Who are the players on the bubble?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has to cut to 53 by 4 p.m. EDT on the 30th. This means they will need to cut/waive 28 players some of whom will brought back on the PS. Some will be designated recallable PUP, put on IR all of which may allow them to defer the cuts to later.

Who to you looks to be unlikely to make the team, is perhaps a PS player for now, and what position groups need strengthening???

I appreciate this is just prior to the final preseason game (so it's perhaps slightly early). Some of these guys may need to show up big time against Dallas to keep a spot on the roster.

For me on O: (18)

QB- Eason
RBs- Thompson, Johnson, Rivers
WRs- Melton, Johnson, Hart, Artega-Whiteside, Fuller, Kassis, Young.
OTs- Ryan, Forsythe
OGs- Shepley,
OC- Fuller
TEs- Parkinson, Mabry, Brewer

On D: (16)

DEs: Collier, Onujiogu
DTs: Adams, Hewitt
ILBs: Donkor, Dublanko, Muse, Williams,
CBs: Reid, Coleman, Houston,
FS: Blair, Blount, Nelson
SS: Williams, Jones

Total = 34

Are there others, are there reasons why a bubble player should be kept?

The interior LBs look to be the weakest position group, besides the QBs.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The team has to cut to 53 by 4 p.m. EDT on the 30th. This means they will need to cut/waive 28 players some of whom will brought back on the PS. Some will be designated recallable PUP, put on IR all of which may allow them to defer the cuts to later.

Who to you looks to be unlikely to make the team, is perhaps a PS player for now, and what position groups need strengthening???

I appreciate this is just prior to the final preseason game (so it's perhaps slightly early). Some of these guys may need to show up big time against Dallas to keep a spot on the roster.

QB- Eason
OTs- Ryan, Forsythe
OGs- Shepley,
OC- Fuller

Total = 34

Any thoughts?
If Kyle Fuller and Shepley are both cut...who's the backup center? Since they are both listed as OC's on the Seahawk depth chart - https://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don’t disagree, it could be one or the other. Shepley was playing @ OG earlier in camp. For the team it might be clear to keep him rather than Fuller. Either could be on the bubble however.

Last edited:

Sun Tzu

Reaction score

QB- Eason
OTs- Ryan, Forsythe
OGs- Shepley,
OC- Fuller

Total = 34

Any thoughts?
I may be proven wrong very soon, but I think Jones is much closer to starting (or at least playing in 3 safety looks) than getting cut.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ok I've heard that too, so that means Blair is likely in big trouble.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Ok I've heard that too, so that means Blair is likely in big trouble.
I think the missed preseason tackles are not helping Blair's chances. At this point, I think Blair's only shot is one of the potential NBs getting injured between now and cuts.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect you are right, he's been very unavailable with one injury after another as well so he's not developed as anticipated. I'd keep Jones and Neal over Blair myself.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
The LJ Collier situation is super weird, considering I don't believe he's even played during the preseason due to an ELBOW injury? How does an Elbow keep a DL out for that long. Is their some financial incentive to cutting him after no play-time or something? Pete's been super weird about it, I wonder if they've been trying to trade him is my guess.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Don’t disagree, it could be one or the other. Shelpley was playing @ OG earlier in camp. For the team it might be clear to keep him rather than Fuller. Either could be on the bubble however.
No worries. Honestly, I wish they would have gotten rid of Fuller last year. He's deadweight and doesn't really bring much to the table. I was hoping they would have brought in JC Tretter but now he has retired that ship has sailed. Tretter and Blythe would have upgraded the OC position.

Coleman on the bubble is a surprise. However, with Bryant showing his versatility and it may be hard to keep him off the field, it does make Coleman expendable. How have the years changed...Coleman would have been a lock last year and the year before but he left for money then. I wonder if they did a last minute trade, what they could get for some of these guys. Coleman should be able to garner at least a 5th or 6th round pick I would think.

keasley45

Reaction score
I suspect you are right, he's been very unavailable with one injury after another as well so he's not developed as anticipated. I'd keep Jones and Neal over Blair myself.

I think they'll feel like they have to keep Blair because they chose him over Amadi. Agree though, he's been off. But I think with him, like others, without three field generals out there keeping things in order and emotions in check... things look chaotic, and players, lost.

Not having Adams, Diggs and Brooks out there calling the shots on this defense, and without at least one vet corner consistently on the field, it's the equivalent of the LOB defense being without Kam, Earl, Bobby and Sherm... in their heyday. I mean, you remember how we fell off in those days when even just Kam was out. Having all of them out and in their place starting rookies? I'm surprised our D hasn't looked worse.

getnasty

Reaction score
Blair isnt getting cut. He's a stud that just needs to stay healthy.

Scout

Reaction score
Based on what I have seen from pre season there will be surprise cuts and lot of waiver wire pickups.