What was the bigger fluke?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
StoneCold":1iozkfei said:
I was at the game yesterday and I don't really have an explanation. Everything that could go wrong did. Dropped passes. Penalties. Poor execution. Give credit to the Rams, they were in the right place at the right time on almost every play, but we simply did not execute. Coaches and players. but mostly I put this on the players. I can't help but think if McEvoy holds on to that first down pass we see a very different game. Struggled with field position all day. Couldn't stop the run. We did an alright job against Goff, forcing him off his spot and into rushed passes as he only had 120 yards. But when we got the ball back we did nothing. I think this game was a combination of injuries, and some of the worst timing for bad play I've ever seen.

Said on the board all you have to do is beat Gurley...and we let him MVP all over us on our ass all day

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seahawksny":2qssybs3 said:
SoulfishHawk":2qssybs3 said:
Yeah, Rams are gonna' get smoked in the playoffs. Maybe even one and done. And their home game will be a home game for whoever they play against.

I disagree, I think they can go to Super Bowl.
Gurley was playing with a purpose yesterday, and that D is very good.
Goff wont have to be a superstar to get them there.

Vikings absolutely manhandled the Rams earlier in the year and it looks like they would have to play @MINN again if they were to face eachother. They SHUT DOWN gurley with 15 carries, 37 yards and after scoring on their very first drive failed to score any more points. This was when the Rams were the #1 offense

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
RussB":2utbln4i said:
SoulfishHawk":2utbln4i said:
That's your opinion, not fact. They probably will win 1 game and lose the 2nd game on the road. And that's solid for a team who hasn't had a winning season since what 2004?

How is that just my opinion? They have proven all season they are a complete team that is legit.They just proved it again by running the seahawks out of their own stadium and beat the snot out of them in all aspects of football. They smashed them so bad that gurley didnt even play in the 4th. If he would have might have gotten 200 yards lol.
It is an opinion because they lost against the Vikings, Eagles, a healthy defense Seahawks. Them beating up a really beat up Seahawks and has no running game doesn't say much.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Eagles and Vikings are getting more beat up. Rams only major injury is their CB2. Things are falling lining up nicely for them.

Seafan

Reaction score
The loss to the Rams was predictable. The Hawks escaped LA due to 5 turnovers and dropped passes by the Rams.

The Rams have better players and coaches.

The MVP is too inconsistent and the defense is beaten up and worn down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hilarious. If the Hawks win a big game, it's somehow a fluke. If they lose, it's because they suck. Got it :roll:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mfa573f said:
Hilarious. If the Hawks win a big game, it's somehow a fluke. If they lose, it's because they suck. Got it :roll:

They are a mediocre team this year. Average. They are much more likely to lose to good teams (Packers, Falcons, Titans, Jags, Rams) than they are to beat one (Eagles). Lol. Why is it so hard? Most of our wins came at the expense of bottom feeders in the league with a couple against decent teams (Rams early in the season and Texans). Easiest schedule for Seattle in eons and they arent even going to make the playoffs. I realize its painful to swallow, but its right there for anybody to see. Its is a much bigger fluke for Seattle to beat a good team than them to lose to one. Dont be fooled into thinking the team is good. They are not.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its a lot easier being realistic than to constantly fooling yourself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Would much rather be wrong about thinking the Hawks would WIN a game than be RIGHT about them losing. What a miserable sports existence. Assuming the worst. So much fun.
Believe it or not, just because someone is positive about the team, doesn't mean they don't understand that the team has major issues.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I always have fun rooting for them, but I dont pretend they are something they arent. Before the season started, people were clamoring that the Hawks would go 12-4 or even 14-2. I laughed and said 10-6 would be the most they could hope for with 9-7 being more realistic. Here they are sitting at 8-6. While some people are calculating numbers in hopes of some miracle that the team could fall into the playoffs, i'm more concerned with changes that could help us be successful in the future. It is what it is.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":l10y430b said:
Believe it or not, just because someone is positive about the team, doesn't mean they don't understand that the team has major issues.

Believe it or not, a person that recognizes the teams issues and capabilities can still root for the team and be happy when they win. Works both ways.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1mu849ac said:
I always have fun rooting for them, but I dont pretend they are something they arent. Before the season started, people were clamoring that the Hawks would go 12-4 or even 14-2. I laughed and said 10-6 would be the most they could hope for with 9-7 being more realistic. Here they are sitting at 8-6. While some people are calculating numbers in hopes of some miracle that the team could fall into the playoffs, i'm more concerned with changes that could help us be successful in the future. It is what it is.
To be fair, we could have been 10 - 4 right now if we didn't have the worst kicker in the league that cost us 2 games, we have been dealing with injuries in our defense, and could have easily won the Jaguars game and made 11-3 if we had Wagner there, but he too left the game injured. We do have issues coming from our coaches and all, but the are real flukes that has cost us games this year. Injuries, incompetent kicker, Pete dumb trickery. Meanwhile you have the Rams that has had almost every player healthy, people forget we are pretty banged up right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To ignore the ridiculous amount of injuries is not looking at it honestly. And no team has played more games than the Hawks over the last 4 or 5 years. It def caught up with them this year. And they flat out gave away 2 or 3 games this year. The team isn't as bad as they are being made out to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2e1y52t9 said:
To ignore the ridiculous amount of injuries is not looking at honestly. And no team has played more games than the Hawks over the last 4 or 5 years. It def caught up with them this year. And they flat out gave away 2 or 3 games this year. The team isn't as bad as they are being made out to be.

Are the injuries just bad luck, or are the injuries because we've decided to hang onto our defensive stars too long?

Cause I'd say it's 75% the latter, and only 25% the former.

Why aren't teams like the Rams and Jags dealing with the same number of defensive injuries as us? Cause they're young, that's why.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1awhyjz7 said:
It's football, teams sometimes have seasons with a crazy amount of injuries. Not just because of age.

I didn't say it was JUST because of age, I did say age is a big factor. Old football players get hurt more than young football players.

If you're just chalking up the injuries to bad luck this year, then IMO you're not being honest with what's wrong with our defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, not just age, they have played more games than any team for the last several years, other than the Pats.

Seymour

Reaction score
When it comes to Sherman, Thomas, Kam and Avril, age was definitely the issue IMO. Both Sherm and Thomas (last year) had never even missed a game IIRC, and Avril was pretty reliable.

On the other side of the coin you have Prosise, Fant, Rawls, Davis, Carson ect that were all young. So a good point can be made with either side.