Who Else Has Been Looking Ahead To Wk5 @ Cinci?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FLhawkfan":1olz164o said:
Seahawkfan80":1olz164o said:
Going to the game. My friend in the area is going to the Ohio state game and the cincy game with his brother that is flying in. That makes at least 5 Seahawk Fans going to the game.
Go Hawks.

I'll be there too! So, obviously I'm looking forward to the game! :0190l:

Some of us are staying across the crick..or for us out west creek...I think that is what they call the Ohio River. We shall probably find a place to enjoy the atmosphere on Sat eve. I will wear my golf shirt with my Hass jersey. Hope to see you there.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not looking ahead to it, but I don't agree with all the people that have said that even if we start 0-2, we should be able to get to 6-2 pretty easily. A road game against one of the best 10 teams in the NFL is never anything close to a gimme. That said, I think we match up really well. AJ Green is their difference maker, and you have to think we match up pretty well against him. I like us, but it's certainly a big game.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is a QB that can be rattled. The Seahawks need to get a couple of hits on him early, and take away AJ Green. If we do this, and force Dalton to beat us with his arm we can bait him into a mistake or two. I'm confident that we can shut down Bernard. We absolutely cannot afford to get into a shootout with the Bengals.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll be there. I'm gonna kill 3 birds with one stone: Canton and the HOF on Friday, Columbus and Maryland/Ohio State on Saturday, Cincinnati and the Hawks/Bengals on Sunday.

marko358

Reaction score
Watching them give the Chiefs offensive line fits. Could be a long day for our offense.

Largent80

Reaction score
We need a pretty balanced game to beat Cincy after watching their game today. We need to have a big game manana.

chris98251

Reaction score
We need to get by the Lions, seems people think this game is going to be a show up and get the win. I get the feeling those that do will be like the dude that thinks he has a chick bagged and ready to tag only to have her shut him down cold at the end of the night with " oh I forgot to tell you I'm married"

CHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":qv1ym3md said:
I'll be there. I'm gonna kill 3 birds with one stone: Canton and the HOF on Friday, Columbus and Maryland/Ohio State on Saturday, Cincinnati and the Hawks/Bengals on Sunday.

All over Ohio! Hope to catch up with some of guys at the game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not a must-win by any means. Last year we started 3-3. This would be a big win for home-field in the NFC though. But I still think we can win the division if we start 2-3 and the Cards move to 5-0. Just look at the Cards upcoming schedule, it gets real tough after week 5:

@Detroit
@Pittsburgh
vs Baltimore
@ Cleveland
BYE
@ Seattle
vs Cincinnati
@San Francisco
@ St Louis

6 of their next 8 games are on the road. 3 of those road games will be on the east coast (west coast team playing a 10am game). AZ gets a bit of a break with Big Ben being out, but Pitt is still a good team. After the bye week, those 4 games are brutal: 3 divisonal road games plus a home game against a good Bengals team. I know SF and STL hasn't looked good this year, but everyone knows road games in the division aren't easy. I think they go 3-5 on this 8 game stint

@Detroit...they don't really scare anyone at home, but I give them a 35-40% chance to win that game, based upon the health of both teams. Cards are looking pretty good.

@ Pitt....that's too easy. Roethlisburger will be out. Cards win.

vs. Baltimore. Ravens just seem off this year. They're not good, they took a Vick led Stealers team to OT to beat them, and it took 2 easy missed FG's to do that.

@ Cleveland. Really ?

I think after their bye their schedule looks brutal. @Seattle, Cincy, @ SF and @ STL (who they just lost to at home) could very realistically be 1-3 for the Cards.

As for our Cincy game, I'm reserving judgement until after the Mon night game. We're typically strong in Prime Time, and if we don't easily handle a LIons team that is very league average, at home, then I'm not too confident we go on the road to Cincy and beat them. They're rolling right now and even Dalton is looking pretty good.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawks46":3uaz1d51 said:
It's not a must-win by any means. Last year we started 3-3. This would be a big win for home-field in the NFC though. But I still think we can win the division if we start 2-3 and the Cards move to 5-0. Just look at the Cards upcoming schedule, it gets real tough after week 5:

@Detroit
@Pittsburgh
vs Baltimore
@ Cleveland
BYE
@ Seattle
vs Cincinnati
@San Francisco
@ St Louis

6 of their next 8 games are on the road. 3 of those road games will be on the east coast (west coast team playing a 10am game). AZ gets a bit of a break with Big Ben being out, but Pitt is still a good team. After the bye week, those 4 games are brutal: 3 divisonal road games plus a home game against a good Bengals team. I know SF and STL hasn't looked good this year, but everyone knows road games in the division aren't easy. I think they go 3-5 on this 8 game stint

@Detroit...they don't really scare anyone at home, but I give them a 35-40% chance to win that game, based upon the health of both teams. Cards are looking pretty good.

