Will Dissly

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I have faith that Will is going to work out..He shows he is a pro bowl caliber TE.
Yes he has had two bad breaks in a row but they might just be the only ones
he has going forward..I keep Hollister and draft another backup..I don't sign a
high $$$ TE..

niveky

Reaction score
Dissly is the most excited I have been for a new seahawk in a long time...I really hope he gets it figured out on staying healthy. Hopefully it is just an issue of tweaking how he did things in college to gain more longevity in the NFL.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't see much value is ditching Dissley for a FA that has been injured. We already have Dissley. If there is an attractive candidate available by the time we get to that need I like the rookie angle. Otherwise go with what we've got. Hollister will continue to improve and we know Willson will give his all. It isn't like those two guys are bad. They just aren't elite talents, which is exactly what we'll likely get in the later rounds ot UFAs.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Dissly is one of our best contracts at the moment and there's zero chance we "move on" from him. Dickson has been the bad contract that we will likely replace.

I agree with Popeye that TE seems very tough to scout in the NFL. We should keep gambling on it with a mid round pick (or two) every year given the importance to this team.

We typically have 6 or 7 TEs on the 90 man roster. With Dissly's recovery there's a high likelihood that we have seven to start with this season. Dissly, Hollister, Willson, Swoopes, UFA, Rookie/UDFA, Rookie/UDFA seems like a safe bet.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I dont think anyone is saying to get rid of Dissly but they need to add some insurance. Hollister Willlsson and Swoopes do not inspire a lot of confidence if Dissly goes down again or is simply not the same player after two very serious injuries.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dissly, Hollister, Willson and a rookie draft pick will be just fine for me. I'm with the group that thinks the team should spend the cap elsewhere (DLine and OLine) than on a good to mediocre TE castoff from another team.

I am uncertain though that Dissly will ever be able to play a whole season, but the team got good service from both Willson and Hollister who had earned RW's trust by the end of the year. Adding a rookie TE in the draft with some potential is the most economical way of restocking the position while keeping open the potential of a Dissly return to form while insuring depth. If Hollister continues to grow and Dissly disappoints then there is room to bring a rookie with potential along. Willson ensures there is sufficient depth.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I disagree. We see how a good TE is such a mismatch and tough to cover. Elite teams seem to mostly have a good TE. Hollister is just a guy...Willsson is pretty much done and Dissly is a huge question mark.