Where are we on Kris Richard?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm inclined to give him a pass for the inconsistencies overall, I mean, #1 scoring Defense, AGAIN. No 'complaints' from me.
My only concerns have been addressed and/or worked themselves out.

The end of this upcoming season will tell the real truth, as mentioned above by a few of you.
But overall, I like the guy. He walked into a not so minor cluster of stuff completely out of his control (Kam, player health, losing Norton, KAM, and Cary emeffing Williams, etc.). I say "Pretty tasty lemonade, Kris! But let's see if he can make it 'sweeter' this season before we toss his recipe book in the trash...

SEASON. CAN'T. START. SOON. ENOUGH.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It's not like he had to call plays early on in the season with Sherman and Earl and Lane coming back from injuries or having to deal with Chancellor holding out or the entire team blaming the other side of the ball for losing the Super Bowl. He did a horrible job. :sarcasm_off: Yet, the Seahawks led the league in points allowed again. I doubt anyone available could have done a better job.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I'm good with Kris this year for the reasons many of you mentioned - injuries, Kam, coaching turnover , SB loss hangover ... yet still achieved not only #1 scoring defense, but #2 in total defense, #1 rushing and #2 passing. That's pretty good for a rookie.

Obviously there are some things he needs to improve on, but I expect him to take another step this year.

No Kris Richard concerns from me at this point.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
As for Richard, a B-. He inherited a lot of vets from the previous coaches while there wasn't a monumental fail, he didn't add anything to improve the defense either.

What did Greg Olsen, (twice), Tyler Eiffert, Jared Cook, Gary Barnridge....all had in common? They all were TEs that had big games against the Seahawks. Covering TE has been a two season issue and it's the one area of weakness teams know how to exploit consistently. That has to change.

A

Anonymous

It's funny, because all of you are pronouncing his name: (RIT-cherd), like Richard Sherman, in your posts.

His last name being "Richard" its pronounced: (rih-SHARRD) as in the French-Canadian way, will a touch more rrr sound too. Your em-FASS-sis is being placed on the wrong Sil-A-bull.

Just sayin...

:mrgreen:

rideaducati

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":dfrivn94 said:
It's funny, because all of you are pronouncing his name: (RIT-cherd), like Richard Sherman, in your posts.

His last name being "Richard" its pronounced: (rih-SHARRD) as in the French-Canadian way, will a touch more rrr sound too. Your em-FASS-sis is being placed on the wrong Sil-A-bull.

Just sayin...

Being that you are READING what people are WRITING, how do I learn how to read minds? I promise I will only use it to hear how they would pronounce words they are typing.

Rocket

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3oxggl3a said:

Just sayin...

Damn... that was downright scholarly of ya.
Bravo

Atradees

Reaction score
We will see him adjust to new personnel. The defense is evolving into something that is his. I feel we were missing some of the physical play we were known for that caused the turnovers. Richard did well considering the key injuries. Cary was a major flub and that cost us. Reed is coming on board. How will Quinton Jefferson fit in the rotation? Will Hill still figure into the rotation? Will Browner have that Boom or will he be a liability? Can Shead become a rock at corner? Does Chris Clemons still have a motor? Who declines this year and how is that masked?

So there are alotta challenges ahead. Kris will have a chance to prove himself.

In any regard what a job to inherit.

A

Anonymous

rideaducati":2k0g1voz said:
HoustonHawk82":2k0g1voz said:

Just sayin...

Being that you are READING what people are WRITING, how do I learn how to read minds? I promise I will only use it to hear how they would pronounce words they are typing.

If I told you, I'd have to....

Well, you know.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kris was also working under the tutelage of Carroll last year a lot, Carroll has said he has good game day instincts, when he is left more to his own devices and feels more comfortable we will see more of what kind of DC he is. With a healthy and complete defense I think the aggressive aspects of Richards game calling and attacking style will show itself more. He played that way and taught that as a DB coach, I expect some of that to come out in his calling more without a liability on the corner and a healthy midfield and D line.