Would you have kicked it?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

'cause I woulda.

Gene Hackman from Crimson Tide style: "A simple Yes, by all means, sir, drop that ******. Twice."

All day I would have kicked that! AYFKM?

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score

'cause I woulda.

Gene Hackman from Crimson Tide style: "A simple Yes, by all means, sir, drop that ******. Twice."

All day I would have kicked that! AYFKM?
I totally would have kicked it. It would set up a decades long grudge match.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mike McDaniel has too much class.
Besides, he didn't want Payton rushing up to him after the game, demanding, "What's your deal?"?!!"
McDaniel would have forever been the bad guy, running up the score, and that's just not his deal.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Mike McDaniel has too much class.
Besides, he didn't want Payton rushing up to him after the game, demanding, "What's your deal?"?!!"
McDaniel would have forever been the bad guy, running up the score, and that's just not his deal.
I would have done it JUST so you could see Payton running up after the game shrieking like a little girl. I'd put that on a loop! All twingy and spitty and all!

That would have been 1/2 the fun!!!!

The other is setting an NFL record. I don't care what all time NFL record you got in your sights - kill that shit.

If the Donks didn't want a beatdown - well, then their D should have shown up.

And there's this comment on a youtube video about it which I think sums it up too:

"@shrekislove1509
23 hours ago
The most ridiculous thing is them saying they didn't want to run up the score as if getting 70 points wasn't already running up the score."

olyfan63

Reaction score
That would be the kind of schitt that gets remembered by the Donks for decades, as a score to be settled later... and other NFL teams.
Just not a good idea in any world I can think of.

The Dolphins had already subbed in their 2nd string, who continued to rack up points. So no, they weren't out to "run up the score", but their 2nd stringers were eager to put some good stuff on tape.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't have kicked it. Putting 70 points was a record of sorts anyways. Driving down the field for the last time and kneeling it deep in their end of the field is cool IMHO. It's saying
" you know we could score again and there's nothing you can do about it".

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Scoring 70 points is a big enough flex already. I would not have kicked it tbh.

The Donkeys were so demoralized to the point of being horse BBQ. Kicking the field goal would be like adding BBQ sauce to it or something.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have kicked it.

But it’s the Donkeys, so it would have been really, really tempting…

themunn

Reaction score
I think they should have kicked it. Sure it's 2nd stringers and sure it doesn't really matter, but I think for the players who did put up those 70 points, giving them the opportunity to make history and say to their kids or whatever that they were there on the day that the Miami Dolphins scored more points in a single game than any other team is worth it. If Payton or the Broncos don't like it then stop it.

I would feel differently if kicking it didn't give them the opportunity for the record, but it is what it is. TBH on the field I'm not even sure they would have known what the record was - although maybe once they scored 60 points somebody looked it up and saw that the record was already 73 points in that 1940 Bears game, so that would have just been to tie rather than win.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would have kicked it and handed Wilson and Payton both maybe not their worst loss but likely most embarrassing of their careers and perhaps the worst in league history… only because there is an alternate timeline where the Seahawks are the Broncos right now.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I would have kicked it and handed Wilson and Payton both maybe not their worst loss but likely most embarrassing of their careers and perhaps the worst in league history… only because there is an alternate timeline where the Seahawks are the Broncos right now.
Too funny - when I was reading your post - got to 'handed' and thought game ball.

Kick it, and then present them with the 'game' ball!

hahahahaha

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
That would be the kind of schitt that gets remembered by the Donks for decades, as a score to be settled later... and other NFL teams.
You mean if you dunk on SP you're gonna get, what - like BountyGate 2.0? Shanked in the parking lot after the game?!

Too funny.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I believe McDaniel was setting an example for his players. "There are much more important things in football than stats."

How could he have ever told his players to not worry about their stats, and put he team and winning first if he would have went for that stat?

Maulbert

Reaction score
I still wish Pete had kicked a field goal at the end of regulation in 2012 vs. the Cardinals. Would've made the game 61-0 instead of 58-0, only the second 60 point shutout in NFL history, the first in the Super Bowl era, and the biggest regular season shutout ever.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I wouldn't have kicked it. In some ways not-kicking is just as humiliating to the Broncos if not more. Like telling them "we could have made this worse but chose not to".

Torc

Reaction score
Point differential is a tie breaker for playoff seeding. They should have gotten every possible point. If you don't like it, stop them. Now I hope the Bills have some monster games and the Dolphins lose out on home field advantage because they didn't kick the field goal.

HIGHLY unlikely, but I can hope. :)

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Point differential is a tie breaker for playoff seeding. They should have gotten every possible point. If you don't like it, stop them.
This times 10. Boot meet neck. Don't take your boot off their neck.

Period. This ain't sparkly-unicorn-whiffleball. It's the NFL.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
It was the right thing to do to not go for the record. I believe the record is at that point where there's no reason for teams to *really* attempt to break it, and it is just running up the score. Get as close as you can to it? Sure, just don't be the ahole who actually breaks it.