whoosh!! kancey runs official 4.67 40 yd dash.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
jalen carter who?

with a blazing 1.64 10 yd split. and he measured in at 6-1. there were gripes about him possibly being sub 6 feet, those gripes have now been alleviated. yeah, arm length a still bit worrisome.

i think he's solidly in the conversation for pick #5 now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
jalen carter who?

with a blazing 1.64 10 yd split. and he measured in at 6-1. there were gripes about him possibly being sub 6 feet, those gripes have now been alleviated. yeah, arm length a still bit worrisome.

i think he's solidly in the conversation for pick #5 now.
Except being one of only 5 DT to ever have just over 30 inch arms. I’m guessing we have a shot at him at 20 still. If Pete can get over that fact, which he usually can’t.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Almost identical measurables to Aaron Donald, interesting. Depending on who else is there at 5, I wouldn't complain about that pick at all.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Adetomiwa Adebawore ran even faster at 285.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Almost identical measurables to Aaron Donald, interesting. Depending on who else is there at 5, I wouldn't complain about that pick at all.
pretty much yeah. as i mentioned, kancey's arm length is worrisome. donald has arms that are 2 inches longer.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Adetomiwa Adebawore ran even faster at 285.
i was ready to create another thread just for him. 4.49. got damn. big 10.5 inch hands, long arms. lack of production / notoriety is what keeps him down a bit. he dominated at the senior bowl though and is shooting up the draft charts. he may go somewhere in the 1st.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Nolan Smith just smoking the 40. If only he had better on field production, he would be a top 5 pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Geno Atkins had 32 inch arms and was a perennial Pro Bowler

Atkins has twice been selected as a first-team All-Pro, once been selected as a second-team All-Pro and is an eight-time Pro Bowler.

3 Season of double digit sacks, and 75.5 sacks for his career

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Nolan Smith just smoking the 40. If only he had better on field production, he would be a top 5 pick.

Good 40 time very athletic but as a 235 lb DE he is a tweener where would you play him? My preference is Will McDonald IV. I see both players as edges that are a liability against the run but could be good situational pass rushers

one thing to remember when was the last time you saw a lineman run 40 yards during a play

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Good 40 time very athletic but as a 235 lb DE he is a tweener where would you play him? My preference is Will McDonald IV. I see both players as edges that are a liability against the run but could be good situational pass rushers

one thing to remember when was the last time you saw a lineman run 40 yards during a play
His 10 yard split would be the best ever (as far as OFFICIAL times go) for an edge, and top-5 all time for an LB.

He's also weighed in basically identically to McDonald, who granted may have been sick, but is extremely lean to begin with.

He would play the same spot as McDonald here.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Kancey is a 4-3 DL.

Nolan & McDonald are the 3-4 OLB prototype.

Smith should be a top 15 pick. Especially after that performance.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I would like to see both McDonald and Smith in LB drills to see how they look in space. So far I see both players as tweezers. Bill Belichick is interested

toffee

Reaction score
Except shorter arms, by something like 2 inches, and small hands too only 9 1/8". Donald was 32 5/8" arm and 9 7/8" hand.

Not sure how to use Kancey in a 3-4.