Wilson: $26m this year, 204 total yards.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I think Wilson deserves every penny of his contract, however from a money ball perspective I don't think we were the right team to pay it. In Carrol's scheme it makes way more sense to pay for elite lineman on both sides of the ball. If your looking at statistically the positions that would make the most impact in a PC system, I think the QB is pretty low on the list.

The thing is, Carroll's offensive philosophy is quite outdated, and when his defense can't overwhelm the opponent, he turns to Russ quite often to save the game. So it's a weird conundrum. Wilson definite earns all that money while playing for us, but at the same time Carrol's system doesn't really NEED a QB of Russel's caliber in order to function. But the fact that we have a QB of that caliber saves us games we would have lost because of the offensive scheme otherwise.

It's all sorts of circular logic.

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":1jl8lb5m said:
erik2690":1jl8lb5m said:
Tical21":1jl8lb5m said:
John63":1jl8lb5m said:
OR try running it now, adn see if you can, the fat it at times they do, ie under 2 minutes and when they go uptempo, so they can do it now as well. And if you want to play the turn the clock back, we dont have the same players we had last year so just because you say it did not work then does not mean it cant work now, Also again I am not saying ignore the long ball I am saying mix the short passing in more. Bring those Safeties up forcing them with short passes and the go over the stop. If they dont come up no problem move the ball 5-10 yards at a time. FYI We did not go pass happy in a league were people throw 50 times a game 33 attempts is not pass happy.

Again I am not saying going pass happy you seem to focus in on that. I am saying pass more than 25 times a game and through in more short passes.
You're aware the more we throw, the lower Russ' efficiency gets. Literally. I think we've pretty well established that the strength of Russ' game is not short passing.

The more we run, the more dangerous Russ becomes, and the more we win. It's that simple.

Can you show the data on Russ' efficiency going down when attempts. You can't just state something like that as if it's factual without showing the facts. It's 100% not as "simple as that" so show the data please.
It was going around on twitter about a month ago. It wasn't one of the usual Seahawks twitter folks. I've looked for it again, but can't find it. It shows that when we throw < 20 times, we're basically unbeatable and Russ has amazing efficiency. 20 - 24 times, still great, but less. 25- 30 times there's a pretty big dropoff, and 30 + times we barely ever win and Russ' efficiency gets quite a bit lower. It's true to a point with any quarterback, as you usually only throw that much when you're behind and things aren't going well, but it's accelerated in Russ' case.

Nope, not getting away with it that easy buddy. 'I saw 1 tweet once' isn't going to cut it. ESPN has stat splits and so it shows what his numbers are in certain attempt ranges. His attempts 31-40, meaning obviously high volume are great. You mixed up 2 very different things in your comment here, winning and QB efficiency with high attempts. Those are 2 vastly different questions. Your first comment said his efficiency went down, not that they had a lower chance of winning. 2 different ideas. Again I looked at stat splits which is the closest thing I could find and it doesn't show what you claim at all. I could only find 1 year of 7 where stats dipped in high volume and several years where his efficiency was up. I'll be clear that splits aren't the best way to answer this question at all, but seeing as you have brought literally no stats to the table I'm doing what I can. I'd be happy to see what you have. See it sounds like you are saying the tweet you mention was about W/L record for the team relative to pass attempts, that's totally believable, but also not close to what you originally said.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No QB in the history of the league won more games in their first 7 seasons. He "manages" to win at an all time clip. Yet again, the fascination with stats is pretty lame. Plenty of QB's have killer stats and a whole lotta' nothing to show for it.