What is Marshawn really worth?

Sac

Reaction score
He's worth at least one hand-off in the closing seconds of the Super Bowl when you still have a timeout.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Money is always an issue, and with the way your team is handing it out, it's about time to start asking, "when do they say when?" You have to pay Lynch AD money because he is on AD's level, and with his body and run style, he will hold up at this level for another 2 years, and then turn into Redskin Shaun Alexander. Pay him top shelf money, let him run you to another Super Bowl, and in two years (and $19-22mm later) tell him so long.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3j1x9zdq said:
$9 million sounds about right . . . that's what 26 year old LeSean McCoy and 28 year old Jamaal Charles are averaging. $10 million is generous. $11 million is getting crazy.

What's a couple more million when you have a shot at a 3peat appearance, and punching the ball in to the end zone when it really counts.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3oufbfwu said:
hawknation2015":3oufbfwu said:
$9 million sounds about right . . . that's what 26 year old LeSean McCoy and 28 year old Jamaal Charles are averaging. $10 million is generous. $11 million is getting crazy.

What's a couple more million when you have a shot at a 3peat appearance, and punching the ball in to the end zone when it really counts.

I don't think the difference in $9-10-11 million is going to matter. And we're not going to pay him ridiculous Adrian Petersen money: $15+ million.

If he wants to make $10 million, then he will play. If he wants to make $0, then he will retire or holdout, and we will squat on his contract. $10-11 million is more than fair market value, IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ti9azxky said:
Vetamur":ti9azxky said:
Well..there you go. Thats what I would pay. What his contract pays him. And if the issue isnt about the money, as others say..then why throw more money at him?

Because he's the heart and soul of your team, offense and personality?

Hell yeah, I'd cripple my team and go through CAP hell to keep ONE player happy, and even if it did take you out of contending for another Championship, you'd still have heart and soul - "Identity".
I doubt Marshawn believes that the team should do something like that, as I don't really believe that he's looking to get his EGO stroked.
If the Seahawks (John Schneider) is offering him $10 or $11 mil. I believe it's because they think that it will maybe be enough of an incentive to get him to reconsider postponing his retirement.
There's a big risk with the way that Marshawn throws himself into his game, It could be that he's wanting to walk away with his health somewhat in tact, and if that's the case, I don't blame him for not wanting to rush through the process.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":12rdv14g said:
Money is always an issue, and with the way your team is handing it out, it's about time to start asking, "when do they say when?" You have to pay Lynch AD money because he is on AD's level, and with his body and run style, he will hold up at this level for another 2 years, and then turn into Redskin Shaun Alexander. Pay him top shelf money, let him run you to another Super Bowl, and in two years (and $19-22mm later) tell him so long.
AD, you mean Adrian Deterson? :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":38ulrl1m said:
Sgt. Largent":38ulrl1m said:
Vetamur":38ulrl1m said:
Well..there you go. Thats what I would pay. What his contract pays him. And if the issue isnt about the money, as others say..then why throw more money at him?

I think it was Irvin who said Red Bryant was the heart and soul of the defense and they cut him

Other than Russell, you can't compare the impact of a player to this team to Lynch..........and certainly not a D-lineman.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":12esp5to said:
I think he's worth whatever it takes to keep him on the team.
Yep, KJR or 710espn (I'm flipping back and forth at lunchtime) is saying a "cap friendly" 12 mil this year and 7+ next year is what they are hearing and it's close to getting done....... In reality who knows though.

CHawK247

Reaction score
"I think you're diminishing Red's contributions and possibly exaggerating Marshawn's. Heart and should of a city? So are you saying that the fan base will become fractured if he chooses to retire (honest question, not trying to put words in your mouth) ?"

Fractured!?..who's the one possibly exaggerating now? Bottom line is how many times have we heard Kam & Earl talk about how they feed off him and his energy? It inspires them in a way nothing else can. It's truly powerful. And will be missed dearly by everyone..when that time comes.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lhcj98g said:
Hawkfan77":1lhcj98g said:
Sgt. Largent":1lhcj98g said:
Vetamur":1lhcj98g said:

I think it was Irvin who said Red Bryant was the heart and soul of the defense and they cut him

Other than Russell, you can't compare the impact of a player to this team to Lynch..........and certainly not a D-lineman.
Why can't I?

kearly

Reaction score
I think he's basically worth the same money as a #1 WR like Calvin Johnson. The only reason RBs are paid less is because of supply and demand (it's much easier to find a pro-bowl RB than a #1 WR). If you could plug any 3rd round WR into an offense and get 1300 yards and 13 TDs, then guys like Calvin Johnson probably wouldn't be on a 113 million dollar contract.

Seattle runs the ball the way a team like Detroit passes the ball, and Marshawn is one of the rare RBs who is not fungible in nature. I think he probably deserves AP level pay ($14 million AYP). I think Lynch was probably the second biggest bargain on the roster last year only behind Russell Wilson. Lynch basically made about 40% of what he was worth last season.

That said, he's only worth that much if teams offer it. Seattle's offer seems pretty reasonable to me, I kinda doubt he'd get a bigger offer elsewhere. Very few teams would commit that kind of money to a RB, even if he deserves it.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27fd0bft said:
El Caliente":27fd0bft said:
AD, you mean Adrian Deterson? :lol:

All Day.

Latest posts