Will/Would Pete do a little extra?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Pete is too zen to rub it in. He will only try to score until Harbaugh can no longer snatch the pebble from his hand.

SC

LymonHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1so00w1y said:
I'm (bi) curious if anyone thinks Pete will take a knee, or intentionally run the clock down, if the Hawks are up in the 4th quarter? Or, will Pete rub it in a little?

If there ever was a time for Pete to rub it in a bit, it'd be Sunday, right? Chances are he wont be facing Harbaugh for quite some time. And, more than any other coach (I've heard of at least), the contempt for Jimmy seems to be common. Jim's rubbed a lot of other coaches the wrong way; be it by blitzing in preseason or the Schwartz debacle, Jim is as disliked as any coach I can recall. So, there's little risk of retribution.

XOXO

Mike Nolan

If the situation was reversed, Harbag might try something, but Pete has too much class for that crap.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pete is in every way shape and form a better man than Harbaugh and won't resort to intentionally running up the score. That being said, if SF can't stop TJack and the 3rd string offense from putting up points, I don't think Pete would deny TJ his moment in the sun.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2957mwij said:
Pete is in every way shape and form a better man than Harbaugh and won't resort to intentionally running up the score. That being said, if SF can't stop TJack and the 3rd string offense from putting up points, I don't think Pete would deny TJ his moment in the sun.

The '85 Bears couldn't deny TJ.

Hawks46

Reaction score
morgulon1":3v1tt5mq said:
Pete will make sure we win by enough points that it leaves Hardouche no doubt . I have a feeling that this will be SF's
last stand. They are outgunned, but will fight until about halftime when they realize it is futile. I hate Harbitch but there is a small part of me that doesn't want to see him go. We need him coaching SF so we can fully appreciate the hate.
Ali needed Frazier, Yankees need the Red Sox, Seattle needs San Fransisco WITH Harbitch. It makes defeating SF
that much more satisfying.

Yeah, I agree.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Pete has that much animosity for Harbaugh anymore. He's made reference in interviews to Harbaugh's wife opening up communication between the two, and it's not like he personally has to deal with Harbaugh very often.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
When the Hawks win, Pete will meet Harbaugh at midfield and offer him the OC job.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TriCHawk":26o04rqo said:
When the Hawks win, Pete will meet Harbaugh at midfield and offer him the OC job.

....and they will both walk back to our locker room and let Bevell go to Wisconsin. :sarcasm_off: :twisted:

sc85sis

Reaction score
When we blasted SF in Dec. 2012, Sherm wanted Pete to score a TD and go for two the way Stanford had at USC in 2009. Pete said, "We have more class than that."

People think Pete ran up scores at USC because he'd allow his backups to do for 1st downs or TDs instead of field goals. Pete always said that was because it gave the opposing D a better shot at stopping the Trojans and preventing a score than if USC kicked for a nearly guaranteed three points.

olyfan63

Reaction score
sc85sis":3ayhf5xu said:
When we blasted SF in Dec. 2012, Sherm wanted Pete to score a TD and go for two the way Stanford had at USC in 2009. Pete said, "We have more class than that."

People think Pete ran up scores at USC because he'd allow his backups to do for 1st downs or TDs instead of field goals. Pete always said that was because it gave the opposing D a better shot at stopping the Trojans and preventing a score than if USC kicked for a nearly guaranteed three points.

Plus Pete wants all the players to "always compete" all the time. Backups need to go out and play hard and real so that they're ready when they're "next man up" against a tough opponent.

But, it's really all about this:

Mojambo":3ayhf5xu said:
Absolutely not.
And it's not because he woudn't want to, it's because he doesn't want to risk an injury. They will kneel down as SOON as they possibly can.

Pete has a bigger picture going on in his mind than petty "payback" to Harbaugh for something 10 years ago. That's the difference (one of many character differences) between him and Harbaugh.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
When the W is secure the Hawks will play conservatively. Style points mean nothing the W is all that matters, Besides, what goes around, comes around. No need to rub it in.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3gqfongo said:
I honestly don't think Pete has that much animosity for Harbaugh anymore. He's made reference in interviews to Harbaugh's wife opening up communication between the two, and it's not like he personally has to deal with Harbaugh very often.

I remember that tidbit you're talking about, but that was also before Pete giving that town hall answer of "he's a great coach and we love beating him." I think the heat still exists.

That said, to answer the OP: I doubt it. I just can't see it; it doesn't fit well with Pete's personality.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
We have not "rubbed it in" in the last three games and in all three we could of scored again. Doubt very much this week would be any different. We take the ball with 6 minutes.... game over in victory formation.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
If we get to close this game out in victory formation, I would enjoy it if the CenturyLink crowd would get this going.

[youtube]n6RoOwSKI7M[/youtube]

Latest posts