Who is your favorite current Seahawk?

keasley45

Reaction score
Could you imagine a healthy focused Tre Brown to go with that backfield John Schneider put together over the past couple of years? The youngsters together with a healthy Jamal Adams,Quandre Diggs and Julian Love?

If everyone's 100% this could be the best/deepest backfield in the NFL.

Without a doubt. It's an embarrassment of riches.

If they can learn to play together, and the line can get pressure... it will be hard on opposing offenses to move the ball, if Geno and company can match their performance from last year.

Our team with a lead and a suffocating secondary. I think it's the combination Pete is counting on.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Without a doubt. It's an embarrassment of riches.

If they can learn to play together, and the line can get pressure... it will be hard on opposing offenses to move the ball, if Geno and company can match their performance from last year.

Our team with a lead and a suffocating secondary. I think it's the combination Pete is counting on.
Dude !!

Exactly what I was thinking . The important thing is that the offense can move the ball and score. This defense stays fresh and aggressive, causing turnovers and sacks .

Damn I hate SF

KinesProf

Reaction score
This is a tough one. Bobby seems too much of a layup as the clear choice. Future first ballot hall of famer, best resume in Seahawks history, all around good teammate, citizen and humble dude.

Right now it is probably Tariq. Absolute unicorn of a CB; like I'm not particularly sure how a more ideal one could be created in a lab. Yet he has this boyish childlike fun loving demeanour that I can't envision going away.

Geno. What a great story. The vibes the franchise needed for the transition. Never gave up, loved by his teammates. Loved his quote when he was asked about his "tough times" , saying that his tough times (earning 7 figures while on an NFL roster) would be a dream for most people. Really good perspective. A testament to believing in yourself.

If pressed to say who I would most like to see great things happen for, I think I'm answering Geno.

Legacy: Bobby
Enjoy the most: Tariq
Rooting the hardest for: Geno

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This is a tough one. Bobby seems too much of a layup as the clear choice. Future first ballot hall of famer, best resume in Seahawks history, all around good teammate, citizen and humble dude.

Right now it is probably Tariq. Absolute unicorn of a CB; like I'm not particularly sure how a more ideal one could be created in a lab. Yet he has this boyish childlike fun loving demeanour that I can't envision going away.

Geno. What a great story. The vibes the franchise needed for the transition. Never gave up, loved by his teammates. Loved his quote when he was asked about his "tough times" , saying that his tough times (earning 7 figures while on an NFL roster) would be a dream for most people. Really good perspective. A testament to believing in yourself.

If pressed to say who I would most like to see great things happen for, I think I'm answering Geno.

Legacy: Bobby
Enjoy the most: Tariq
Rooting the hardest for: Geno
Best resume in Seahawks history goes to Walter Jones. Sorry. Rest of this I agree with.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Best resume in Seahawks history goes to Walter Jones. Sorry. Rest of this I agree with.
Blind resume comparison (measurable advantages bolded)

Player A:
4X 1st Team All-Pro
2X 2nd Team All-Pro
9X Pro Bowl
All Decade Team
1X NFC Champion
Subjective, but spent an extended period of time as the best in the world at his job
First Ballot Hall of Famer

Player B:
6X 1st Team All-Pro
3X 2nd Team All-Pro

8X Pro Bowl
All Decade Team
2X NFC Champion
1x Super Bowl Champion
1 MVP vote received

Subjective, but spent an extended period of time as the best in the world at his job
Future First Ballot Hall of Famer

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Early days...but I think our WR Corps is ready for take off and I suspect many "light box" opportunities for K9 to exploit and explode through...I'm pretty sure he's feeling dogged for not being a potential receiver option...but Pete said K9 was aggressive in mini camp and OTAs at being a more complete RB. Things are lining up with O-Line improving and now he's got a "chip"...narrowly missing Offensive ROY.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Blind resume comparison (measurable advantages bolded)

Player A:
4X 1st Team All-Pro
2X 2nd Team All-Pro
9X Pro Bowl
All Decade Team
1X NFC Champion
First Ballot Hall of Famer

Player B:
6X 1st Team All-Pro
3X 2nd Team All-Pro

8X Pro Bowl
All Decade Team
2X NFC Champion
1x Super Bowl Champion
1 MVP vote received

Future First Ballot Hall of Famer
One is in the Hall of Fame. One isn't (yet). There's much more to the story that just these accolades, but from the ones you selected, Jones wins.

