Wyman Football 101: K9 breaking out for TDs

sutz

Reaction score
The OL loves that, when the RB can exploit a hole they create and take it to the house. They don't get a lot of direct props, but when the RB performs like that they take it as a point of personal pride in their group.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
This was a good analysis by Dave Wyman. It shows how well the offensive line is working together and creating holes for the run game. The screenshots show Lewis powering his block to the left and Blythe double-teaming and then dropping off to pick up the linebacker. Nice work...

DJ Dallas is really looking good too. He has a "fireplug" build that can get under bigger players and then can be very intimidating to tackle for defensive backs once in the backfield. He is like a boxer delivering hard shots to the body and wearing out the defense. Then it is easier for K9 to deliver a fast knock out punch.

But, Ken Walker is so much more than expected. He is so mentally mature, waiting for blocking to develop before "planting his foot" and just blowing past defenders. Besides being a home run threat every time he touches the ball, he is also a willing blocker. Truly a Badass and game changing player...

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
By the way...Dave Wyman was also a badass player. Dave, if you are reading this, how about selling a Wyman jersey? I have a counterfeit Bosworth...

Somos doces

Reaction score
Nice breakdown. This year's approach is a decent step up from Wyman scrawling with marker on a whiteboard. Perhaps some season he'll be allowed to use actual game footage to illustrate his points. In any case, it is awesome to see how the 13 package can contribute to some excellent run blocking (as well as its flexibility in the passing game).

acer1240

Reaction score
I didn't know what the 13 package was before watching this. I knew the formation and what not but I didn't know the term for it. Wyman is great at putting it in basic terms. I too wish he would be allowed to use video though. It would really enhance his breakdowns.

Mick063

Reaction score
I'm really liking the play of the center. They have so much responsibility. They often call blocking adjustments pre snap. They handle the ball every down. Good pass protection is performed "inside out", and you can't get any more inside than center.

But it is the run blocking that has been more impressive than anything else. Blythe helps on double teams and instinctively disengages at the right time to find others. He gets to the second level and seals. He gets his hat on people. Mitigating the free movement of inside linebackers is huge for the run game.

He had a tough outing against Atlanta. Grady Jarret gives EVERYONE trouble and it wasn't any different for Blythe. All Pros can be a problem. Other than the Falcon game, Blythe has won his matchup more often than not. He may have similar difficulty with Aaron Donald as well, but he is the best counter to Donald that the Seahawks have put on the field yet.

Blythe gets really fired up on the rush scores. Like really fired up. I like the emotion he displays. He is invested and his head is in the game. Really good player.

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm really liking the play of the center. They have so much responsibility. They often call blocking adjustments pre snap. They handle the ball every down. Good pass protection is performed "inside out", and you can't get any more inside than center.

But it is the run blocking that has been more impressive than anything else. Blythe helps on double teams and instinctively disengages at the right time to find others. He gets to the second level and seals. He gets his hat on people. Mitigating the free movement of inside linebackers is huge for the run game.

He had a tough outing against Atlanta. Grady Jarret gives EVERYONE trouble and it wasn't any different for Blythe. All Pros can be a problem. Other than the Falcon game, Blythe has won his matchup more often than not. He may have similar difficulty with Aaron Donald as well, but he is the best counter to Donald that the Seahawks have put on the field yet.

Blythe gets really fired up on the rush scores. Like really fired up. I like the emotion he displays. He is invested and his head is in the game. Really good player.
Wasn't he the one who Pete jumped into the arms of after K9's 74-yard TD? That was awesome.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score