Where is our running game?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
1/3 of the game is on my computer! That was fast. wow. Cannot wait to watch it tonight.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hawks46":z86i3jxo said:
I honestly don't know why we didn't see a bit of Michael in there. Someone fresher and more explosive might have had some good runs against that defense. When they're run blitzing, if you can get past the line of scrimmage, you're in for a good game.

That's the real question... where's CMike? If we are really going to rely on Turbin when Lynch isn't ready... :shock:

Only explanation is his attitude is so bad the coaches just don't even want to give him a chance. CMike clapped his hands together angrily after the huddle last week against KC, one can only conclude he was openly pissed off that he wasn't going to get the ball and the coaches won't accept that kind of attitude.

It seems like myself and many others have been wondering why CMike doesn't get more playing time since he seems to be our only chance to have a good running game without Lynch... he's also very explosive so it's a no brainer really. But I guess CMike and the coaches just don't get along he must have a very bad attitude and he's probably having trouble with consistently executing all of his duties on field.

Dismas

Reaction score
Tokadub":29doiikf said:
Hawks46":29doiikf said:
I honestly don't know why we didn't see a bit of Michael in there. Someone fresher and more explosive might have had some good runs against that defense. When they're run blitzing, if you can get past the line of scrimmage, you're in for a good game.

That's the real question... where's CMike? If we are really going to rely on Turbin when Lynch isn't ready... :shock:

Only explanation is his attitude is so bad the coaches just don't even want to give him a chance. CMike clapped his hands together angrily after the huddle last week against KC, one can only conclude he was openly pissed off that he wasn't going to get the ball and the coaches won't accept that kind of attitude.

It seems like myself and many others have been wondering why CMike doesn't get more playing time since he seems to be our only chance to have a good running game without Lynch... he's also very explosive so it's a no brainer really. But I guess CMike and the coaches just don't get along he must have a very bad attitude and he's probably having trouble with consistently executing all of his duties on field.

Marshawn once flipped off the coaches when he wasn't getting the rock . . I haveno other evidence to support my opinion, but I am pretty sure being pissedoff for success is not something the coached frown too hard on.

C Mike has been kind of a limbo guy for a long while now. With Marshawn being Marshawn, and Turbo having already proven he is a safe option at backup, I am guessing C Mike just hasn't been able to show enough to take snaps away from them.

Not sure whether he was inactive or just got no snaps, bur I wouldn't be shocked to learn that all the injuries to tother positions has made 3rd RB a low priority on the gameday active list.

BASF

Reaction score
Hawks46":1mn1jw20 said:
I honestly don't know why we didn't see a bit of Michael in there.

I think with the announcers stating that Pete didn't want to give the Cards a lifeline with a turnover would be the reason here. Whether or not it is justified, C-Mike is not perceived as a ball security type. I know he had the fumbles early in the season, but he did seem to be better. Perhaps he is losing the ball in practice and Pete doesn't want to risk it, especially when the Cards have been converting turnovers into TD's.

pehawk

Reaction score
Allegedly Michael is so dense he can't remember assignments. He's so fundamentally unsound he can't hold the ball in left side of body.

Whenever a new play is introduced he starts Abbot and Costello's "who's on first".

I made up the second paragraph. But, the first has been confirmed twice.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Arizona's run D isn't that good.

Our line is just not that good and Lynch is hurt.

marko358

Reaction score
SonicHawk":schkw17n said:

Heading into yesterday's game they were giving up 81 yards per game but you can continue making false claims.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot that they sucked against passing, not rushing. Got my notes mixed up.

OP
OP
R

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
pehawk":2fmvlhxu said:
Allegedly Michael is so dense he can't remember assignments. He's so fundamentally unsound he can't hold the ball in left side of body.

Whenever a new play is introduced he starts Abbot and Costello's "who's on first".

Well atleast he doesn't stare at where he plans to run or announce a first down prematurely right?
I'm curious if Christine's mother is to blame for his confusion and mental lapses but I'll defer further comment.

OP
OP
R

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I'm still inclined to think he's more of the devil car 'Christine' rather than the 'Streetcar named Desire'.
I hope the third year is the charm for him.

Cartire

Reaction score
People wanted to see CMike yesterday? Really? Geesh. Yesterday was not the day to use Cmike.

Ozzy

Reaction score
pehawk":3sniqu89 said:
Yes. You can DL the Sunday Ticket App and watch it on your phone or laptop. If you live in the Midwest, I cant guarantee it'll work on a rotary.

My advice would be to speak up maybe? IDK. Last year I gave my login to a Hawks fan in NYC to use all year.

There's also tons of good sites to illegal watch them too.

Nothing to add to the original topic but this is stand up Ryan. Stuff like this makes this board worthwhile. Vetamur hooked me up earlier in the year as well. Love it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Where was our running game?

Our running game was playing against one of the best running defenses in the league and managed to be only the 2nd team this season to gain more than a hundred yards in a game against them. 124 yards to be exact. I fail to see how that isn't considered pretty successful.

byau

Reaction score
marko358":3irl1uj9 said:
SonicHawk":3irl1uj9 said:

Heading into yesterday's game they were giving up 81 yards per game but you can continue making false claims.

Right - wasn't the stat mentioned that they were 3rd in the NFL? Sure you can argue stats aren't everything, but that sounds pretty darn good to me.

Seems that both teams D committed to stopping the run and making the QB win the game with passing. Wouldn't surprise me since Stanton is...well, he is a backup. And Russell's passing game recently hasn't been super tight.

So not surprising either that both teams rushing games suffered.

I'm really glad that the Seahawks still committed to mixing in the run, it looked like the Cardinals D did finally start to wear out in the 4th quarter which seemed to be one of their best quarters over the course of this season

In the end, both teams seemed to do great with the run, and it was the Seahawks better passing D, passing O, and special teams getting us better field position than Arizona's special teams (wow the AZ punter seemed really horrible) that we got the win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":2fsjhydi said:

You know, I had totally forgotten that he can only hold the ball in his right hand. The only thought I had for last game was that the pass pro was so bad, that Michael missing blocking assignments would be exacerbated in that game (no, Pe, I didn't say "masturbated"...settle down !).

Ball security is probably the thing there. One fumble could've lost us the game. I was thinking in terms of Michael spelling Lynch and adding some fresh legs and explosiveness to the offense. Lynch didn't seem right; he was hardly breaking tackles and pushing people back. Turbin actually seemed a bit more effective in there when he ran. He was getting better push on most plays (although there was one play he might've had a TD, but he got tripped by someone grabbing his ankle while running through the hole, lol).