Whitehurst gets 2 year deal!?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1rc1iae2 said:
According to Sportrac, it's a 2 year/$4.25m contract. Only $2m guaranteed and can be cut next year. Might have more available through incentives.

Still too much.

Too much but yes, its largely incentive based.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2b2n865t said:
1st ballot Hall-of-Famer for clipboard holding.
This. CBJ's poise, awareness, skill set, and confidence in his clipboard holding skills is unmatched in the history of the NFL, though Hugh Millen claims he was better at it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kidhawk":ldq0auca said:
Seahawk Sailor":ldq0auca said:
And Kid, Hass is a Colt; has been for a year or two now.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he'd signed a two-year deal with the Colts before last season and I hadn't heard about him being cut, so I was a little surprised to read someone in here say he was a free agent.
That was me. He's listed as a UFA on ESPN's Free Agent Tracker, but Sportrac does have him listed as under contract to Indy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He must have the greatest agent of all time. I hope who ever reps him stays far away from RW...... And TJack for that matter.

docj78

Reaction score
Unbelievable. How he keeps bilking teams of all that money is beyond me, when there are proven guys floating around out there. Just baffling!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
docj78":4s1vufoy said:
Unbelievable. How he keeps bilking teams of all that money is beyond me, when there are proven guys floating around out there. Just baffling!!
He won the NFC West for the Seahawks!!!!11

KK84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39vsqja2 said:
docj78":39vsqja2 said:

I thought the Rams won that one for us.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KK84":187nk3py said:
RolandDeschain":187nk3py said:
docj78":187nk3py said:

I thought the Rams won that one for us.
Nope, it was all Charlie. We had more than a few forum members that wanted him to start over Hasselbeck for the game the following week against the Saints in the playoffs, too. I wanted to strangle a kitten. (Or SacHawk.)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1rj29izw said:
kidhawk":1rj29izw said:
Seahawk Sailor":1rj29izw said:
And Kid, Hass is a Colt; has been for a year or two now.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he'd signed a two-year deal with the Colts before last season and I hadn't heard about him being cut, so I was a little surprised to read someone in here say he was a free agent.
That was me. He's listed as a UFA on ESPN's Free Agent Tracker, but Sportrac does have him listed as under contract to Indy.

Well that doesn't speak very well to ESPN's accuracy...not the the NFL site is any better (as we all know)

DavidSeven":1rj29izw said:
According to Sportrac, it's a 2 year/$4.25m contract. Only $2m guaranteed and can be cut next year. Might have more available through incentives.

Still too much.

That sounds more like what I thought I'd heard originally. Sounds like some reporters heard $4 million and jumped to the annually conclusion instead of over the life of the contract. I do agree though, for a guy who hasn't proven to be more than a glorified waterboy, it's still too much. How teams sign him for more than the vet minimum amazes me.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Whisenhunt traded and drafted his way into the worst quarterback group in the NFL while at Arizona. Looks like he hasn't lost his touch.