What Killed the Beast

kjreid

Reaction score
I for one think the ML has at least one more great year left, maybe two. he has 2100 carriers for 9,000 yds, ML normally carries the ball 300 times a year (280-315), he only carried it 111 times in 2015. His running style and his ability I would not hesitate to take him up until 2500 carriers (another year and half or two). He has been incredibly durable over his career with the only surgeries being this year. keep him under the same contract and lets go through him this year and the only difference should be to keep him at 230 carriers to get him a 1,000 yd season and do it again in 2017.

Rocket

Reaction score
All we have, so far, are the ramblings of the journalistas who are required to write stories.
So far I haven't seen anything solid, just tons of hearsay. To me, that's zip.

He could quit, he could ask to be released, he could be released, he could ask for a raise, he could show up on the firat day of minicamps. We know he's rested. We know that, post-surgery, he hit the Carolina Safety so hard he broke his freakin' helmet. We know he's unconventional. We know that he gets STRONGER with more hits.

Add all that up, and I see someone with a decent amount of room left in his tank.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rocket":e47vrksa said:
All we have, so far, are the ramblings of the journalistas who are required to write stories.
So far I haven't seen anything solid, just tons of hearsay. To me, that's zip.

He could quit, he could ask to be released, he could be released, he could ask for a raise, he could show up on the firat day of minicamps. We know he's rested. We know that, post-surgery, he hit the Carolina Safety so hard he broke his freakin' helmet. We know he's unconventional. We know that he gets STRONGER with more hits.

Add all that up, and I see someone with a decent amount of room left in his tank.

There is also one thing most everyone is certain of. ML has a HUGE cap hit that the team can use get better elsewhere. VERY high probability that ML will not take a pay cut, and will not re-structure. He might have passing thoughts of it from a teammate perspective, but a deals aren't struck between him and teammates. He's as anti-establishment as one can get, and the mistrust runs so deep that there's no way he'd even come to the table. So the easier way out for the Hawks is to go through the motions of asking for a restructure, then cut him loose when he refuses.

Rocket

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1319ogms said:
keatonisballin":1319ogms said:
Hate being that guy but Bevell killed him on Feb 1 2015. By not giving him the ball he basically gave him a giant middle finger and Lynch stopped caring. He came into the season either not healthy or not interested in giving 100% like years past. If Rawls had gotten more playing time in the early part of season we probably wouldn't have lost so many games. I know I'll get bashed for it but that's my honest thoughts on it.
Hate to say it, but this may well be part of it. The other part is simply age and wear and tear catching up with him.
This is the first post about the Beast riding off into the sunset that made sense. As a possibility, tho. Just a possibility. I don't think he's physically done, cuz he's the Beast and he's different, but the call could be floating in his head.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Not sure if it was Don Henley or Glenn Frey who penned the "Kill the Beast" line in Hotel California, but I have to ask if this thread title, made a day after Frey's passing, is merely coincidental or a tribute?

Great stuff in here and I have nothing new to add.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Marshawn has taken his last snap as a Seahawk and I really hope that the parting is as amicable as possible. I mean, it's not the end of the world if he declines to be a future 12 Flag Raiser or even if he declines to show up for his Ring of Honor induction, but it would be nice to know that he realizes the Seahawks saved him as much as he saved them. When is the last time you heard "the Seahawks are soft"?
Beast Mode killed that phrase, for which we should all be grateful regardless of how this pans out.

Marshawn, "I'm thankful" for you.

Greenhell

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2as5l2oc said:
Father time killed him..............happens to all players at some point unless you are on HGH like Tom Brady.

HGH and the selling of his soul to the Devil.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Well ESPN just reported that John Schneider is under the impression that Lynch is "leaning towards retirement." I have to agree with the poster above that the Superbowl is what killed Marshawn's desire and passion to continue. Along with nagging injuries, he just looked so unmotivated this season.

Greenhell

Reaction score
If ML makes it to Canton can you imagine what his speech would be like? "Yeah, I'm just here so I won't get fined".

MikeRob will probably have to do the speech on his behalf. :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Greenhell":15pqnjj1 said:
If ML makes it to Canton can you imagine what his speech would be like? "Yeah, I'm just here so I won't get fined".

He might be the first HOF inductee to not show up.

Do writers vote on the football hall like baseball writers? If so, he's probably not getting in, a lot of grudge holders who he never talked to out there.

Either way, I think he still needs 2-3 more quality years to sneak up the all time lists to get in. Right now? idk, maybe not.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I didn't think he quite had HoF numbers yet, but he's #8 on the all-time postseason rushing list.
Terrell Davis is the only one in the top 9 that is not in the Hall (other than ML obviously) and he is a finalist this year, expected by many to get in. TD does have a couple hundred more postseason yards than ML and a SB MVP, which is pretty big, but Lynch has way more regular season yards.
So maybe.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXrush_ ... ayoffs.htm

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tpvtpp5h said:
Greenhell":tpvtpp5h said:

He might be the first HOF inductee to not show up.

Do writers vote on the football hall like baseball writers? If so, he's probably not getting in, a lot of grudge holders who he never talked to out there.

Either way, I think he still needs 2-3 more quality years to sneak up the all time lists to get in. Right now? idk, maybe not.

You might be correct if he were to make it in. If he did I think it'd be disrespectful of him. As much as the recognition goes to the players the HoF is a big part of the fan experience as well.

I believe some sports writers do have a vote to help nominate players for the HoF if I remember correctly.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lynch is forever a Seahawks great and Legend.

Come on, the man caused an Earthquake.

I don't know any other Seahawks running back that will get to his level.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Throwdown":2i5ml7q7 said:
(Father) Time is undefeated
THIS.

Loved Beastmode in his time here, but I don't think where he's at is a great fit with this team going forward.
He was more a distraction than a real asset for much of the season.
I expect to see Fred Jackson gone too, because his running tank is near E and because we won't need him to help Marshawn stay on an even keel.

Recall that we also had to release RB Rod Smith due to numbers and the Cowboys picked him up. This front office has a decent recent record with bringing in rookie running back talent, so it's entirely possible we add a more-than-serviceable RB in the upcoming draft/UDFA.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Look at the most dominant RB since 2000, they all go from studs to hitting the wall almost over night. Larry Johnson was a 1700 yard guy, then poof he sucked. We picked up Edgerin James, and he couldn't even last half a year here. RB just take a beating, and the difference from 1000yard rusher and being out of the NFL is litterly a step or two of speed. Lose even a step and the holes they could get through as a younger RB, close as they get older.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Just age and being worn out. You just can't have his style of play and last past 30 years. Time to move on to Rawls.