What was the point of drafting Richardson?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NoChops":1qwim2m0 said:
He is a rookie on a running team. Look at it this way. If he gets three catches a game for the rest of the season, he will finish with more receptions than Hall of Fame players Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin for their rookie years.

And yet even 3 receptions a game seems like a tall order at this point.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3e2vtxbh said:
It's a bad pick so far, especially for how good this crop of rookie WRs has been.
Like I said, any rookie WR in our O as it is today will not look great. It's a sad reality. Don't blame the pick.

pehawk

Reaction score
This FO seems to swing from the fences on their initial picks. They go for boom or busts types, with at least one freakish attribute. Early success later in the draft has seemingly only furthered that strategy.

I think Richardson fits that bill.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":w8ygkn16 said:
SonicHawk":w8ygkn16 said:
It's a bad pick so far, especially for how good this crop of rookie WRs has been.
Like I said, any rookie WR in our O as it is today will not look great. It's a sad reality. Don't blame the pick.

I can blame the pick all I want, he had trouble finding a starting job on this team until 8 weeks into the season and a starter leaving the team. Since then Richardson has been as special as a pile of leaves in the fall.

At some point it's ok to look at our FO and say that they haven't been perfect. They built a Superb Owl winning team, I have ultimate faith in them, but still, they messed up again early in the draft.

blazen2392

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1kb5e6ah said:

Its not him, its our offense. Tate would never have been considered an "it" factor receiver, now he leads he is 4th leading the league in receiving yards.

McG

Reaction score
I think we all would have hated to have a legit OL prospect, considering our OL is so amazing right now. THANK GOODNESS we didn't grab someone who can protect Wilson. It would be so annoying to see him be able to throw the ball without seeing 4 360's before he tosses it off his back foot.

Reaction score
NoChops":33vrdwo6 said:
He is a rookie on a running team. Look at it this way. If he gets three catches a game for the rest of the season, he will finish with more receptions than Hall of Fame players Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin for their rookie years.

Uhhh... What numbers are you reading? He needs 3x his current receptions and 10x his current yards to reach Rice and there are only 6 games left.

13 + 18 is somehow > 59 receptions?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Given the chronic mismanagement of the WR position, is anyone really surprised he's doing nothing? This front office has shown it is pretty clueless when it comes to drafting WRs, and after they finally developed a good one in Tate they let him walk because of the Harvin debacle. It's year 5 and the two best WRs on the team are UDFAs who are nice complementary pieces only. WR is clearly the position they struggle with the most.