Will Dissly - The Lumbering Giant

hawknation2018

Reaction score
sutz":1eaisdjw said:
Back on topic. Love the pick, but I saw one thing in the Dissly videos that might be problematic. It looks to me like he has a tendency to get his hands outside the body frame. I don't think he'll get away with that as much in the pros. But that is what pre-season is for, right? Seems it should be coachable. Sounds like a hard working guy.

Looks like Dissly will be a solid addition.

Good point. He hits like a freight train. Potential is there to be a great blocker, but he's gotta to clean up a lot of stuff. He's got to bend his knees and stay low.

Giphy

Jac

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3231rbwh said:

I love how pumped he is to put that defender on his back. It makes me want to go block somebody. Blocking ability aside, that blocking tenacity is also going to be infectious. I'm UW alum, but that's not the reason I'm excited for the guy. He's the kind of role player that I tend to covet on other teams...a lunchpail player that does things to help elevate all the skill players. I can totally imagine commentators bringing up replays and saying things like "Watch Will Dissly help clear that lane..."

sutz

Reaction score
Blocking is very much a "wanna do it" talent. Players who don't want to never get good at it. Players like Graham (there I am drifting OT ;) ). Remember, Graham held out in NO because he wanted to be paid like a premier WR, but lost in arbitration IIRC. IAE, you can't teach something to someone who refuses to lear. That's true in all walks of life.

Dissly looks very much like he likes hitting guys and putting them down. From what I've read, he also has a very high catch rate, so I look forward to seeing what he can do for us.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3iccv849 said:

:D This clip cracks me up! He railroads that guy, shoves him in to the ground, then reacts like "Dang! He fell over! I wanted to shove him some more!"

He's probably got his own blocking dummy at home that he pushes up and down the street. "Hey kids! Jump on!"

nanomoz

Reaction score
He looks like Kyle Brady. I'm so excited.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":7iakuq30 said:
getnasty":7iakuq30 said:
People are hyped for a 5th round blocking tight end. Can't say I expect more then that but hopefully he can contribute as a pass catcher too.

People wouldn't be as excited if he went to any other school but UW. Local fans and local media are aiding in hyping him.

That and fans have been hoping for Zach Miller for a while now. Got excited for Vannett too. Didn't pan out yet, but he's still young

Could also be that because he went to UW, many fans and local media know what he can do firsthand, rather than just via youtube videos and scouting reports.

Interesting take though. You a fan of a different local college perhaps? ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":32ia3y4a said:
hawknation2018":32ia3y4a said:

:D This clip cracks me up! He railroads that guy, shoves him in to the ground, then reacts like "Dang! He fell over! I wanted to shove him some more!"

He's probably got his own blocking dummy at home that he pushes up and down the street. "Hey kids! Jump on!"

Actually I think he's mad that for all his good blocking, his guy made the tackle.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Running back got hit/grabbed several times to slow him down, then Will's guy got an ankle. Looks like 97 set the edge, then was the first one to grab him, then 66 plugged up the running lane and got in on the action, then 15 and Will's guy.

Dissly did his job, but I think you're right. He's the kind of guy IMHO, that would never look to blame anyone else, but would shoulder the responsibility. Still, it looks like they made a 1st down.