Wilson is like the Brett Favre of this era

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Osprey":ec67meuz said:
RussB":ec67meuz said:
I was just talking about the toughness. Favre was probably the toughest QB in history he never missed a game no matter how bad he got beat up.

IMHO taking Vicodin by the handful disqualifies you from the toughest title. Are you really gritting it out when you're stoned out of your mind?
He was very tough before the Vicodin and after Vicodin..You don't play over 300 straight games as the Ironman did because of some magic pill..He played before all these pusification rules came out too so there is that.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Fickle group. Maybe not THE comparison, but the things mentioned by the OP for sure ring true. Tough as nails and a great leader. I can't help but think the NFL has a special place in history for RW, unlike any other player ever.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I think a better comparison would be Steve Young. Young was a tough QB as well. Both highly efficient with the ball who limit turnovers. Both a mobile threat.

However, when it's all said and done, Young will be remembered as a poor mans Russell Wilson.

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":2mke2fux said:
JSeahawks":2mke2fux said:
Basis4day":2mke2fux said:
I don't find anything similar with Wilson and Favre except they both played QB in Wisconsin.

There really isn't a good comparison for the way Wilson plays QB. It's unique.

Steve Young.

Fran Tarkenton. Steve Young was fragile.

Confusing young with Montana.

Young was tough as nails.

NINEster

Reaction score
Steve2222":3by5odc5 said:
I think a better comparison would be Steve Young. Young was a tough QB as well. Both highly efficient with the ball who limit turnovers. Both a mobile threat.

However, when it's all said and done, Young will be remembered as a poor mans Russell Wilson.

LOL.

Someone just started watching football.

Steve2222

Reaction score
NINEster":1zxd0yj0 said:
Steve2222":1zxd0yj0 said:

LOL.

Someone just started watching football.

Judging by your username this comment doesn't surprise me

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I think it's Joe Montana he really looks like. Third-round pick, dropped because he's was supposed to be "undersized". Great clutch player, highly mobile who would throw on the scramble. Go back and look at "The Play".

JustTheTip

Reaction score
12thbrah":1y0tix8a said:
Nothing like Favre. Wilson would never text someone a pic of his junk.

Mostly because it wouldn't fit in frame.

surprised-patrick.jpg

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Am no good Christian but it appears to me that a major factor separating RW from other QB's who have been impressive physically and mentally is his spirituality. His faith provides him extraordinary 'winning mentality' willpower and conviction.