KinesProf

Reaction score
One is in the Hall of Fame. One isn't (yet). There's much more to the story that just these accolades, but from the ones you selected, Jones wins.
The blind resume with less All-Pros and championships is the better resume?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The blind resume with less All-Pros and championships is the better resume?
Yep. He's in the Hall of Fame for starters. Again there's more to the story than just the items you selected. But Walt is in, Bobby isn't (yet). Easy clap.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Now guys they're both awesome I don't think it's fair to compare a left tackle to a middle linebacker. They're great in their own rights.

NoGain

Reaction score
Nobody jumps out to me as a favorite player. More like a group of likable. I respect the hell out of Wagner, a certain HOFer. I pull for Geno because he's such an interesting underdog story as the forgotten man for years, and he's RW replacement, a hard act to follow. Tyler is such a class act, underrated receiver, likable guy so it's easy to root for him. Tariq and Walker brought a lot of rookie excitement to the team, and give me hope for bigger things to come. I love DK's physical gifts, and hope he can become more of a team leader. Abe Lucas fell off a bit as the season progressed, but I think he might well become an anchor on the OL. Excited as hell about Witherspoon, but we'll see.

I don't know...

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Who is your current favorite Seahawks player? The one guy where you're like "I really wish I had their jersey," or "I'm glad I got this guys jersey I wear it every gameday."

I think Carroll and Schneider have done a solid job of building this team and drafting high character guys, especially lately.

I'm assuming most people will go with Wagner, and that's a great choice. There's no wrong answer here it's just your personal preference.

I'll start. I love Tariq Woolen. He's everything I want to see in a defensive back. Long, fast, good awareness. Seems funny on social media. That's my guy
Geno. Hands Down. End of Story.

BWagz. Runner up.

Lockett - He's got lots of love here - but honestly - not from me until he cleans up his play, and his self-justifying attitude about it. His position has 3 components. Run routes well. Catch the ball. Run after catching the ball. He can have as many hospital type visits, justifications for hitting the deck after catches, and wedding feel good photos all he wants. He can even mis-spell crucial terminology in marketing of real estate. When he feels like some YAC - and doing the 1/3 of his job that's missing - maybe I'll be back. And, just so I'm not a complete prick to just Lockett - DK was ABSOLUTELY in the same camp last season - and I hope he proves something this season. And, honestly the wedding bromance thing was just a little much. I threw up in my mouth just a little bit. Liked seeing bruce tho.

I think it's hilarious that the weather vane of "it matters/it doesn't matter" what people do off the field swings so wildly to whatever is convenient for the argument at hand. After 10 years of Russ hospital visit fatigue - I'm just gonna focus on the play this season. Don't beat your girl, stay clean, and show up on the field and do your job.

Time to put a flack jacket on for the 'you suck X 1000 responses'.

And, oh yea, did I mention GENO? That's my vote ;)

KinesProf

Reaction score
Yep. He's in the Hall of Fame for starters. Again there's more to the story than just the items you selected. But Walt is in, Bobby isn't (yet). Easy clap.
Please feel free to add any of Walt's accolades that I may have omitted.

Because I'm not sure we can have a good faith debate if your determining factor between the calibre of resumes of a retired player and current player is that the retired one is in the Hall of Fame.

I'm not arguing who the better player was/is. My argument is that Wagner has the most robust resume of any Seahawk ever. If we need to wait for him to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame first, so be it; but, no disrespect to Walt, Wagner's page on the Hall's website will just flat out have more accomplishments than Walt's https://www.profootballhof.com/players/walter-jones/

Anyway, my apologies for derailing the thread (feel free to delete these posts; I hate to be a thread derailer). I just didn't think that Wagner having the most robust resume of any Seahawk ever was still a matter of contention.