World Record Attempt on Sept 15th

ariel9302

Reaction score
Tical21":2jrrk7yr said:
OfficialVolume12":2jrrk7yr said:
Lots of Seahawkers think that we should record during the first 49ers possession.
That is probably a pretty good bet, especially if they get the ball first.

took the words out of my mouth...let alone i'm almost positive they'll choose to receive and we'll choose to kick either way.

A

Anonymous

I said this before, but it is all be about where the microphone is stationed.

Timing is indeed critical, but if they were to suspend that microphone above the center of the field like those suspended cameras, that would be the best, IMO. Don't see it happening, but I'm just sayin.

It would suck to be beaten by another stadium and crowd, especially after being fortunate enough to set the record, but holding it for a even a brief period of time would be special.

hawker84

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1hieqc3j said:

Timing is indeed critical, but if they were to suspend that microphone above the center of the field like those suspended cameras, that would be the best, IMO. Don't see it happening, but I'm just sayin.

It would suck to be beaten by another stadium and crowd, especially after being fortunate enough to set the record, but holding it for a even a brief period of time would be special.

I always thought the best place for the mic would be down on or very near the playing surface, that's where the noise is being directed after all...?

NorCal

Reaction score
I read somewhere else (and can't find it now) that the difference between the world record and the loudest the CLink has gotten is something like 4 or 5 times as loud. For example, the record is 131 db and the loudest the CLink has gotten is 112 db (according to seahawks.com). Some people I was reading, who allege to know these things and the science behind it, said you guys will have to be 5x as loud as your previous high to break the record.

If that is true, is that even possible? I'm sure its possible, but that sounds like a big leap. It'll be interesting to see.

But what if you guys are really bringin it, and are the loudest you've ever been, and the Niners still score? :)

A

Anonymous

hawker84":2u3cne7w said:
HoustonHawk82":2u3cne7w said:

I always thought the best place for the mic would be down on or very near the playing surface, that's where the noise is being directed after all...?

Hell, I don't know, you may be right, but how do we get them to do that?

Tafoya was saying that it was so loud during the NFCCG that they couldn't hear Lofa screaming at them face to face. All he heard was the rattles inside his helmet.

That, is loud.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
MY standard for loud in our stadium is when I am yelling at top capacity and cannot in any way shape or form make out the sound of my own voice. It is almost as if I have become deaf. All that noise produces a kind of silence or deafening white noise.

I have had that experience infrequently, but several times at Seahawks games.

NFC Championship was one. BeastQuake was another.

There have been other random times, as well.

But that will always be the barometer/the gold standard, for me.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":15i5eqc9 said:
MY standard for loud in our stadium is when I am yelling at top capacity and cannot in any way shape or form make out the sound of my own voice. It is almost as if I have become deaf. All that noise produces a kind of silence or deafening white noise.

I have had that experience infrequently, but several times at Seahawks games.

NFC Championship was one. BeastQuake was another.

There have been other random times, as well.

But that will always be the barometer/the gold standard, for me.

That happens virtually every game in my section!

Yeh baby!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Here is a pretty decent article about how they did it a few years back.

The current Guinness record for “loudest crowd roar at a sport stadium” is 131.76 decibels, set during a soccer match at the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena on March 18, 2011, in Istanbul, Turkey, by fans of Turkey’s Galatasaray S.K. club. Here’s more about the record-setting attempt from Guinness:

The sound level was measured from the side line of the stadium. Distance to the crowd was 2 meters. They were given 3 attempts. The first attempt was at 20:50 pm, it measured 112.08 dbA. The second attempt was at 21:03 pm and measured 130.55 dbA. The third attempt took place at 21:15 pm and produced a reading of 131.76 dbA. A notary and one witness (sound engineer) were present. The precision measuring noise level meter (certified and calibrated) was a Bruel & Kjaer 2250 RAM DT-8850. This was the first derby game which took place at the brand new home (stadium) for Galatasaray SC and its fans. 49,488 fans of Galatasaray SC and 2,500 fans of Fenerbahce SC were counted that day. The game was finally won by Fenerbahce SC, 2-1.

On their website, the Seahawks say Seattle’s 12th Man has been measured at 112 decibels — louder than a power saw or a rock concert, and not much quieter than a Boeing 747.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013 ... ost-49ers/

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Guinness better be ready to hit the record button at any moment. The loudest it will be is when Kam blows up Keap trying to run on the edge, or when SF tries a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and our D-line stuff's it at the line of scrimmage.

It's going to happen!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Riley12":uejo3bwh said:
I guess I am being misunderstood. I know that Cowboys fans sit on their asses and barely cheer. All reports confirm this. I know that
Seahawks fans can and do impact the game.

But, if a record comes down to 100000 fans out screaming 62000 fans for a couple of seconds on one particular day, then that has doom
written all over it.

All due respect, Joe, when you went on the field, it was an 11 vs. 11, not 18 vs. 11. You mean to tell me you could win THAT battle?

Hey, I thought Mr. Tafoya told you to shut it!

Kidding...

Though in seriousness, the Cowboys' stadium might hold more fans, but Qwest is designed to focus crowd noise down on to the field. I think the engineering of our stadium can make up for the 33000 fan differential.

Tical21

Reaction score
Let the others try to copy us and beat us. Then we can call them all wannabes. We'll be the trend setters. If we want to claim to be the loudest fans in football, lets freakin' prove it!

Riley12

Reaction score
Tical21":2n6zesah said:
Let the others try to copy us and beat us. Then we can call them all wannabes. We'll be the trend setters. If we want to claim to be the loudest fans in football, lets freakin' prove it!

As Cartire eloquently put - we HAVE proved it and continue to prove it, through much more meaningful measures than,
"Okay, scream as loud as you can for a few seconds."

Look at false starts, look at opposing QB timeouts, look at all of the measurable effects of our crowd noise. Those, not
turning on a decibel meter 3 times in a game, is how you determine a loud crowd.

...and bfs is correct. The loudest we can get is when you are screaming and you cannot hear yourself. There have
been a few of those moments in stadium history, and they were beautiful.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yeah. I fully expect another team to repeat this experiment and improve upon it.

But lose all authenticity and organic credentials in the process.

Where is the culture?

I recently went to an NBA game that constantly tried to motivate the crowd to cheer by putting up directions of when to SHHHHHH! And when to GET LOUUUUUUD!

It's like when Dayton's (Target) and Nordstrom's started selling 'Grunge Gear' for $80 a pop. Pre-torn, frayed and weathered blue jeans and flannels.

Ya missed the point, but nice try, asteriskholes.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
No debate needed. It is happening. Always compete! Win forever!

SEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!! HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWKS!!!
:229031_thewave: :229031_thewave:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Is there a way to make sure EVERYONE knows about this record breaking game? Personally I think there will be people who can't get into the game in the lot screaming but who knows.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
The Seahawks can't help get the information out there, but perhaps the local news station would be willing to do a spot on it the day prior, giving instructions for fans attending the game? It's worth a shot and it would help spread the word around. :mrgreen: