Will we get the #1 seed this year again?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Fade":pjv0trgu said:
Too soon, but forecasting the NFC right now.

GB has the easiest schedule of the contenders to get the #1 Seed.

A lot of people on the Vikings wagon right now, but give it a half-season. They have sustained a lot of injuries, a couple more, and things will start to go south for them. They will probably make the playoffs, but won't do anything once they get there.

Philly is the new contender. The NFCE is meh, so it is setup for them to have a good record.

Carolina is bad at OT like the Seahawks, but unlike the Seahawks they are bad @ DE & in the Secondary. Atlanta & TB are built to beat them, or at the very least give them some trouble. Their ceiling appears to be 11 games, which isn't enough for the #1 seed.

Seattle must win road games if they want to be in the mix for the #1 seed. @ Green Bay being the most paramount. They will need that tie breaker over them.

Losing Teddy, Kalil AND Peterson isnt AS big of a deal as people make it out to be though. Kalil was only good his rookie year and since then has been pretty awful TBH. Peterson is one of the best pure runners but cant play in the shotgun to save his life, and his receiveing and blocking skills leave something to be desired. The combo of Mckinnon and Asiata isnt too bad of one. Bradford at this point is probably better than Teddy would have been. I mean the Vikings went 11-5 last year with Teddy throwing 14TD/9INt. Bradford can easily match that this year.

I dont know why people are all over the eagles nuts. They beat the Browns at home and then the Bears away for the first 2 games. Those teams could quite possibly be the two worst teams in the entire league. Wont argue they whipped the Steelers, not sure what was up with that. Steelers had just come off playing the Bengals so maybe emotional letdown?

The Vikings just beat the Packers at home and Panthers away. Those were two of the preseason favorites right there and they absolutely manhandled Rodgers and Newton, two MVP QBs.

If the Vikings manage to beat the Giants this week and Eagles in three weeks they will have the tiebreaker over pretty much any team that would probably end up tied with them where head to head situations come in to play for tiebreakers but that is looking far ahead allready.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":ygp0x280 said:
I dont know why people are all over the eagles nuts. They beat the Browns at home and then the Bears away for the first 2 games. Those teams could quite possibly be the two worst teams in the entire league. Wont argue they whipped the Steelers, not sure what was up with that. Steelers had just come off playing the Bengals so maybe emotional letdown?

Eagles wins over Browns and Bears=Not Impressive because they suck
Eagles win over Steelers=Doesn't count really cause the Steelers just had an emotional letdown. More the Steelers just having a bad game than the Eagles actually playing good football all around.

Is that right?

Alrighty.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
xkj1985x":h86hfncu said:
WilsonMVP":h86hfncu said:

Eagles wins over Browns and Bears=Not Impressive because they suck
Eagles win over Steelers=Doesn't count really cause the Steelers just had an emotional letdown. More the Steelers just having a bad game than the Eagles actually playing good football all around.

Is that right?

Alrighty.

Well I mean...Browns and Bears? ANYONE in here think those teams wont be picking BOTH top 5 in the draft(assuming they have their own first rounders). They are both 0-3 for god sakes. They are two of the worst three teams in point differential as well QBed by who? Kody Kessler and Brian Hoyer..excuse me while I laugh for a while.

Ill give them Credit for the Steelers

Bears have the Lions, Colts and Jaguars come up though so we will see what they truly are. If they cant win any of those games or go 1-2....yikes...

Knowing how weird the NFL and the Giants are...maybe they pull of the hat trick and squeak into the playoffs and win their 3rd superbowl against the Pats lol

The NFC is going to be interesting this year. It would SEEM that the Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks all have really strong defense where the Packers and Panthers are going to lean heavily on their MVP QBs and offenses. As of right now Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks are top 3 in points allowed. Not sure if the Eagles have allowed a cheap worthless TD when the game was allready over but I know the Vikings and Seahawks both have.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They did not just beat the Steelers. They destroyed them.

And the Steelers are a team I am not really sure we could beat right now. Credit where credit is due, somehow the Eagles destroyed them.

However, the #1 seed makes no sense as a projection right now for us.

We may or may not have our QB healthy at all this year. And our starting RB seems to be out 1/2 to 1/3 the season.

Finally, Earl Thomas looks off this entire year.

Nobody else in the NFC looks good either, but those are some significant issues that need resolution.

Mick063

Reaction score
Vikings and Seahawks have the best defense in the NFC right now. One of these two get #1 seed.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":pm1a0acg said:
I've been thinking that 12-4 will be the #1 seed.

