What's the plan at IDL?

Scout

Reaction score
They will draft an iDL at some point but signing a vet is very likely as well.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
It’s going to be hard to sign anyone at this point. Very little money left. They have to restructure someone to even sign the rookies.

Scout

Reaction score
It’s going to be hard to sign anyone at this point. Very little money left. They have to restructure someone to even sign the rookies.
I think that is overblown as the Saints have shown for many years.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think that is overblown as the Saints have shown for many years.
right?

I've had a feeling that there's still 1 or 2 big FA signings coming......

They can find money if needed....

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like we have to be moving back to more of a traditional 4-3 look to me but even if thats is the case we still need at least 2 more DT's.

Reed, Jones, Adams, Mone are the 4 DL at the moment and Mone is coming off a injury.

Shelby Harris, Poona, Woods all remain unsigned so I'm sure there's always a chance to bring one of those guts back. They can find the money if they want.

Would be interesting to know the plan. I wouldn't be shocked to see a JS trade coming soon. A little Justin Colman like trade for the DL would be nice.

renofox

Reaction score
The board fell very badly for PCJS re: IDL. They stuck with BPA which is a very good thing.

There's still a few 3-4 DEs on the board that will be suitable for rotation. They already acquired Jones and Reed in FA.

It seems PCJS don't place much marginal value on NT (just like with C), and there are plenty of 330+ bodies left and many will be UDFA.

Jac

Reaction score
What's exciting is that these four players help further close the talent gap on San Francisco. There's going to be a lot of young talent all over this roster and some very strong (top-5 type) position groups.