When will Pete learn?

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2f8pc0qy said:
Crizilla":2f8pc0qy said:
He plays Fant in pre season game number 2 during mid 2nd quarter. What happens? Gone for year.

Plays Carson during a blowout with 8 min left. What happens? Gone for year.

Why why why why why why why was he in the game?

Why? Because that's how you finish out the game. You chew up the clock with your running game and your main back.
Not when you have 2 (or 3 if you count Madden) other running backs that are capable of finishing out the game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Only 53 players on an NFL team. This is why th y changed the pre-season cut rules so you would have more backups for game 4

Not a lot of options. RW was playing and this isn't week 15

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
How did I know it would be Crizilla making this thread. <3

bmorepunk

Reaction score
sutz":2z09y84g said:
Two weeks ago, how many carries did Carson have when we ran out the clock in the 4th quarter?

It's football, injuries happen. We all hate it. But that's the game.

People want to go back to the team of yesteryear (2013) a lot around here.

The most underrated thing that team did was get up by a little (or a lot), and grind out a time-eating drive to end the game. They didn't take that Lynch guy out to do it. They kept their best back on the field to secure the win. You can't not play the guys you need when you need them.

Also, Carson has been really good for the short period he's been around, but I think he's been elevated too much towards being Lynch or Warner. A blow to the team, but he's not some perennial All-Pro. Hopefully someone else can step up and play.

evergreen

Reaction score
It sucks so hard you can measure it on a rictor scale. But having seen how electric mkissic was there is some hope. Not much but some. St least Wilson didn't suck.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Seanhawk":11sws9to said:
Crizilla":11sws9to said:
He plays Fant in pre season game number 2 during mid 2nd quarter. What happens? Gone for year.

Plays Carson during a blowout with 8 min left. What happens? Gone for year.

Why why why why why why why was he in the game?

Seriously? Fant? He was in there along with all the rest of the starters.
But with our line's experience and previous success it's not like they needed the practice :les:

I guess tonight you can argue they should have used Lacy to close out the game, but normally you go with your #1 in that scenario, and getting Carson some extra reps doesn't seem like a bad thing.

It sucks, for the team and even more so the players involved to lose them, but it's an unfortunate part of the game. I can't really fault coaching decisions for either of these.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2bqciqxl said:
I saw it. I'm just saying sometimes injuries aren't as bad as they look on screen. Or, sometimes an injury doesn't look like much but it's major. Hence why I hold my breath for the seemingly minor injuries from the eye test but am optimistic if it looks somewhat bad.
You never know. The combination of the replay, how he was carted off the field, and the fact it involved the knee/leg area certainly looks season ending, but until we hear from the team I'll hold out some small sliver of hope it's not.

sutz

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":29jp9x5w said:
Scorpion05":29jp9x5w said:
I saw it. I'm just saying sometimes injuries aren't as bad as they look on screen. Or, sometimes an injury doesn't look like much but it's major. Hence why I hold my breath for the seemingly minor injuries from the eye test but am optimistic if it looks somewhat bad.
You never know. The combination of the replay, how he was carted off the field, and the fact it involved the knee/leg area certainly looks season ending, but until we hear from the team I'll hold out some small sliver of hope it's not.
From the boot he was wearing, it looked more like ankle/lower leg than knee. Still was an ugly injury. I'd bet at least 8-10 weeks if then.

Seymour

Reaction score
So we should leave Wilson, Graham, Baldwin in and pull Carson because he the 3 week old superstar?

Tough break but you pound the rock in that situation and that is what we did.

Looked like a Lockett type break to me more than a knee. Pretty much assured he's done for the season either way. Really tough luck for the young rookie that was on point. :(

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was actually wondering why we wouldn't use that time to see if Lacy could get his feet under him and to see what we have there even before the injury so maybe I'm nuts but I agree at least on some levels. I thought he should of been out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1858d0b1 said:
He's for sure done for the year and for maybe even longer. His entire lower right leg was obliterated on the tackle.

He hurt his left leg.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
JimmyG":3ffcc3rt said:
Scorpion05":3ffcc3rt said:
Agreed, but I mean... it's not just a matter of the injury looking gruesome -- look at the manner he was taken off the field, that speaks more about the nature of the injury I think. I can't see him playing again this year.

I feel where you're coming from, but sometimes that's more about caution, as in not putting too much pressure on it

Again I'm likely wrong, but I'm praying I'm a little right

Latest posts