Whew!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man these games are shaving hours off my life. In the end, we kept a Bills team giving it all they had from pulling off the upset. I am so happy for Jimmy Graham that his sick performance wasn't all for naught. I'm at a loss for words for how amazing that cat is. Not one but TWO incredible one-handed circus catches for TDs? That leap?? W O W .

Credit to Bevell for finally utilizing him for more than a blocker. This is an All Pro Tight End and I am so happy that he is becoming one of our offensive top Go To guys. 6'7" stud with incredible hands and a 747 wingspan? Yes please.

Russell is most definitely getting healthier. If I had to guess I would put him around 85% which sure beats the 60+% from just a couple weeks ago. I doubt we will see 100% Wilson the rest of this season but even if he can get to 90%, that's good enough to win deep in the post season.

A definite tip o' the lid to the Bills. They clearly gave us their very best shot and they impressed. Especially Tyrod Taylor, Shady and Woods...Some of those tip toe sideline catches were Largent-esque. Their perpetually shifting looks on offense clearly had our defense on their heels for much of the night. They are the best looking 4-5 team I've ever seen in my life.

STUDS: B Wags had another monster game. Jimmy Graham was out of his mind. Cliff Avril (who was being held on nearly every freakin' play) was in the backfield all game long and Russell Wilson looked as close to his healthy self as we have seen all year.

DUDS: Jeremy Lane is the weakest link on our starting defensive unit in my eyes. He just looked lost out there last night. Our 3rd down defense is just horrible right now. We can't blame it all on the offense not sustaining drives...The defense can't seem to get off the field and that was most surprising against a Bills offense that wasn't generally known for being all that prolific.

STILL MIA: Our running game is not only MIA but flat lined. The OL is doing fairly well with pass pro but run blocking is horrific. The RBs share a little bit in the blame too, but for the most part, the OL simply aren't creating holes and lanes for even mild 2-3 yard gains. Too often the backs are being met at the line of scrimmage and being tackled for no or next to no gain.

Loved the salute to the military...The vet who sang the anthem was one of the best renditions I've ever heard. I thought the 12's were very loud in spots, but the Bills helped keep the roar to 10 instead of 12 for much of the second half by their sustained drives.

Offense showed up...Defense gave up way too many yards and points in my mind. Still, they made some big plays as well, and closed the game out in the end.

Getting healthy at the right time. It will be great to have Bennett and Kam back soon, along with Luke and others.

We have been the best in the NFL for years record-wise from November 1st on. Let's keep that trend going.

GO HAWKS!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't quite understand the sentiment that Bevell is finally utilizing Graham as more than a blocker. He has three 100 yard games and he had 89 yards in another. That's four top notch receiving games for a TE in 8 games and you have to take into account that they eased him into the year the first two games. I've been very happy with the way he's been utilized him this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lane has regressed mightily and this team needs Bennett badly. We can't stop 3rd down conversions at all anymore.

You have to give the Bills credit however.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":32g1zzii said:
I don't quite understand the sentiment that Bevell is finally utilizing Graham as more than a blocker. He has three 100 yard games and he had 89 yards in another. That's four top notch receiving games for a TE in 8 games and you have to take into account that they eased him into the year the first two games. I've been very happy with the way he's been utilized him this year.

He's been being used this year; I've seen a lot of people upset because he doesn't get the action in the end zone like he did in this game. He was a TD machine in New Orleans, so people expect it.

But he's been a huge factor since the SF game.

Now if there could just be a running game on top of this.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
the entire offense flatlined in the second half. still at least they showed a pulse in the first half.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seanhawk":l958qabi said:

My comment was based on last year...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":llzk6ciw said:
Lane has regressed mightily and this team needs Bennett badly. We can't stop 3rd down conversions at all anymore.

You have to give the Bills credit however.

Yeah Lane had arguably his worst game ever, and none of the LOB had a great game. WAY too many missed tackles and bad coverage.

But not all their fault, we didn't get any push up the middle without Bennett collapsing the pocket. Taylor had far too much time and far too clean of a pocket for most of the game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":3c9sy9uc said:
Man these games are shaving hours off my life. In the end, we kept a Bills team giving it all they had from pulling off the upset. I am so happy for Jimmy Graham that his sick performance wasn't all for naught. I'm at a loss for words for how amazing that cat is. Not one but TWO incredible one-handed circus catches for TDs? That leap?? W O W .

