XFL coming back in 2020

JimmyG

Reaction score
What's gonna make this league succeed? Remember the United Football League (2009-2012)? Did anyone watch a single game of that? I didn't. Even when the XFL was first around, I think I only watched a few games.

The only thing I could see is that since the league is becoming hyper-cautious with player safety, maybe the XFL could find a niche with returning to a form of more violent football. I doubt that happens though, that's probably not viable long-term (i.e. players would sue for health concerns).

chris98251

Reaction score
JimmyG":359grc7n said:
What's gonna make this league succeed? Remember the United Football League (2009-2012)? Did anyone watch a single game of that? I didn't. Even when the XFL was first around, I think I only watched a few games.

The only thing I could see is that since the league is becoming hyper-cautious with player safety, maybe the XFL could find a niche with returning to a form of more violent football. I doubt that happens though, that's probably not viable long-term (i.e. players would sue for health concerns).

You must have missed the WFL then.