I think we can take the NFC with 12-4 if we beat the Packers. If we lose to them we better be 13-3.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I keep waiting for the Eagles to fall back to earth, but that win over Pitt was very solid.

I think teams will get tape on Wentz and then make adjustments, but he's got a good coach that can make good adjustments for him as well. They don't have great personnel on offense, but they're making it work.

On defense, last year they played a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel. They're back to the right system and have a great DC in Schwartz coaching them. They have a very talented DL. Not sure their defense comes back to earth, although it is surprising. They lead the league in points allowed by 17 points, only 3 games in, and having played Pitt already. That's over 5 points a game better than the next defense.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
UPDATE:Lambs atop nfc west at 3-1. :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2:

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Also panthers have severly regressed, i think they might even miss the playoffs, did not expect that. Cant wait for the LOB to stomp them in a couple of weeks.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The NFC East is surprisingly competitive so I doubt anyone will get more than 10-11 wins. In the south falcons are the only threat right now and I see the falling soon. We are definitely the favorite in the west. Only problem are the Vikes and Packers with their easy schedules but we'll see.

13-3 will definitely take the NFC though, 12-4 maybe.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1sxjk862 said:
They did not just beat the Steelers. They destroyed them.

And the Steelers are a team I am not really sure we could beat right now. Credit where credit is due, somehow the Eagles destroyed them.

However, the #1 seed makes no sense as a projection right now for us.

We may or may not have our QB healthy at all this year. And our starting RB seems to be out 1/2 to 1/3 the season.

Finally, Earl Thomas looks off this entire year.

Nobody else in the NFC looks good either, but those are some significant issues that need resolution.

#1 seed makes no sense as a projection?

We are 1/2 game back from having the best record in the NFC, we have the league's best or second best defense and an offense that is playing lights out, despite the injuries to key players.

I would say that the #1 seed makes absolute sense.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
#1 seeding frequently comes down to head to head tie breakers. From the looks of it right now (and that always changes a lot in the first half of the season) the most important games from a tie breaker standpoint would be Atlanta, Green Bay and Philly since those teams all look like they might be in the discussion at the end of the season. As always, we have to win the division so those games are all important. If we take care of those three games, and the division I see our chances as being very good.

Currently out schedule is looking a lot easier than it did in the offseason. Carolina, Buffalo, and Arizona all look a few steps behind where they were thought to be coming into the season. Atlanta looks hot right now, but they haven't done it against an actual defense yet. We will also be coming out well rested from our bye, while they are fresh off of a game at Denver.

A fun topic, and I'm glad we're in an era where this is a conversation we can have! Expectations are high and the product on the field is looking really good considering the injuries. Things are heating up earlier this season than seasons past.

Great time to be a Seahawks fan. Cherish it!

Mick063

Reaction score
Mick063":uh7bwbka said:
Vikings and Seahawks have the best defense in the NFC right now. One of these two get #1 seed.

Hmmm........You folks never believe me.

Two weeks later, the "biggest threat" thread shows a sudden change of tune.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IMO there are 3 teams that can compete with us for the #1 seed: GB, Minnesota and Atlanta. I still fully expect Atlanta to fall off a bit. I think Minnesota and GB will be tough to shake. It's too early to tell, but we need to take care of business against GB, and just hope Bradford hits a bump in the road at some point.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Ok so cowboys are 9-1 and i think they will probably coast to a first round bye, vikings have fallen off as well and packers dont even seem like they will make the playoffs. I think seahawks are on pace for a first round bye and the #2 seed. Cowboys probably will finish with a better record.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RussB":2dpa4j40 said:
Ok so cowboys are 9-1 and i think they will probably coast to a first round bye, vikings have fallen off as well and packers dont even seem like they will make the playoffs. I think seahawks are on pace for a first round bye and the #2 seed. Cowboys probably will finish with a better record.

...and I see us playing in Dallas for the NFC title.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1k0114f2 said:
RussB":1k0114f2 said:

I think hawks stomp then and give them a reailty check at jerry world. Their defense is weak and is protected by zeke moving the chains who in all fairness is a beast. I dont think thats enough to beat the battle tested hawks though.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RussB":1e5w8nla said:
Bigpumpkin":1e5w8nla said:
RussB":1e5w8nla said:

I think hawks stomp then and give them a reailty check at jerry world. Their defense is weak and is protected by zeke moving the chains who in all fairness is a beast. I dont think thats enough to beat the battle tested hawks though.

....and I see the winner as to who has the ball last!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Playing in Dallas for the NFCCG would be a great "worst case" scenario. That place is such a neutral field it's funny. They actually tell fans when to cheer on that giant screen.