Will Jimmy Graham ask for a trade?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nash72":22wgd89j said:
LoneHawkFan":22wgd89j said:
Reality is setting in for the fans, not the coaches.

This was the reload year. This was very likely expected and planned for. They played with a ton of young talent this year. How can this year not be viewed as the rebuilding year? Looking back...do you think the organization believes they were ready to be the most elite team in the NFL?

Trust in the process. This was the low; next year we go back up.

Everybody keeps saying this was the reload or rebuilding year,,,,how so? I agree we have a lot of youth on the team and they saw their fair share of playing time, but who in the world has shown any kind of potential among them? If we are rebuilding with these same players, this team is in a crap load of trouble.

The whole reload/rebuild excuse is just that, an excuse.

You don't initiate a "reload" that just about gets your franchise QB killed, forget about one of the most physically gifted TE's in the history of the game, and ultimately gives fans a total playoff thrashing two games deep into a playoff run.

The team needs some major surgery this off-season.

mikeak

Reaction score
TheHawkster":9pn3yfdl said:
Jimmy was a giant decoy for most of the year.
We need a beast receiver to open him up.
Right now, Hes just getting the little guys open.

I just saw Brady drop it in to Edelman between two defenders

We don't need better receivers - they are top notch. We need to be willing to throw to guys in coverage and trust them to do their job

timmat

Reaction score
Sign a few solid (don't need to be great ) experienced O lineman with increased cap space, and maybe Jimmy won't have to chip block as much. If he wasn't chipping, Russ gets hammered even more. New OC really needed.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
mikeak":2yi33g3w said:
TheHawkster":2yi33g3w said:
Jimmy was a giant decoy for most of the year.
We need a beast receiver to open him up.
Right now, Hes just getting the little guys open.

I just saw Brady drop it in to Edelman between two defenders

We don't need better receivers - they are top notch. We need to be willing to throw to guys in coverage and trust them to do their job

Like we used to

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
No. And I hope guys don't get greedy this off season when they can all so clearly see how important it is to focus on forming a solid O line. You can forget an SB run until that gets resolved.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Yes
When he was brought on, it was expected that he would get less touches due to us being a run team first..

This year we were not a running team and he still didn't get the ball

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
nash72":2n967y42 said:
LoneHawkFan":2n967y42 said:
Reality is setting in for the fans, not the coaches.

This was the reload year. This was very likely expected and planned for. They played with a ton of young talent this year. How can this year not be viewed as the rebuilding year? Looking back...do you think the organization believes they were ready to be the most elite team in the NFL?

Trust in the process. This was the low; next year we go back up.

Everybody keeps saying this was the reload or rebuilding year,,,,how so? I agree we have a lot of youth on the team and they saw their fair share of playing time, but who in the world has shown any kind of potential among them? If we are rebuilding with these same players, this team is in a crap load of trouble.

We played with something like 20 different rookies on our active roster this year. It's called evaluating talent, identify who can be developed. Same thing we did with Britt, Ifedi, Glowinski, Baldwin, Sherman...hell thats how this team was built was through developing talent.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
seahawksny":33r5vxr0 said:
Yes
When he was brought on, it was expected that he would get less touches due to us being a run team first..

95 targets. Second to Baldwin.

We could have done more, don't get me wrong, but he was hardly ignored.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The opposite actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign an extension this offseason.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. Might as well go to a franchise on the rise.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
If Bevell continues to plan to use him as a decoy and blocker then we should move his $12 salary. Good for him and the team. Fire Bevell and I say keep Graham.

Please someone give him a college job - was hoping for Cal but see they filled their opening

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
If I were him or his agent, I'd want to have a long conversation with Pete about how he envisions him being utilized in the future-will he be inline and blocking, chipping and have max 5 targets a game? Will any offensive line additions be made so he can be split wide more? Will any changes be made in the overall offensive philosophy? If not, and Bevell is still here, it's time for his agent to inform Schneider he wants to move on and is unhappy with the situation.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1euuanz2 said:
seahawksny":1euuanz2 said:
Yes

95 targets. Second to Baldwin.

We could have done more, don't get me wrong, but he was hardly ignored.

Give me red zone targets and I'll listen to that argument.

Pretty much ignored in the red zone.

mistaowen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s0jg91qs said:
Jimmy should say it's him or me regarding Bevell.

Agreed. He's a superstar who isn't a focus of our game plan. We had a full year with him, no injury, it's inexcusable.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think he will hold out at the least. He won't be at OTAs and won't show to training camp. He will try to force a trade but it won't work next year but he will be gone after 2017.