Credit to Bevell for finally utilizing him for more than a blocker. This is an All Pro Tight End and I am so happy that he is becoming one of our offensive top Go To guys. 6'7" stud with incredible hands and a 747 wingspan? Yes please.

Russell is most definitely getting healthier. If I had to guess I would put him around 85% which sure beats the 60+% from just a couple weeks ago. I doubt we will see 100% Wilson the rest of this season but even if he can get to 90%, that's good enough to win deep in the post season.

A definite tip o' the lid to the Bills. They clearly gave us their very best shot and they impressed. Especially Tyrod Taylor, Shady and Woods...Some of those tip toe sideline catches were Largent-esque. Their perpetually shifting looks on offense clearly had our defense on their heels for much of the night. They are the best looking 4-5 team I've ever seen in my life.

STUDS: B Wags had another monster game. Jimmy Graham was out of his mind. Cliff Avril (who was being held on nearly every freakin' play) was in the backfield all game long and Russell Wilson looked as close to his healthy self as we have seen all year.

DUDS: Jeremy Lane is the weakest link on our starting defensive unit in my eyes. He just looked lost out there last night. Our 3rd down defense is just horrible right now. We can't blame it all on the offense not sustaining drives...The defense can't seem to get off the field and that was most surprising against a Bills offense that wasn't generally known for being all that prolific.

STILL MIA: Our running game is not only MIA but flat lined. The OL is doing fairly well with pass pro but run blocking is horrific. The RBs share a little bit in the blame too, but for the most part, the OL simply aren't creating holes and lanes for even mild 2-3 yard gains. Too often the backs are being met at the line of scrimmage and being tackled for no or next to no gain.

Loved the salute to the military...The vet who sang the anthem was one of the best renditions I've ever heard. I thought the 12's were very loud in spots, but the Bills helped keep the roar to 10 instead of 12 for much of the second half by their sustained drives.

Offense showed up...Defense gave up way too many yards and points in my mind. Still, they made some big plays as well, and closed the game out in the end.

Getting healthy at the right time. It will be great to have Bennett and Kam back soon, along with Luke and others.

We have been the best in the NFL for years record-wise from November 1st on. Let's keep that trend going.

GO HAWKS!

I agree Todd, the stress gets to me also.

Makes me wonder how the old guys like Rob do it:{)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1x3ol997 said:
Yeah Lane had arguably his worst game ever, and none of the LOB had a great game. WAY too many missed tackles and bad coverage. But not all their fault, we didn't get any push up the middle without Bennett collapsing the pocket. Taylor had far too much time and far too clean of a pocket for most of the game.

Yeah I lost count of the missed tackles. Worst I've seen of this unit. Taylor could do his taxes all day back there. One of the worst defensive performances I've seen from this PC Era as a whole.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glad they held on for the W but the defense was downright embarrassing from the get go. They let the Bills score on their first 3 possessions. Those juggernauts - Buffalo Bills :34853_doh:. Lane was terrible in Saints game too (aside from the OPI non-calls). Is Marcus Burley still available....

chris98251

Reaction score
Give credit to the Bills OC, they were calling shit from the playground, name a formation and they ran it and then so0me that nobody has dreamed up yet. They were staying home and trying to react to reaction and keep guys from busting big plays. Also think about the minutes played by this defense this year, way more then the offense. I would bet they have the equivalent of 12 to 13 games of playing time already based on our typical seasons.

The Run game, running games in football are about desire and want, it starts on the line and goes to the RB, they desire to get into the dirt and bust your balls driving a guy a direction he doesn't want to go, the RB's desire to run thru arm tackles and glancing hits and not go down. Were bigger on the line then we have ever been, Cable preaches the Run game and is just recently focusing on some pass blocking, but these guys have been doing Zone blocking 101 since camp. No excuse really.

It needs to be fixed, and yesterday. It's just not about Rawls, where has Collins been?

sam1313

Reaction score
Give the defense a break. There was no film on these guys. They just replaced their offensive coordinator 3 weeks ago. And their quarterback was playing out of his mind. THEY get a pass for the 1st half.