesn’t help much either as it puts a damper on thoughts of a present day trade for Clark and may establish his value as a 3rd. this season.

knownone

Reaction score
I think Frank is waiting to see what Lawrence is going to get. If that’s the case, we’re looking at at least 20m per season. His agent is likely using the leverage of next offseason and Wilson’s contract as a justification for that valuation.

I also wouldn’t use Dee Ford’s trade value as an indicator of Franks value. Ford has injury concerns and was traded for the 36th pick which isn’t far off of a first. Frank’s health and consistent production give him the edge in value. Franks worth at least a first.

Latest posts