Simpletons. :roll:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    624.5 KB · Views: 3,803

ivotuk

Reaction score
That. Is a fabulous picture!

Got one of him grabbing the wrong leg? He deserves an Oscar for that performance, because he fooled the Nation!

Oh, and if the whistle blew, then why is Carpenter still kicking?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I must say aside from all of the huba bulu about the play, I'm kind of disappointed Sherm didn't do a better job of actually knocking the ball down. Come on Sherm, you're better than that!

253hawk

Reaction score
EachIdioticAxisdeer.gif

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":1349ffln said:
I must say aside from all of the huba bulu about the play, I'm kind of disappointed Sherm didn't do a better job of actually knocking the ball down. Come on Sherm, you're better than that!

Honestly he got there fast enough to put his hand on the ball while it was being set. Not sure how you "block" it. Just go and stand in front of the kicker?

The whole thing is ridiculous. And listening to the "hot takes" around the talk shows today its a fairly sad indictment on how the game is devolving from Tuesday to Saturday.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sorry - the rule is that you have to touch the ball WHILE IN FLIGHT

It should have been a 15 yard penalty. Doesn't mean they didn't miss other calls and it is annoying this gets so much attention, but stop trying to argue that it is not a 15 yard penalty

Giblien

Reaction score
253hawk":2w3fv6bm said:

Gif of the year so far. It felt like we had our 2013 Sherman back last night. Not that he has been bad or anything, just the attitude came through loud and clear in last nights game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Actually watched NFL Live segment on this walking through a truck stop, and Jeff Saturday defended Sherman, while Tim Hasselbeck was whining about it.

For the most part, the panel didn't think Sherman was being dirty and played it the smart way.

Funny, everyone was saying Sherm was talking smack to Ryan, yet in the gif it just shows him giving the stare. I'd give Ryan the stare too......he talks enough smack from the side lines.

byau

Reaction score
Interesting bookend to the conversation earlier this season when (was it the Jets? 49ers?) there was a fumble but all the Seahawks defensive guys thought the play was dead. The opposing receiver picked up the ball and ran to the endzone and scored

One of the 710 guys said it's a lose-lose, because what do you do, go run after him and tackle him? Because then you'd look like a bully or cheap-shot artist

And here we are, Richard playing because the whistle hasn't blown and he's continuing the play and he's seen as a cheap shot artist

And for those "hot takes" saying "Richard said he didn't hear the whistle. So he says". I wish these people would watch the game again. I just did. The whistle did not blow. Richard continued through the play. Reached for the ball

That Carpenter guy should not have kicked it, furthermore it is his stupid flopping that made his trainers come out. I'd say Mr. Rex Ryan you need to tell your guy not to flop and tell your trainers to know the rulebook.

Ah well.

White Devil

Reaction score
mikeak":1j3xnigf said:

It should have been a 15 yard penalty. Doesn't mean they didn't miss other calls and it is annoying this gets so much attention, but stop trying to argue that it is not a 15 yard penalty

So what happens if it's never kicked? You're saying the holder could just sit there with his finger on the ball waiting for it to be kicked for how long?....forever?

Nobody is allowed to touch the kicker or the holder until the ball is kicked.

That's basically what you're saying.

White Devil

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":nt0mbh8s said:
White Devil":nt0mbh8s said:
mikeak":nt0mbh8s said:

So what happens if it's never kicked? You're saying the holder could just sit there with his finger on the ball waiting for it to be kicked for how long?....forever?

Nobody is allowed to touch the kicker or the holder until the ball is kicked.

That's basically what you're saying.

Technically that ball is live on the ground at the point before it is kicked. No different than diving for a fumble and hitting a player on the way to the ball.

I agree. I've seen this statement about the ball needing to be in flight a couple of times today, and I just don't get how that's supposed to work. It sounds good because under normal circumstances it's a pretty bang, bang play.

253hawk

Reaction score
Holding the kick is no different than botching it. Sherman could have creamed Schmidt if he wanted to (and wasn't offsides/unabated). The hold is basically a controlled fumble.

TXHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3ndgcdvr said:

The ball is always live on every play from the moment it is snapped until the whistle blows. The claim that Sherman isn't allowed to go after the ball until it's kicked is simply wrong.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Giblien":13kyhmws said:
253hawk":13kyhmws said:

Gif of the year so far. It felt like we had our 2013 Sherman back last night. Not that he has been bad or anything, just the attitude came through loud and clear in last nights game.

The crazy part about that is if you watch the play Rex is the one to start jawing. Sherm only stars him down so Sherm did not instigate anything. Rex being the dbag he is started this. Of course the narrative is Sherm was trash talking again. Ahhhhh I cant take the idiot media.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TXHawk":377o4gvw said:
mikeak":377o4gvw said:

The ball is always live on every play from the moment it is snapped until the whistle blows. The claim that Sherman isn't allowed to go after the ball until it's kicked is simply wrong.
Yep ^.... It's pretty straight forward..Once that ball is snapped, it's live and in play.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I also love how EVERYONE even some of the people defending him make the hit on the kicker to be so malicious and damaging. It was not even close to a hard hit. Sure there was acting going on by kicker to make it look worse but it WAS NOT THAT BAD. You can tell what kind of fan the NFL attracts now by people commenting about him "blowing up" the kicker.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Carpenter flopped like a fish, acted hurt and the refs didn't buy it

Latest posts