@ Pitt....that's too easy. Roethlisburger will be out. Cards win.

vs. Baltimore. Ravens just seem off this year. They're not good, they took a Vick led Stealers team to OT to beat them, and it took 2 easy missed FG's to do that.

@ Cleveland. Really ?

I think after their bye their schedule looks brutal. @Seattle, Cincy, @ SF and @ STL (who they just lost to at home) could very realistically be 1-3 for the Cards.

As for our Cincy game, I'm reserving judgement until after the Mon night game. We're typically strong in Prime Time, and if we don't easily handle a LIons team that is very league average, at home, then I'm not too confident we go on the road to Cincy and beat them. They're rolling right now and even Dalton is looking pretty good.

You are under-estimating how hard it is to win on the road, especially a west coast team playing a 10AM game on the east coast.

Lions played Denver really close last week at home. CLE nearly beat SD on the road today.

Don't forget we lost to STL on the road this year and last year. Winning road games in the NFL is not easy.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":2p73iv47 said:
We need to get by the Lions, seems people think this game is going to be a show up and get the win. I get the feeling those that do will be like the dude that thinks he has a chick bagged and ready to tag only to have her shut him down cold at the end of the night with " oh I forgot to tell you I'm married"

People underestimating the Lions are straight up crazy.

Their record means nothing at this point. Look at AZ.....everyone thought they were legit, but they hadnt played ANYONE yet. The first decent team they played kicked their teeth in Glendale. Their 3-0 record was as misleading as Detroit's 0-3

Detroit has played a brutal schedule to this point, but they have a talented roster that is very capable of winning here.

Seattle is the better team, but this will not be an easy game.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Detroit looks horrible at the moment and it's a home game for us but I'm just not sure if I see the Lions going 0-4 as the only one in the entire league. They are probably fired up like mad men, while I doubt we have such a mindset. It could be a trick game. However, even with this we're still the clear favorite. If we play our game we should be able to get that w.

Cincy is a different story however, they are 4-0 and even though they don't look extremely dominant they are still among the better teams around right now. It will be a really difficult game but if we manage to beat both the Lions and the Bengals we'll be in a really good spot all of a sudden at 3-2 with quite a few easy games ahead of us.

Cartire

Reaction score
Overseasfan":4oroy4rl said:
Cincy is a different story however, they are 4-0 and even though they don't look extremely dominant they are still among the better teams around right now.

Have you been watching their offense? Its pretty dominate. Green is back to his 2013 self. Their TE's are strong and have good hands.

The defense is what is confusing me. They look dominate on most plays, and yet the scores against them have not been flattering.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cinci is one of the 3 losses I chalked up to a predicted 3-3 start on our way to 6-4 before going on a tear in the second half of the season to set up a Lambeau Field showdown for the NFCCG.

I have yet to see anything to change that prediction. Yes, Cinci worries me this year

-bsd

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Cartire":1742od2p said:
Overseasfan":1742od2p said:
Cincy is a different story however, they are 4-0 and even though they don't look extremely dominant they are still among the better teams around right now.

Have you been watching their offense? Its pretty dominate. Green is back to his 2013 self. Their TE's are strong and have good hands.

The defense is what is confusing me. They look dominate on most plays, and yet the scores against them have not been flattering.

They look strong and they it will be a really difficult game but I'm just saying they are no NE or GB. I'm just not really buying into them as a true Superbowl contender yet.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I'm hopeful we can beat Cinci because even though Dalton has looked good (against some WEAK pass defenses so far), he's still Andy Dalton and bound to have 3-4 games of being awful. Our D looks elite still, bring on Dalton.

Love that we'll be underdogs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm really not looking forward to next week. We need "good Bevell" to show up, which he does once every 10 games or so.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":b46q5c6z said:
I'm really not looking forward to next week. We need "good Bevell" to show up, which he does once every 10 games or so.

Cinci defense is going to eat this offense for lunch. Hope Marshawn is ok to go. Otherwise it's going to be a long Sunday morning.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I looked ahead. Didn't watch any of the Lions game. Didn't read any recaps. All I did was check the standings updated. Looks like we won, I'd guess with ease and in non-controversial fashion. ON TO CINCINNATI!