Why this Thursday Night game is perfect

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Largent80":7ba9l1wu said:
Steve2222":7ba9l1wu said:
Largent80":7ba9l1wu said:
The only thing I can say is that the NFL should schedule the Thursday night games using the teams schedules. If a team is on the road, then so should the other team be. I'm talking East Coast games.

The Rams played at home Sunday, and the Hawks played a later game in G.B.

While that doesn't seem like much, it is if you have travelled. Airports, security and just sitting in a plane are absolutely draining.

Make the playing field even.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL players immediately skip lines at airplane and just get on their private jets.

Incorrect. They have a chartered plane but still go through security like the rest of us.

Not quite "like the rest of us". They actually go through their security screening at VMAC before getting on the buses for Sea Tac.

They get dropped off at the tarmac right next to the charter. Its much less invasive than us regular folk.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
What is the plane?

I know it's Delta this year, is it a 737 and set up like a normal cattle-car?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3775cofg said:
Largent80":3775cofg said:
Steve2222":3775cofg said:
Largent80":3775cofg said:
The only thing I can say is that the NFL should schedule the Thursday night games using the teams schedules. If a team is on the road, then so should the other team be. I'm talking East Coast games.

The Rams played at home Sunday, and the Hawks played a later game in G.B.

While that doesn't seem like much, it is if you have travelled. Airports, security and just sitting in a plane are absolutely draining.

Make the playing field even.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL players immediately skip lines at airplane and just get on their private jets.

Incorrect. They have a chartered plane but still go through security like the rest of us.

Not quite "like the rest of us". They actually go through their security screening at VMAC before getting on the buses for Sea Tac.

They get dropped off at the tarmac right next to the charter. Its much less invasive than us regular folk.

Yup. The only way to fly if you can swing it.

But for a few lucky times over the years - I can't. :(

justafan

Reaction score
It is easy to say shut up and play but we have no idea how hard it is on these guys to do the things they do.

Its a breeze for me to fire up the BBQ crack a beer and say its the best thing for the team to do a 3 day turn around.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
justafan":2kex79c0 said:
It is easy to say shut up and play but we have no idea how hard it is on these guys to do the things they do.

Its a breeze for me to fire up the BBQ crack a beer and say its the best thing for the team to do a 3 day turn around.

Agreed.

Thursday night games should, and I believe, will be eliminated.

Revenues won't increase if star players have to sit out more over the course of a season. Pro sports are contingent on big name personalities/performers.

Sherman is right to call this out.