What position should we take with this years 1st rd pick?

What position should we take with this years 1st rd pick?

• OL

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • WR

Votes: 51 51.5%
  • TE

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

BASF

Reaction score
I believe we lose Giacomini this offseason, so I want OLine help more than anything. We can upgrade all but center and LT with the draft this season, and RT is the most pressing need with Breno being a free agent.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Wasn't there a thing a while back about the FO preferring FA/traded WRs from other teams, as rookie WRs take too long to adjust?

Also, we're without a 3rd round pick this year (Harvin) so a trade back wouldn't surprise me.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I think "position of the above where there's value and the guy on top of the team's board" would be my choice. By the time the Seahawks pick, obviously there could be a run on a position group we covet, and what's left isn't graded to be worthy of the 32nd (fingers crossed) selection

chris98251

Reaction score
Everytime a team targets a position they reach it seems, have your board and pick the best there regardless, our depth is sick at most positions and there are guys that have been stashed in the closet or someplace that have yet to see the feild.

Schnieder has a plan and I will trust it, it's done well so far.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
chris98251":2bx59ca6 said:
Everytime a team targets a position they reach it seems, have your board and pick the best there regardless, our depth is sick at most positions and there are guys that have been stashed in the closet or someplace that have yet to see the feild.

sooo...you're saying Wr?

chris98251

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":y15kz6e1 said:
chris98251":y15kz6e1 said:

sooo...you're saying Wr?

I'm saying at our draft position you take best rated regardless of position.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
chris98251":e2bm33ho said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":e2bm33ho said:
chris98251":e2bm33ho said:

sooo...you're saying Wr?

I'm saying at our draft position you take best rated regardless of position.

just a little sarcasm for your open ended answer.

i agree. although when you get strong classes like wr coming out, that tends to yield more talent being available at our draft spot. but i get your point, you just never know, that could mean other teams ignore their other needs and make a run on wrs leaving a stud that plays elsewhere fall into our lap, just think the former is more likely.

of course i trust js/pete but this is all for fun. im totally confident that ill have like 5% success in guessing who they actually draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
With our current list of possible free agents and contracts and the unknown about the guys that have been on IR practice squad etc such as Micheals for instance and Simon it's hard to get a hard feel for real need and where holes will be. Many people are saying we go CB because of Browner, Thurmond and Sherman, but we have Simon and Schead in the wings.

This off season will be our most heart breaking under Carroll and Schnieder, probably for reasons that are completly unforseen and unexpected as well as some obvious ones.

Also looking at over all WR's the combination of burners and size, not researched enough to know catching style and route running etc is limited. Lots of 4.5 4.6 guys, but a lot of 6 footers that have average speed, very few 6'2 or 6'3 guys that have that. Granted thats with numbers today, combine numbers will improve greatly as they train for speed. But basic football times right now nothing really jumps off the board to me.

I looking at the list may go back to a big TE thats got good receiving skills and routes that runs 4.5 or 4.6 and let him try to make the team as a WR.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
i would be absolutely shocked if the seahawks went cb in the first round idk whos saying that....
probably means we take a cb in the first round.

my "shocker" pick would be a LB to wait in the wings for KJs departure in the future/ plus added depth.

If we get a wr thats 6 3+ ill be happy even if hes not a burner. despite the quoted 40 times i dont see that ability to burn people with our group we have now anyways (outside of percy). along with the fact that russ doesnt love to throw people open, i think we need bigger body's more physically capable of bodying people up and fighting for the ball. A converted te would be an interesting way to go about that.

despite him being a fairly popular name for getting cut, I could very easily see zach staying and even restructuring to do so at some point, so im not completely sold on drafting a te in the first round unless hes bpa.

Definitely going to be some wild turns of events this off season so it is quite hard to say.