You can have one and only one.

If you could have one of the following active for this weekend's game, which would it be?

• Jon Ryan

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Michael Bennett

Votes: 47 68.1%

• Total voters

HawksSoc

Reaction score
You can have one of Bennett or Ryan fit for this weekend, which one and why?

Personally I'm slightly leaning Ryan. Clark and Avril can slightly mitigate the loss of Bennett, whereas we'd need to a sign a new Punter and Russ (?) would have to worry about holding on top of all the other stuff. Also Cards games can be sloppy at times, field position may be vital.

What say ye?

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Seanhawk":hj5cu1y3 said:
Quite amazingly, I may have to say Ryan too.

Hah, that's kind of why I posed the question! I saw a video on Twitter from the Hawks account over how both may be good to go and thought 'well once Bennett is fit', and then kind of stopped myself and questioned that.

getnasty

Reaction score
Going against the best running back in the league I'll take Bennett and it's not even close.

cymatica

Reaction score
Considering how hit and miss the offense is, ryan. Bennett gets held out of a play most the time anyways.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Ryan
We don't score enough points
Bennett costs them too many penalties

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm actually impressed with how much i need to think about this when at first glance the premise seems ridiculous.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Gotta go with Ryan on this one. Especially after how the last game played out, and the Jekyll and Hyde play of our team the last few weeks. Field position could mean everything, and we have Avril, et. al. to pick up the slack.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Basis4day":xdtccnzl said:
I'm actually impressed with how much i need to think about this when at first glance the premise seems ridiculous.

Me too. Ultimately went with Bennett, though, and here's why: while we need a punter (and Ryan is undoubtedly a great one), Bennett is a force up the middle on defense, and we've seen poor results when he's out. Give me that disruptive force up the middle and an adequate punter signed off the street instead of a less-destructive and quite possible ineffective force and maybe a few more yards on the punt.

sutz

Reaction score
Tough question. Inclined to side with the Ryan meme. Thinking low scoring affair, with field position being critical.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm calling an audible and saying Earl :cry:

I'm going Bennett. It is a tough call as Ryan doubles as holder as well and given how we love to blow red zone trips, that stability would come in handy in the fg department but I cannot take another qb having all day to throw against us. I want some pressure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I went with Bennett and I didn't really have to think hard about it.

There were a few Seahawks volunteering to step up and do punting duties. One of them was Russell Wilson.

Seriously, how screwed up would it make it to have a dual threat QB back there punting ? He'd only have to kick it 40 yards...there wouldn't be any run backs because the Cardinals would be terrified of fakes every time. And they should be.

sam1313

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone is saying regarding the need for Ryan, but I voted for Bennett because to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing our offense forced to go for it on 4th down more often. When we run the 2 min drill and have to go for in on 4th down, it works out more times than not. Wouldn't mind pushing that experiment in this game (although I am certainly mindful of the D's attempt to get the scoring title for the 5th straight season and they may need Ryan as much or more than Bennett to do so).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":65gv2sj0 said:
Who is the back up punter?

All Pete said Monday when asked about Ryan is "we think he'll be fine for this weekend, but if not we're ready." What the hell that means I have no idea.

Remember he's the holder for Haushka too, I'm more worried about that than getting another punter in here off the street for a game.

cosmicdebris

Reaction score
I have to go with Ryan. This game could very well come down to a field goal again. You don't want to mess with the kicker/holder chemistry.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Well given that there is a whole other thread devoted to "....can this team both reach and win the Super Bowl without an effective running game?"...I'm going to lean towards Ryan.
Going forward, an extra 33 yards a game rushing could have a significant impact on this goal...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f51as6al said:
Uncle Si":f51as6al said:
Who is the back up punter?

All Pete said Monday when asked about Ryan is "we think he'll be fine for this weekend, but if not we're ready." What the hell that means I have no idea.

Remember he's the holder for Haushka too, I'm more worried about that than getting another punter in here off the street for a game.

Wondering if Haush can punt and wilson can hold?

Latest posts